• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC]Sony doesn't have the most important game in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokurho

eZP0Hhq.jpg

Nintendo/Xbox/China have the most important games :messenger_bicep: 👀

for reference

Barakov

Gold Member
eZP0Hhq.jpg

for reference
Santa Claus GIF by Team Coco

Yes, they do!

They have Stellar Blade.... a game that stares down the vapid woke censorious leftist media and US gaming landscape and throws up a middle finger:

If this game plays as good as it looks, my oh my! It's gonna be Hogwarts 2.0 in 2024.

The gaming media will collectively shit the bed. Neo-feminists with froth at the mouth like a wet skunk with rabies... and ResetEra will collectively have a fucking aneurism, group-wanking over their intent to boycott the game for its blatant female sexualization and ostensible male gaze-driven camera work.

The meltdowns will be fucking glorious, and we here on Gaf will revel in the bitter tears of those pathetic cuckold souls who suffer from a pathological fear of tits & ass.

GymWolf

They have stellar blade and ups simulator 2, so an unproved IP and another...mmm peculiar project from kojima that is not for everyone to say the least, but the bigs haven't announced shit yet.

We need some trailers for:

tsushima 2
new bend game
new bluepoint game
new corey project
new nd single player game
maybe an housemarque teaser
Maybe a teaser from guerrilla for that horizon multyplayer game

I would wait to try wukong and the other chinese\koreans games before going overboard with the praises.

Last edited:
Not sure what this really says, other than Sony tend to try to keep their cards closer to their chests when it comes to games and when they are ready

It’s not doing that. That has caused Xbox some troubles in the past. (Although the last guardian says hello)

I’m also not sure that important, in the article means ‘system seller’. As Microsoft seem to be unable to create and release a game like that at the moment (a gears, or halo type of event that brought people to their console). Not that I am saying Sony are knocking them out the park on a regular basis, but outselling your main rival by more than 2:1. Normally says you must be doing something right on the games front.

Even Nintendo have their generational touchstones that see Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and the gang return multiple times a generation and most sell like gang busters

I’m personally hopeful that Xbox do finally start to release games that have the ability to pull people to their systems. But if they are now pushing a new console in up to 3 years. Then a split focus may see them struggle in this area for now. Especially if they are moving onto new tech and managing their current consoles as well.

Just my two cents

And happy new year folks. I hope all is well out there 🎉🫶🏽

Gojiira

Really think Wukong is being misrepresented, almost to the degree of The Day Before.
My reasoning? Trailers/marketing etc have heavily one thing, namely that its a Soulslike, BUT every preview, every first hand report has said something else which is that its almost entirely short linear levels with cinematics, then a boss with ‘maybe’ a handful of regular enemies.
Honestly that alone has put me right off it, it sounds like a glorified boss rush. So yeah marketing it as a Soulslike just because the combat is superficially similar is misleading, guess we’ll see.

Mr Hyde

The most important game of 2024 is Eiyuden Chronicles. It's perhaps the most important game of all time.

Sanepar

They are not wrong. 2023 event and games were a joke. Besides spiderman 2 nothing relevant. 2024 besides third party exclusives looks like another dry year.
Soon or later consumers will realize ps is about 1-2 games per year.

They are not wrong. 2023 event and games were a joke. Besides spiderman 2 nothing relevant. 2024 besides third party exclusives looks like another dry year.

Your wrong there. Which is why the PS5 selling disturbs you.

Embrace it. Accept it.

Take it in.

Don't worry it won't hurt.

:p

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member

Your problem here is that you assume consumers in general are that concerned about who made the exclusives. Only forum warriors care that much. At the end of the day, the vast majority of consumers only want to know that a game is good and what platform they can play it on.

Your problem here is that you assume consumers in general are that concerned about who made the exclusives. Only forum warriors care that much. At the end of the day, the vast majority of consumers only want to know that a game is good and what platform they can play it on.

It really is that simple.

Can the PS5 play good games?

That's the only question that needs to be asked.

We are currently seeing what consumers want so the answer to that question is a resounding yes.

People who fail to see that the PS5 can play good games are just in denial here.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
How?

First-party exclusives:
  • Spider-Man 2 (90)
  • Horizon Burning Shores (82)
  • God of War Ragnarok Valhalla (87)
Full exclusives:
  • Final Fantasy 16 (87)
So that's 2 huge AAA exclusive games at or near 90 MC. And 2 very loved and acclaimed expansions.

Then other smaller PS Studios exclusive stuff:
  • PS VR 2
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain
  • Firewall Ultra
  • GT 7 PS VR 2
That's more and better exclusive content than the direct competitor -- on top of a wonderful exclusive games library since Nov. 2020.

How was 2023 a joke?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I thought that we didn't need to care about that specifically. I mean, the most important game is the most profitable game... So Nintendo is probably the winner

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
It really is that simple.

Can the PS5 play good games?

That's the only question that needs to be asked.

We are currently seeing what consumers want so the answer to that question is a resounding yes.

People who fail to see that the PS5 can play good games are just in denial here.

Right. It really won't matter to most, I'd say nearly everyone, if Sony themselves only released one or two games they made in a year. As long as they also cut deals with third-parties to keep their offerings relatively robust. Final Fantasy 16 wasn't any less a PS5 exclusive last year. These acquisitions have really broken some brains around here.

tommycronin

Banned
2024 Live Service Sony Games kicks in. They also haven't had a most important game in the year for many years now.

Last edited:
eZP0Hhq.jpg

for reference

Honestly like wtf are you even talking about. This is beyond worst thread ever. Do better, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom