• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve says it has sold ‘multiple millions’ of Steam Decks

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Buying a game on your PC like you normally would, and being able to play it on your portable Steam Deck.

I’ve brought it along during vacations, and to play at work. Even just sitting in another room to play while wife watches TV. All powered by the device itself, not an inferior streaming situation where my PC is running too.

Edit: On a side note people need to keep in mind that this is a handheld you can only buy through Steam. To sell what they have with no retail presences is pretty damn impressive.

It must have been a neat surprise considering its niche case and limited release. They were very conservative with the Steam Deck since nobody know how big the PC handheld market is, so they only limit the sales through their Steam Store. The months of supply constrain must have boasted their confident.

Still they could do well partnering with official licensed provider to release it to more countries. Thankfully Legion Go and ROG Ally exist to help satiate the demands.

poodaddy

We'll see...
austin powers GIF

Codes 208

honestly i actually do consider this good news. So far the steam deck was my favorite experience for a pc handheld and in looking forward to grabbing a new oled model next week (hopefully)

Top Bottom