• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V/H/S 99 Coming To Shudder On October 20th

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/vhs-99-shudder-october-announcement/

had no idea this was even in production. really excited even though the franchise has been all over the place. I am one of the few who enjoyed V/H/S 1. not a masterpiece, but enjoyable nonetheless. V/H/S 2 was definitely an improvement.

V/H/S Viral was pretty weak so I had low expectations for V/H/S 94, but it ended up being easily one of the best films of 2021 IMO. it is soooo good. if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend giving it a go:

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/vhs-99-shudder-october-announcement/

had no idea this was even in production. really excited even though the franchise has been all over the place. I am one of the few who enjoyed V/H/S 1. not a masterpiece, but enjoyable nonetheless. V/H/S 2 was definitely an improvement.

V/H/S Viral was pretty weak so I had low expectations for V/H/S 94, but it ended up being easily one of the best films of 2021 IMO. it is soooo good. if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend giving it a go:

I can only watch through Shudder? Even with a free trial, signing up for another streaming service is a hard sell friendo.

MacReady13

I'm no fan at all of streaming services BUT, Shudder is one I subscribe to. I did enjoy VHS 94. Not as good as the original or part 2 but far better than Viral. Looking forward to this new one though and hoping it comes out on 4K bluray...

Watched the first segment of this (Shredding) and it was FUCKING HORRIBLE. Quite possibly the worst VHS segment of all time. The best part about it is that it reminded me of a band I liked in the 90s called Kittie. I looked up the director of the segment afterwards and it's some lady that wrote + directed an episode for some Blumhouse Hulu show called My Valentine that was lambasted by RedLetterMedia.

I'm gonna need a breather before I continue watching...

Edit: Finished watching.
The Flying Lotus + Hell segments were pretty fun (gonna need a Mabel the Skullbiter spinoff ASAP), and the Sorority segment had a few good moments. The Medusa one sucked, though.

Overall I'd say it's a step below VHS 94.

Last edited:
Shredding 4/10
Coffin sorority 8/10
Legends of Hidden Temple 6/10
Medusa 5/10
fell asleep last one.

overally pretty shit

Last edited:
Top Bottom