• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US: Helldivers II Physical & digital sales more than doubled launch week volume. Inverse decays are rare

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I will be sure to bring this topic up whenever some Sony fan says "X game dropping 9 places in the sales charts, happens with every game and is not a reflection of its quality or entertainment value"

As above this game is a phenomenal GaaS title I managed to snag the final achievement last night.

A2puPoR.jpg

Killjoy-NL

I will be sure to bring this topic up whenever some Sony fan says "X game dropping 9 places in the sales charts, happens with every game and is not a reflection of its quality or entertainment value"

As above this game is a phenomenal GaaS title I managed to snag the final achievement last night.

A2puPoR.jpg
Or it just means it's a sleeper-hit driven by word of mouth.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

A2puPoR.jpg
That's not necessarily true.

A game like Spider-Man 2 or God of War Ragnarok already have a huge fanbase. That fanbase would be there to buy the games day one. Eventually, week 2 and 3 sales will start going down.

On the other hand, a game like Helldivers 2 may not have a huge fanbase. But more people will end up buying the game based on good reviews and word of mouth. So the sales in week 2 and 3 will start going up.

Klayzer

That's not necessarily true.

A game like Spider-Man 2 or God of War Ragnarok already have a huge fanbase. That fanbase would be there to buy the games day one. Eventually, week 2 and 3 sales will start going down.

On the other hand, a game like Helldivers 2 may not have a huge fanbase. But more people will end up buying the game based on good reviews and word of mouth. So the sales in week 2 and 3 will start going up.
Very solid logic. Word of mouth is definitely at play here.

Before Covid (BC?), it seemed like these word of mouth type games were far more rare to blow up. Now we've already had two out of nowhere blowout successes and it's only February.

Top Bottom