• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming James Bond game Project 007 is being described as "the ultimate spycraft fantasy"

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I wouldn't call it an immersive sim. More like a puzzle game. Most solutions are scripted.

You clearly havent played the game. You can follow the story takedowns if you want BUT the game also offers a ton of freedom on how to kill them. It's the purest form of immersive sim.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah I'm not getting excited for a concept of a game that is still "at least a few years away".

hyperbertha

You clearly havent played the game. You can follow the story takedowns if you want BUT the game also offers a ton of freedom on how to kill them. It's the purest form of immersive sim.
I've played all three games. Immersive sims are systems driven. Hitman is exploration puzzle games. The assassination methods are scripted and unique except for guns and mines.

Hitman should not be where they look for inspiration, Alpha Protocol is. And Is it going to have hot Bond girls in it? Because that is a huge part of the Bond super spy fantasy and if they don’t do that they might as well not bother.

Last edited:

intbal

Hitman should not be where they look for inspiration, Aloha Protocol is. And Is it going to have hot Bond girls in it? Because that is a huge part of the Bond super spy fantasy and if they don’t do that they might as well not bother.

1I7bLdP.jpg

Kerotan

If you have a PS3 that's capable don't miss out on Everything or Nothing for PS2, that was a better send off for Pierce Brosnan than Die Another Day
I still own the disc on PS2. Agent Under fire my first and favourite. Nightfire next. Everything or nothing was Great. It had a co op campaign too. Goldeneye rogue agent and From Russia with love were cool as well. A big part of my childhood.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah I'm not getting excited for a concept of a game that is still "at least a few years away".

Their pedigree on action games is very questionable. What people expect from James Bond is a stealth action game, with big action moments. It is after all, an action franchise.

Do they even have the budget for this? And how hard will it be to recruit the type of talent they need if they want to reach the heights some people are already expecting?

I’m expecting a mediocre game with a couple of stand out bits, and already writing the first one as lessons learned.

Last edited:

Woggleman

There should be an option to choose from all the Bonds over the years and the game should take place over various decades.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
There are some that try to claim Hitman is imsim but the general consensus is that it's not. Staples like Prey, Deus ex, thief and dishonored are quite different from Hitman. Sorry.
Again, imsims do not have an exact definition as much as you want them to be. Its cool, live in your own bubble, now lets move on.

Top Bottom