• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn Remake/Remaster Leaked Screenshots

Screenshots I received from a source reveals new playable segment and a new death for one of the playable characters (Jess)
z7Vxz1H.jpg

CPhic2I.jpg

rV8UNZF.jpg

The source is this reddit post on /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Leaked screenshots or on purpose badly photographed images of the good old PS4 version? Can anyone actually confirm these scenes are not in the existing release?

Last edited:
It's interesting. I think this is actually a really big test for Sony and before anyone overreacts, that doesn't mean this game has to sell 20 millions copies.

This is Sony taking a jab at how they can manage their IP and not one of their most heralded IP. They aren't working with Supermassive Games on this, rather they're working with an offshoot studio with former employees with Supermassive, giving Sony a second chance at this with Ballistic Moon. The game is coming to PS5 and PC, the PC portion here is a really big deal as there can be some really successful horror IP on PC.

Where I'm surprised is that we haven't heard of any VR support here. That seems like a miss.

But there is going to be an Until Dawn movie released and my guess would be that it'll come out between June and October and that the game will come out around the same time.

So you have the following companies involved with Until Dawn

Sony Interactive Entertainment
Ballistic Moon
PlayStation Productions
Sony Pictures
Sony Screen Gem

The ceiling on Until Dawn is really in the vein of slasher movies meaning the highest you can really expect to do would be Halloween 2018. The movie made 260 million dollars on a budget of 10 million dollars, but Halloween is a storied franchise.

50 million at the box office with a limited budget is probably the goal here, plus IP buzz for the PC and PS5 games. Selling probably 3-5 million copies of this across PS5 and PC is probably another sign of success here and would probably trigger Sony buying Ballistic and getting back into the horror genre to try to repeat this process of game to movie IP. If the movie and game is successful, it'll be a lot easier for Ballistic to recruit Supermassive staff.

near

Gold Member
Leaked screenshots or on purpose badly photographed images of the good old PS4 version? Can anyone actually confirm these scenes are not in the existing release?
I recognise the towel screen, that is early on. But don't recognise the images of the character with the bleeding eye. But then again, this is a decision driven story game, might of not been in my storyline.

Top Bottom