• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unleashed Trailer (Jet Li movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

=W=

Didn't this used to be called Danny the Dog? Did they change the title? Was this also written by Luc Besson?

IMDB

Yes, yes, yes.

Ok, nevermind. Looks like it could be good, but I, too, was not impressed by The Transporter.

+1 for Muse in the trailer

Alucard

Banned
The Transporter was pure fun, over-the-top, suspension of disbelief, action/adventure goodness. And Statham was totally the man in it. The fighting coreography was pretty sweet too, and the soundtrack was fairly old-school cheese. I liked it!

This looks like it could be decent as well.

Mairu

I don't really like Jet Li, but this movie looks like it's going to be awesome. I was anticipating it when it was called Danny the Dog, and I'm still anticipating it now. 2005 is going to be an awesome year for movies with this, Star Wars Episode 3, Chronicles of Narnia, War of the Worlds, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and many others that I'm sure I'm forgetting about.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
this movie will rock. I wish they kept the name Danny the Dog

The Transporter rocked. It was certainly better than most of Jet Li's US films (The One, Cradle 2 the Grave, Romeo Must Die, etc.). The trailer for Unleashed looks excellent IMO.

Dead

well not really...yet
Massive Attack apparently did the whole soundtrack to movie. And the trailer is indeed awesome

karasu

This crap has been in the vaults for like a year and a half now, which leads me to believe it'll suck. That girl is the worst actress in history, and her voice doesn't help.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Alucard said:
The Transporter was pure fun, over-the-top, suspension of disbelief, action/adventure goodness. And Statham was totally the man in it. The fighting coreography was pretty sweet too, and the soundtrack was fairly old-school cheese. I liked it!

This looks like it could be decent as well.

Yep.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Man i must be more tired than i thought, i think i just got a little excited for a jet li film...crazy.

jett

D-Member
God why does Jet Li keep on making these piece of shit american films? What the fuck is he thinking?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Alucard said:

I just wanted to agree with this post, Transporter is one of my guilty pleasures.

Dead

well not really...yet
Besson didnt direct Transporter or this movie though he did direct the awesome Fifth Element

Iceman

I don't know what anyone is expecting from a Jet Li movie.. Shakespeare?

This movie is going to be all about the threat of going murderous on a bunch of unsuspecting Jet Li victims and then going murderous on those would be victims... with style, rinsing, eating popcorn, repeating.

I am ALL OVER THIS MOVIE.

Did you guys watch Drunken Master II for the deep and emotionally impacting plight of the blue collar working man and the raping of China's history?

LakeEarth

karasu said:
This crap has been in the vaults for like a year and a half now, which leads me to believe it'll suck. That girl is the worst actress in history, and her voice doesn't help.
Uh oh, never a good sign. And I'm shocked how many people are complaining it's not called Danny the Dog anymore... that's a fricken retarded title.

Shinobi

Iceman said:
Did you guys watch Drunken Master II for the deep and emotionally impacting plight of the blue collar working man and the raping of China's history?

:lol I actually found that part kinda interesting :lol...but yeah, let's not kid ourselves...the action was the main event.

I don't know, this movie looks pretty interesting to me...of course I liked Kiss of the Dragon as well, so take that for what it's worth.

And I agree with LakeEarth, Danny the Dog is a dumb fuck title...unless it's for a children's book.

BTW, I have no idea what the trailer size is from Apple's website since I couldn't get it to load, but here's a 640x480 downloadable trailer from IGN.

http://ffmovies.ign.com/filmforce/video/article/550/550606/unleashed_trailer_092404_qthigh.mov

Mason said:
How does this look anything near "good"? You guys are crackheads. And The Transporter sucked ass. Apparently you'll get your second fix soon though: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388482/

I did love Fifth Element. What happened, Luc?

I finally saw The Transporter this summer after seeing The Transporter 2 car chase being filmed outside my Hotel in South Beach

# Unleashed is a better title than danny dog

karasu

Iceman said:
I don't know what anyone is expecting from a Jet Li movie.. Shakespeare?

This movie is going to be all about the threat of going murderous on a bunch of unsuspecting Jet Li victims and then going murderous on those would be victims... with style, rinsing, eating popcorn, repeating.

I am ALL OVER THIS MOVIE.

This movie is suppossedly more about Drama. After you've done over ten years of pure action films, you get bored of it all.

I watched Drunken Master for both the comedy and Martial Arts. Not only the few scenes of combat.

shuri

Banned
karasu said:

The movie is coming out first in France, and it was completed in september 2004 :)

karasu

Yeah, but it finished filming in May of 2003, and post production was extended a couple times (this isn't an effects movie either).

This movie has a great concept and a pretty damn good cast, but I honestly could tell there is something not quite right lurking beneath the surface. I have a feeling that the actually movie will feel very slow and tedious without the acting carrying enough weight to pull the emotions and drama this movie is searching for.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Man you guys are harsh. Yeah jet li has made some stinkers but if you wanna get into hollywood you gotta take what roles are available. Everyone cant be lucky and get great movies when they start out. Its not just Jet Li overseeing every aspect of a movie, he reads his lines, which he doesnt write, that are part of a script he doesnt write, and he does this for a director and production crew that thinks that he is a good fit for the part. Probably because he's asian and it looks so "cool" when he does martial arts. Its worked a few times though, he was a good villan in Lethal Weapon 4, and Kiss of the Dragon was a good movie. Its kinda messed up, though, Jet Li because of his ethnicity and abilities is gonna be type cast until he gets a big break, makes some big money, then maybe he will get more say in what he acts in, looks like Unleashed is gonna be pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom