• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NARUTO Live Action Movie in the Works at Lionsgate, with Destin Daniel Cretton Writing and Directing

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Naruto, one of the most popular mangas of all time, is headed to the big screen.

Destin Daniel Cretton, who co-wrote and directed the Marvel Studios movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, has been tapped to pen and helm a live-action adaptation of the title for Lionsgate.

Shang-Chi was good, this could be solid. Its not Dragon Ball we're talking about here, Naruto could easily be done in live action.

Hollywood already got its filthy hands on games, anime is next up. They have zero room for creativity and originality.

If this is in any way profitable, expect Bleach, Digimon, Full Metal, etc to follow suit

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Avi and Ari Arad producing, oof.

I guess that was the only way to get it made, though.

How much of the manga will they adapt? You obviously cant fit the entire thing in one movie.

Last edited:

Doom85

Shang-Chi was good, this could be solid. Its not Dragon Ball we're talking about here, Naruto could easily be done in live action.

We’re in a post-Man of Steel world, Dragonball’s type of fight scenes can be done right in live action with the right creative team handling it.

Area 51 Naruto GIF by MOODMAN

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
We’re in a post-Man of Steel world, Dragonball’s type of fight scenes can be done right in live action with the right creative team handling it.
It’s the hair and screaming that can’t be done without hella cringe

Hollywood already got its filthy hands on games, anime is next up. They have zero room for creativity and originality.
Join this thread:

or subscribe to these channels:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I automatically think of this disaster. Although I've tried it several times over the years, I've never managed more than 20 minutes with this movie.

281180.jpg

Fbh

Never understood the appeal of these live action adaptations.
It's always just a crappier and more cringy version of the show.

I guess one can hope it's a bad in a funny way like Dragon Ball Evolution
she-dragonball.gif

Kadve

I automatically think of this disaster. Although I've tried it several times over the years, I've never managed more than 20 minutes with this movie.

281180.jpg
Well doesnt have to be a complete disaster like that one. Heard The Bleach Live action movie for example being quite decent.
live_action_bleach_poster.png

Though that one was made in Japan and i think they turned the entire thing into a Tokusatsu (got serious Garo vibes just by watching a few clips). Which i doubt this one will.

Top Bottom