• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves (PS5) | Reviews Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
url

Platforms:

• PC (TBA)

• PlayStation 5 (Jan 28, 2022)
Developer: Naughty Dog

Publisher: PlayStation

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 85 average - 80% recommended - 15 reviews

Critic Reviews

COGconnected - Mark Steighner - 90 / 100

Quote not yet available

Cerealkillerz - Nick Erlenhof - German - 9 / 10

If you haven't played Uncharted 4: A Thieves End and The Lost Legacy yet, you should get this collection. You'll get the best versions of both games, sadly without the multiplayer modes included in the originals. Fast loading times, three graphics modes, better optics and a great integration of the DualSense Controller make this a great remaster collection.

Checkpoint Gaming - Nat Patterson - 8.5 / 10

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection joins the Nathan Drake Collection as the best way to experience some of the greatest titles PlayStation has ever put out into the world. Naughty Dog truly are kings of their craft, having created many of the industry’s greatest games, and with Uncharted established a franchise that captures the movie-like-magic of adventure cinema and brings it into the interactive space. Who knows what the future of the Uncharted franchise has in store, but for now getting your hands on this collection is a sure-fire way to experience a platform-defining experience that should hold up for years to come.

Console Creatures - Bobby Pashalidis - Recommended

Whether you’re a first-time treasure hunter or a renowned collector, returning to the world of Uncharted with the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is worth checking out.

Enternity.gr - Giannis Archontidis - Greek - 8 / 10

The indifferent upgrade to DualSense and the absence of multiplayer show that the remaster is aimed mainly at players who were not lucky enough to enjoy one of the top games of the previous generation.

GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 9 / 10

No doubt some will have expected more of a visual overhaul, but it’s hard to find fault with Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

Hardcore Gamer - Kevin Dunsmore - 4 / 5

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection might not be the shiniest of Sony’s remastered treasures, but it’s a treasure nonetheless.

Nerdburglars - Dan Hastings - 9 / 10

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves combines Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy into a bundle that makes up the best example of stunning game visuals worthy of a blue ribbon. Everything that made Uncharted 4 perfect has remained unchanged, now with jaw-dropping visuals. It is unfortunate there were no expansions or additional content like we saw with Iki island for Ghost of Tsushima but this is still an incredibly good value for money purchase for owners of the game on PS4 that will keep you going until we see Naughty Dogs first official PS5 release.

One More Game - Vincent Ternida - Buy

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection deserves a place on your collection whether you are a long-time Uncharted fan or a newcomer who wants to see what the hype is all about. With the additions on the PS5, it really makes for an excellent port that serves up superb visuals and a soundtrack to remember. The collection turns a great game even better, with lightning-fast loading times and subtle DualSense support which honestly could have been improved.

PlayStation Universe - John-Paul Jones - 9.5 / 10

Whether you're experiencing these stunning games for the first time or are returning for another playthrough, emboldened by the technical facelift that the PlayStation 5 provides, Uncharted: Legacy Of Thieves Collection brings together two absolute banner PlayStation exclusives into a delectable and unmissable package that serves as a timely reminder that Nathan Drake and company have been long missed.

PowerUp! - Adam Mathew - 9 / 10

These are landmark titles and Naughty Dog's engaging gameplay and exquisite craftsmanship have been put on display for a whole new generation.

Sirus Gaming - Lexuzze Tablante - 8 / 10

Despite the lack of ray tracing and the absence of Uncharted 4‘s beloved multiplayer, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is still an impressive PS5 port, providing the best overall performance. However, the $49.99 price point doesn’t really sit well with me; such that the PS4 versions of both games, which costs about only $10 each at retail, still look and play great.

We Got This Covered - Shaan Joshi - 4 / 5

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection does little to improve on the series' gameplay, but the visual facelift is more than enough of a reason to give these two genre greats another go.

WellPlayed - Kieron Verbrugge - 7.5 / 10

While it's not overly surprising to see PlayStation migrate two of its biggest last gen titles to the PS5 and slap a new entry fee on the front, it's also not an overly exciting end product. There's merit in playing these beloved and bombastic blockbuster hits in an eye-searing new fidelity but the weight of this package isn't quite worth the gold.

XGN.nl - Chris Boers - Dutch - 7.5 / 10

Two of the latest Uncharted games were brought to the PS5 (and later PC) with graphical improvements and DualSense support. Playing these games in 4K with HDR is a marvel. Sony has also finally figured out how to easily incorporate progress from the PS4 versions. However, the price structure is a mess and Sony really should sort that out, especially when the competition has made that so easy.

Loope

This is UC4 and Lost Legacy, right. Not the 1st 3 titles, right?

I'm playing the original on PSNow and for a person that doesn't like cinematic games, fuck me i'm having fun. Might grab this one on PC, if they're on the same line.

Allforce

Is there a Chapter Select?

Drove me nuts in the Uncharted Collection that I couldn't just jump to my favorite setpieces and play them without playing through the whole game again. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Uncharted is not that tired of a franchise

My second most played MP game after BF4 on PS4. What I liked about it is that it's easy to learn and hard to master. I've became a nightmare with all the mines as I've memorized most of the routes people take and plant mines there. Some games that I used to enter could as well flip the table and make the team win, lol.

Might get the PS5 upgrade just to play the MP again. Excited for TLOU Factions MP though.

This is UC4 and Lost Legacy, right. Not the 1st 3 titles, right?

I'm playing the original on PSNow and for a person that doesn't like cinematic games, fuck me i'm having fun. Might grab this one on PC, if they're on the same line.

That would be this one:

71VMbefICaL._SL1000_.jpg

Highly recommended! They play so good and it's already 60fps.

Last edited:

Loope

My second most played MP game after BF4 on PS4. What I liked about it is that it's easy to learn and hard to master. I've became a nightmare with all the mines as I've memorized most of the routes people take and plant mines there. Some games that I used to enter could as well flip the table and make the team win, lol.

Might get the PS5 upgrade just to play the MP again. Excited for TLOU Factions MP though.

That would be this one:

71VMbefICaL._SL1000_.jpg

That collection is on PSNow? That one won't come out on PC, will it? To be honest i've been checking the prices of PS4, but they're expensive as shit now. I always thought prices would go down due to the release of PS5.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That collection is on PSNow? That one won't come out on PC, will it? To be honest i've been checking the prices of PS4, but they're expensive as shit now. I always thought prices would go down due to the release of PS5.

It's 3 remastered games in one package for $20 now:

I think if you really liked it on PS Now then you should download it and play it locally, unless those are PS3 games not the remastered PS4 version.

kyliethicc

Any graphical improvements beyond resolution?
yeah. LoDs, drawn distances, less pop-in, bit better textures sometimes too. Minor stuff but better in both games.

Even the shadows were improved.

More reviews

Perfect score 10/10 from VGC

Perfect score 10/10 from Screen Rant

9/10 from Push Square

Eurogamer DF review (unscored)

IGN video on performance by NXGamer NXGamer

Another recommendation from nextgenbase

Last edited:

Hunnybun

So, virtually no improvement to the textures (this is imo a big problem with the game).

No 40fps mode.
No dynamic resolution.
No attempt to go beyond 1440p, even though the headroom is clearly there.
Virtually no other graphical improvements.

Sounds completely shit, if I'm honest. Pretty much the only improvement beyond what you'd expect from just a frame rate unlock is the loading.

Why the fuck have we had to wait over a year for this?!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

That would be this one:

71VMbefICaL._SL1000_.jpg

Just a joke, I can't resist sometimes : D

jaysius

Banned
Lost Legacy is the best Uncharted game. If you don't agree you like licking in-between toes after 12 days of not showering.
Shitty broken stealth, the awful AI shows it's age and all it's weakness.

It is a very nice looking game though.

Overall the Uncharted series hasn't aged well, it hurts going back to the old games, so much has evolved in gaming since even Uncharted 3 at this point. I remember trying to go back to the series when they put the collection on the PS PLUS service for "free" and it even had aged too much then to still be fun... that was years ago.

They should have taken the time and effort to port the vita game.

I loved these games back in the day, the multiplayer of 2 was amazing fun when it came out. It's a damned shame they fucked up the multiplayer in 4 with awful abilities that didn't really click in the game.

This is just a port of the last 2 games to make the game relevant to drum up some interest in the IP so that the awful movie doesn't completely tank out the gate.

It would be amazing if NG stopped with The Last of Us series and made a new Uncharted series using all the techniques they've used from TLOU.

Uncharted was silly fun, no agendas, just a great time, we need more of that in gaming today.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
other than a resolution drop im not seeing any difference in scene density between the modes, hell 120fps looks really decent.. and man for a 6y.o. game its still incredible looking... fucking hell i cant wait to see them do a native PS5 game from scratch

Last edited:

wvnative

Drove me nuts in the Uncharted Collection that I couldn't just jump to my favorite setpieces and play them without playing through the whole game again. Ain't nobody got time for that.

All Uncharted games have chapter select

Roufianos

This is exactly why I won't be getting this. Uncharted 4 had some terrible paced, boring segments.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Same as PC ports get reviews. New tech.

This would be the equivalent of re reviewing crysis when GPUs could run at 60fps.

I get why people do it, its easy to review an old game thats already been reviewed and with an iP like Uncharted its gonna get some clicks.

But aside from the reviewera gain, I think its pretty pointless.

kyliethicc

This would be the equivalent of re reviewing crysis when GPUs could run at 60fps.

I get why people do it, its easy to review an old game thats already been reviewed and with an iP like Uncharted its gonna get some clicks.

They're just buying advice for consumers.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nice. I have uc4 on disc and LL on digital.
Anyone knows how to upgrade LL to full package digitally ?

kyliethicc

Nice. I have uc4 on disc and LL on digital.
Anyone knows how to upgrade LL to full package digitally ?
On launch day, Friday, just go to the store and you can upgrade from Lost Legacy to the Legacy of Thieves Collection for $10.

No need to use your Uncharted 4 disc.

This is from Sony's site.
You own Lost Legacy digitally, so you can upgrade to the collection via the store on the 28th.
You get the full collection, both games.
jqzaW4r.jpg

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

It is a new SKU and people who don't have consoles and are getting it on PC might want to know how the game performs or whether this package is worth seeking out (versus just staying with the base versions of the game).

. . .I think you're just being a bit of a curmudgeon here.

Termite

Uncharted 4 was a bit disappointing (but gorgeous). Lost Legacy was great.

If Uncharted is going to come back, though, they need to find a way to make the climbing gameplay meaningful.

Karak

Watching the Digital Foundry video...this game aged tremendously well. Seriously, most games out right now don't have character models as detailed as this.
I was expecting just a framerate boost but seems like it's more than that.

I wasn't going to play this right now but watching this is making me want to go back to this, lmao
Its pretty impressive. As I said in my reviews, this is also a time for Lost Legacy to get some love. Because that game is PURE uncharted for me.

Top Bottom