• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Sales | Starfield Premium Edition debuts at number seven

Draugoth

Gold Member
loja-esta-vendendo-starfield-no-ps4-e-ps5-mas-o-jogo-nao-sera-lancado-no-console-da-sony-080200.jpg

Hogwarts Legacy has returned to the top of the UK boxed charts, following a 228% spike in sales week-on-week.

As reported by GfK, a retailer promotion has seen sales increase across all formats for the Warner Bros. title, the highest on PS5 at 266% followed by Xbox Series X|S at 249%.

Meanwhile, Starfield's premium edition upgrade — essentially a box with a download code that unlocks early access to the digital edition — debuted at No.7 following early access on Friday last week. The full game will be released on September

LjOAmHx.png

Eotheod

That is actually incredibly surprising for the UK, considering the presumed low install base and the fact it's just a download code. Obviously biggest sales will be either digital or gamepass, as is literally the case these days across many games. Still, quite an interesting mark to the otherwise typical entries on that roster.

Tsaki

What would "retailer promotion" mean? Did they put it on sale? Did they give it more marketing, meaning posters about Hogwarts everywhere?

The Shepard

That is actually incredibly surprising for the UK, considering the presumed low install base and the fact it's just a download code. Obviously biggest sales will be either digital or gamepass, as is literally the case these days across many games. Still, quite an interesting mark to the otherwise typical entries on that roster.

The UK is the Xbox series's second best market Vs the competition after the USA so the install base is not so far from the PS5 as it is in other countries around the world. The install base is definitely not low.

Duchess

I've bought games from The Game Collection before, when they're cheaper than on Amazon. Right now, HL is £38:

Fast delivery, too. I ordered a game from them recently and got it two days later.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Is this just preorders the game doesn’t come out until Tuesday ?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Is this just preorders the game doesn’t come out until Tuesday ?

Starfield Premium Upgrade is compatible with Xbox Series X and S.

Upgrade from Standard Edition and receive the following bonus items:
Early access to the base game from 01/09/2023 for Xbox Game Pass customers only
Starfield Premium Upgrade is compatible with Xbox Series X and S
Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
Up to 5 days early access**
Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
Steelbook Display Case ***
Constellation Patch ***

Purchase now for 5 days early access.*

Base Game required (sold separately)

Stuart360

It's just the premium upgrade, chill ;)
No thats what i mean, this seems very high if its just the premium upgarde and only for Xbox. Gamepass supposedly has around 10mil sales on Xbox, which is like half the userbase of the Series consoles.
Thjis seems very high under those circumstances.

Three

Wait so this is just physical sales?, meaning no PC sales, and only Xbox sales, even with Gamepass available to them?, damn.
Yeah but my mistake. it's the upgrade, it's the physical version of the upgrade so digital isn't included but it isn't the $100 premium edition.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Starfield Premium Upgrade is compatible with Xbox Series X and S.

Upgrade from Standard Edition and receive the following bonus items:
Early access to the base game from 01/09/2023 for Xbox Game Pass customers only
Starfield Premium Upgrade is compatible with Xbox Series X and S
Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
Up to 5 days early access**
Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
Steelbook Display Case ***
Constellation Patch ***

Purchase now for 5 days early access.*

Base Game required (sold separately)
Well no shit but that would just be a small portion of preorders. which is why I asked. The only numbers they would have is preorders.

But also I imagine game pass numbers won’t be on any chart so I really don’t expect it to do much. 🤷‍♂️

That game sold 15m and still selling well.
Some games have longer life, because of sales and being at affordable price.
No one's debating how well it sold. My question is how much do you actually think it's sold this week?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Arguably one of the most interesting things to come out of Starfield's (pre) launch, but I expect this thread will drop like a stone.

If Starfield doesn't chart next week (at it's "proper" launch) then expect the topic to be front page until Christmas. 2025.

Alphagear

Arguably one of the most interesting things to come out of Starfield's (pre) launch, but I expect this thread will drop like a stone.

If Starfield doesn't chart next week (at it's "proper" launch) then expect the topic to be front page until Christmas. 2025.

It probably won’t since it launches on GamePass.

DaGwaphics

It's hard to imagine that enough people wanted a "box" this bad to make it #7. :messenger_beaming:

There isn't even a disk in there, just buy it from the console or PC, no need for a trip to the store people.

Top Bottom