• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon debuts at No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon has taken the top spot of the UK boxed charts this week.

Released on August 25, the FromSoftware title sold the most on PS5 (64% of all copies sold). Publisher Bandai Namco told GamesIndustry.biz at Gamescom that Armored Core 6 is a "big step up in the franchise" and hoped it would surpass previous Armored Core games following the increased popularity of FromSoftware titles after Elden Ring's success.
Armored Core 6's debut pushed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe down to No.2, which rocketed to the top of the charts last week due to a price promotion. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom moved back into the Top Three with a 6% increase in sales, while FIFA 23 was at No.4 following a 9% drop in sales week-on-week.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga was back in the Top Ten, rising from No.24 to No.6 with a 146% rise in sales. The game is currently part of a PS5 bundle, as is Hogwarts Legacy, which jumped from No.9 to No.5 with a 44% sales increase.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year edition entered the Top Ten this week at No.9 following a 45% spike in sales due to a deal on PC. The Complete Edition has also moved up the charts slightly from No.19 to No.17 with a 10% rise in sales because of a price reduction on PS5.
Elsewhere, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre — which debuted at No.13 last week — dropped to No.37 owing to a 43% decrease in sales week-on-week. Pikmin 4 also fell out of the Top Ten from No.8 to No.14, with sales down 14%.

The recently launched Immortals of Aveum debuted at No.21 following its August 22 release. Meanwhile, four games re-entered the UK physical charts due to price promotions, including the Mafia Trilogy at No.19 which saw a boost of 233% in sales.
Cyberpunk 2077 came back at No.31 following a 251% spike in sales mostly on PC, while Sonic Origins Plus took No.39 with a 16% sales increase. Dead Space rounded off the charts at No.40 with a 23% rise.

Here is the GfK Boxed Top Ten for this week ending August 26, 2023:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon
12Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
43The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
34FIFA 23
95Hogwarts Legacy
246Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
57Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
78Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
129The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition
210Grand Theft Auto V

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"the FromSoftware title sold the most on PS5 (64% of all copies sold)."

College Football Flex GIF by Duke Football

MrTired

Yep Microsoft has definitely sent Chris a memo about not reporting facts and figures relating to Xbox. Why else would he give the full platform breakdown?

yazenov

The combined PS5 + PS4 sales of Armored Core 6 should be about 80 to 90 % based on the trend.

It sucks that a certain company tries it's best to not disclose their sales figures. Shame.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Kinda unfair that this is not gonna get close to ER numbers even if the game is as good (and clearly better gameplay wise)

As a mecha fan...

I mean the gameplay is great, it's armored core and outside of a few revisions like assualt boost is similair to the PS3+ era titles.

But I guess it feels barebones in comparison to ER or even older darksouls. What I mean is the number of unique encounters, and the lack of missions. When I settled into "oh this is literally just armored core" I couldn't help but feel that the story should be less structured earlier on. Their is very few choice missions (which makes sense from a prior game stand point) but I was just left hungering for something more strait away, especially after you picked up the call sign "Raven"

Last Raven had like 6 endings 17 years ago, in a way I just feel like the game is lacking in terms of choice. I really think there needed to be more of a picking up odd jobs, every missions pushes the main story along somehow, it needed to be more free form in how you progress with slowly increasing rep rather than just 1 or 2 specific missions that forever lock you onto a path.

It's still hella fun, but I'm unsure if I feel it warrants similair sales to ER, its just so basic.

Last edited:

GymWolf

As a mecha fan...

I mean the gameplay is great, it's armored core and outside of a few revisions like assualt boost is similair to the PS3+ era titles.

But I guess it feels barebones in comparison to ER or even older darksouls. What I mean is the number of unique encounters, and the lack of missions. When I settled into "oh this is literally just armored core" I couldn't help but feel that the story should be less structured earlier on. Their is very few choice missions (which makes sense from a prior game stand point) but I was just left hungering for something more strait away, especially after you picked up the call sign "Raven"

Last Raven had like 6 endings 17 years ago, in a way I just feel like the game is lacking in terms of choice.

It's still hella fun, but I'm unsure if I feel it warrants similair sales to ER, its just so basic.
Yeas, it feels kinda barebones compared to er, but if we judge games for the amount of content, zelda botw should be a 5\10 and sell 30 copies...
What games doesn't feel barebones compared to ER except some others big ass open worlds.

But i feel like the pure gameplay is way superior to er, like WAY superior.

Er feels like a clunky mess compared to this silky smooth combat system in ac6.

And i'm not even a mecha fan in the slightest...

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeas, it feels kinda barebones compared to er, but if we judge games for the amount of content, zelda botw should be a 5\10 and sell 30 copies...
What games doesn't feel barebones compared to ER except some others big ass open worlds.

To be fair I am one of those people that thinks BoTW is unironically a 7/10, because Ubisoft gets shit on for doing 3 times as much as it does.

But to put it into perspective... I feel like and I never thought i would be saying this... I want a mission system similair to Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries, just you know with the better AI and combat of armored core.

This feels really close to Mechwarrior 4 Mercaneries, where its linear bar a few very specific missions that lock you into a choice and a few throw away arena matches. Ironically mechwarrior before 4 where more freeform but with 4 Microsoft decided they wanted a more linear story for 4 Vengeance, Black Knight and Mercenaries. That's what this feels like, Mechwarrior 4.

Last edited:

GymWolf

To be fair I am one of those people that thinks BoTW is unironically a 7/10, because Ubisoft gets shit on for doing 3 times as much as it does.

But to put it into perspective... I feel like and I never thought i would be saying this... I want a mission system similair to Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries, just you know with the better AI and combat of armored core.

This feels really close to Mechwarrior 4 Mercaneries, where its linear bar a few very specific missions that lock you into a choice and a few throw away arena matches. Ironically mechwarrior before 4 where more freeform but with 4 Microsoft decided they wanted a more linear story for 4 Vengeance, Black Knight and Mercenaries. That's what this feels like, Mechwarrior 4.
Same, that game is a 10 in the same way my balls can be used for a bowling match.

TLZ

Banned
yeah, but i still need my precious time to rest and in order to have energy for her.

She is like a baby "Dementor" :messenger_beaming:
Lol. It's ok. All in good time. I went through it twice. Invested enough time in them (still do) and now I have enough time for myself. These were precious years and they grow so fast I didn't want to miss out and regret later.

All in good time 🙂

Lokaum D+

Lol. It's ok. All in good time. I went through it twice. Invested enough time in them (still do) and now I have enough time for myself. These were precious years and they grow so fast I didn't want to miss out and regret later.

All in good time 🙂
Yeah, its amazinly tiring, but amazing anyway, i dont have the energy to do it again, one is enough for me XD

old danny glover GIF

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I couldn't disagree more. I don't think you'll find popular support for that opinion.
I loved ER and platinum the game but there is nothing like good combat in mecha game and AC6 combat is phenomenal in my opinion.

With Sekiro and now ACVI, consider me fan of Masaru Yamamura.....I like how he designs combat.

MrA

Banned
wish they gave how it compared to elden ring or dark souls 3 (obviously not going to be elden ring big because you'd think it'd already be plastered all over the internet), but even half of dark souls 3 would mean huge growth for the series (evidence I"ve found points to about a million copies is the series zenith right now), pretty cool seeing a previously niche series brought into mainstream popularity,
looking forward to the Japanese sales, and wonder how it will compare to the rough 200k armored core 5 opened to
mk 11 back in the charts, anyone expecting mk1 not to greatly outsell every other fighter is going to be disappointed.

Top Bottom