• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - HW Championship - 11.12.11 - 6pm P/9pm E

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cerrius said:
KarynBryant Karyn Bryant
Just talked w Big Nog. He told me JDS tore his meniscus +was on crutches 11 days ago. He told Dana in the octagon after the fight #ufconfox
Yeah I just saw a brazilian personality say the same thing:

"@rafinhabastos
Falei c/ o Minotauro + o médico da equipe. Cigano sentiu o menisco 1 min antes de entrar no ringue."

I don't know portuguese but I get it in this instance since I do know spanish and in this case the words look pretty much identical.

"Talked with Minotauro and medical team. Cigano felt his meniscus 1 minuted before enterning ring"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Bishman said:
qyxnoo.gif

Anyone who contests this stoppage is an idiot. Cain even looked like he tapped out at the end.

industrian said:
Anyone who contests this stoppage is an idiot. Cain even looked like he tapped out at the end.
He didn't tap, he was asleep. That last punch ended it. It was a great stoppage. Eating shots to the back of the head when you are defenseless is a good way to ensure you will be talking like James Toney when you are 40.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Maklershed said:
For the people saying this was terrible for Fox - this was just a teaser to give people a taste of what to expect. Obviously a one fight card is very unusual and won't be the norm going forward. The promo/discussion to fight ratio was way lopsided but in the future they're gonna do full cards. Plus I think a quick ko is more exciting to people than 5 5 minute rounds of lnp or grinding on a cage.
UFC on Fox in 2012 are going to be 90 mins, so don't expect a full card. Probably will be 2-3 fights tops with all the analysis, walk-ins, bios, etc. Get used to this.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Beardz said:
oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! you hear it guys, don't bitch if you don't buy tickets
He thinks we're all poly and we got that paper to fly out for everything.

poly if you see this, your ban was bs!

I'm gonna laugh if Fox gets more involved with the UFC and Dana gets Steve Jobs'ed out of job in favor of someone who's little more diplomatic and fitting of network sports.

industrian

Ninja Scooter said:
He didn't tap, he was asleep. That last punch ended it. It was a great stoppage. Eating shots to the back of the head when you are defenseless is a good way to ensure you will be talking like James Toney when you are 40.

"Looked like", the position of the hand and all. I agree with you. The ref had it perfectly.

Bishman said:
I'm excited for more UFC fights on Fox. The presentation was great.

Now this I agree with.

The Fox presentation brings legitimacy to the sport.

Did anyone notice how annoyed Dana White seemed whenever Brock spoke?

Do they hate each other irl?

ryutaro's mama said:
Now this I agree with.

The Fox presentation brings legitimacy to the sport.

Did anyone notice how annoyed Dana White seemed whenever Brock spoke?

Do they hate each other irl?
Dana was expecting angry wrestler Brock to bust out a wwe style promo, instead he got "Guest hosting The View" Brock.

industrian

CaptYamato said:

For reference: 60 million is the entire UK population.

Like I said earlier, 3 out of 7 champions are Brazilian. Dana should book that soccer stadium sometime soon.

industrian said:
For reference: 60 million is the entire UK population.

Like I said earlier, 3 out of 7 champions are Brazilian. Dana should book that soccer stadium sometime soon.
He already said he wished he had done Rio at a soccer stadium. Silva/Sonnen 2 in Brazil needs to happen though.

dream

Did you see my man Bruce Leeroy at the presser with a rolled up poster in his backpack (presumably signed by all the fighters he met over the weekend)? I love this kid. Why do you meanies hate him so much?

dream said:
Did you see my man Bruce Leeroy at the presser with a rolled up poster in his backpack (presumably signed by all the fighters he met over the weekend)? I love this kid. Why do you meanies hate him so much?

I like him too. He just likes to fight.

bone_and_sinew said:
I can tell you who's the biggest choker of the two.
can you tell us?

CommonSense said:
my friend is on the a/v team for this event and just texted a bunch of us that "Dana has been vocally murdering the ref for ending the fight to soon"

Classy, what a asshole Dana White is.
too soon!?

i thought that perfect for a title fight and a punch or two too much for a non-title fight!

Bishman said:
looks like he's tapping out there. wonder what Dana has to say about that...

Slizz

CaptYamato said:
I like him too. He just likes to fight.

Spend 10 minutes with the guy and you won't like him. I remember 2 years ago hanging out with him in my mutual friends apartment and him just talking out of his ass(like he does now) just consuming stamps of acid.... like 4-5 in front of you, who knows how many before/after.... Guy is delirious about life.

EDIT: and that was every occasion I saw him he was doing the same thing, acid over and over for about 6-8 months I was around him.

He was that friend that no one like but no one wanted to tell him whats what.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Just got back from this live. The Guida fight was entertaining as hell, as was the two skinny dudes earlier, but the title fight was hilarious. So much hype...15 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom