• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 5 First look and gameplay trailer

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Damn even in the game Tony gets beaten the shit out of him. And this game is unrealistic since Conor is not even using his real power after that Dustin kick
conor-mcgregor.gif

//DEVIL//

Not gonna buy it. but .. its not really bad looking game either. maybe if it hit the game one pass day i will give it a try

Edit: wait it's not coming to PC ? lol jeez

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
isnt EA play part of xbox game pass ultimate ?

the xbox version is on game pass

No EA UFC game has been on PC.

Kikorin

It looks good (not stunning imho), but they still didn't managed to make the punch, kicks and weather as impactful as were in UFC Undisputed by THQ. Everything, from footwork to takedowns to striking looks stiff and floaty as has always been since the series has been made by EA.

Ground game seems improved but the graphic are whatever.
For me it's the stiff animations hindering the graphics, much like MK.

A friend of mine has the last UFC game and it can actually be pretty fun though when taking a minute to learn the mechanics. It's no Virtua Fighter but it can be surprisingly complex.

GymWolf

For me it's the stiff animations hindering the graphics, much like MK.

A friend of mine has the last UFC game and it can actually be pretty fun though when taking a minute to learn the mechanics. It's no Virtua Fighter but it can be surprisingly complex.
Yeah for fans of the ufc there is really nothing else on the market so we squeeze fun even from rocks.

Last edited:

Lupin25

I still remember Fight Night Round 2 on the PS2.

Genius movement and slip, dodge, block, parry mechanics with just the press of triggers & analog sticks.
Getting the perfect haymaker or getting hit with one was just addicting. Plugging grotesque cuts with q-tips & swelling bruises…The awesome Legacy mode.

UFC is cool, but those were some of the good old days for EA Sports.

GymWolf

I still remember Fight Night Round 2 on the PS2.

Genius movement and slip, dodge, block, parry mechanics with just the press of triggers & analog sticks.
Getting the perfect haymaker or getting hit with one was just addicting. Plugging grotesque cuts with q-tips & swelling bruises…The awesome Legacy mode.

UFC is cool, but those were some of the good old days for EA Sports.
I had the most fun with the ps3 games, the first trailer was all kind of bullshit :lollipop_squinting:

The skin deformation details was crazy coming from this

kk2002_31-266167.jpg

Last edited:

Lupin25

I had the most fun with the ps3 games, the first trailer was all kind of bullshit :lollipop_squinting:

The skin deformation details was crazy coming from this

kk2002_31-266167.jpg

Fight Night Round 3 or Champion?

Both great games, I was disappointed by FNR3‘s roster with no Tyson, but it felt the best gameplay-wise. Then Champion came with Tyson and the bare-knuckle boxing. They were great and UFC just doesn’t give the same natural feel unfortunately.

The trailer looks like something Undisputed is trying to replicate now 😂 looks good though, we’ll see how that game turns out.

GymWolf

Both great games, I was disappointed by FNR3‘s roster with no Tyson, but it felt the best gameplay-wise. Then Champion came with Tyson and the bare-knuckle boxing. They were great and UFC just doesn’t give the same natural feel unfortunately.

The trailer looks like something Undisputed is trying to replicate now 😂 looks good though, we’ll see how that game turns out.
Mostly fn3 on xbox360, i loved that game.

SkylineRKR

FNR3 was jaw dropping on 360, but I'd say FNR4 is the best boxing game I have played. Note that I never played Champion.

Too bad they apparently see not much value in Boxing games anymore. I'd likely prefer a new Fight Night over a UFC game.

SteadyEvo

UFC games peaked with 2.
Agreed. The stand up still looks like a spam fest. It comes down to who knows, memorizes the best combos.

UFC 2 was the great. Solid in all areas. Stand up, ground and clinch. With each entry it gets more and more unrealistic. I’ll enjoy the trial and won’t touch it again till it’s added to the subscription.

By no means do I think it looks bad. I'm really surprised though, that it doesn't look better. Considering where the power can be focused. They have no plans for PC releases of this series huh? I was for sure it was coming. No reason this wouldn't have life and legs on the platform. I played a decent amount with my buddy of UFC 3 I think on Xbone. Good enough time, but the game never really clicked for us the way we wanted it to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom