• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Lego Gameplay Trailer

Mowcno

Looks cool, I don't really play Fortnite but will probably check this and rocket racing out this weekend.

Kikorin

How LEGO never developed this before by themselves? Minecraft + LEGO seems too obviously to not beeing happened yet. It looks awesome tought, is it a "real" game that will be updated or some sort of secondary mode that will be abandoned next month?

Ar¢tos

You need Fortnite installed. From the Fortnite menu you can select to play Lego Fortnite instead of any of the other game modes. It is free to play.
So Fortnite is f2p and the Lego thing is also free?
What's the catch?

StueyDuck

It's epic and it's fortnite so I just gotta keep asking myself, what's the catch...

They weren't just handed the Lego license for funsies. How are they recouping their costs which in epic brains means how do we get kids to buy drDizzle$triggyZapzap skins and relative dances

Mowcno

So Fortnite is f2p and the Lego thing is also free?
What's the catch?
It'll be monetised in the same way as regular Fortnite. A lot of the existing Fortnite skins that can be purchased can be used in Lego Fortnite. They will sell you cosmetics through the microtransaction store and put Lego content on the Fortnite Battle Pass as well.

They remade 1,200 Fortnite skins as lego minifigures, so they have a lot of cosmetics to sell. https://insider-gaming.com/fortnite-lego-1200-skins/

Last edited:

Larxia

This looks cool, almost tempted to tried it, but I don't know... I always had some kind of disgust toward Fortnite... Not toward the "game" itself I would say, but what it represents, the changes in gaming, how young generations only care about micro transactions and service games, it represents an evolution that I don't like.

It however every now and then adds features that I find really cool, and this here is another interesting one.

I think it looks like a cool game in the end, I'm just a bit sad that it eats so much of the market, that younger generations seem to only be interested in this alone and not other things.
Maybe I will try it and see what it really offers these days, apparently it's a lot more than just the Battle royale I tried 6 or 7 years ago, but I still wish it wasn't as huge, because we are at scales of popularity that don't even make sense and break everything.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This looks cool, almost tempted to tried it, but I don't know... I always had some kind of disgust toward Fortnite... Not toward the "game" itself I would say, but what it represents, the changes in gaming, how young generations only care about micro transactions and service games, it represents an evolution that I don't like.

It however every now and then adds features that I find really cool, and this here is another interesting one.

I think it looks like a cool game in the end, I'm just a bit sad that it eats so much of the market, that younger generations seem to only be interested in this alone and not other things.
Maybe I will try it and see what it really offers these days, apparently it's a lot more than just the Battle royale I tried 6 or 7 years ago, but I still wish it wasn't as huge, because we are at scales of popularity that don't even make sense and break everything.
Fortnite is the only game where everything is free, you have to pay nothing to enjoy the same game as everyone, you only buys skins if you want

Kilau

Played for a bit this morning. I've never touched Fortnite and was pretty disgusted they assign you a character and you can't change it at all until you buy a skin... anyway. The game, it's got building and it's got crafting, but it doesn't have mining. As far as I can tell you can't terraform at all, the shovel just digs up bits of soil. This isn't a Minecraft replacement, I'm done already.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Playing this with my 6 year old son asap.

I hope he likes it because it looks amazing to me.

LordBritish

Lego worlds flops, so they throw a cool billy at Epic... and it looks fun. Ill try it out...
Where can I get the awesome mix of that journey song though?

Mossybrew

Yeah this looks pretty fun, me and some family and friends are going to start a lego world and see how it goes.

MirageMew2

It’s pretty fun. BotW-esque weather survival dynamics and crafting.
Game (mode?) is going to be massive. The prefabs are even from official kits. I saw some Ninjago houses.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Can someone play Fornite Festival? This Rockband clone. After a week it still don't load for me.

Top Bottom