• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new Fortnite games launching next week (LEGO Fortnite, Rocket Racing, Fortnite Festival by Harmonix)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Following the Big Bang event and Chapter 5, Season 1; three new Fortnite games launch next week.

LEGO Fortnite on December 7th:

Rocket Racing on December 8th (trailer at TGAs):

Harmonix's Fortnite Festival on December 9th:

LEGO Fortnite is Minecraft but with LEGO. Rocket Racing is the Rocket League cars in a racing game. Festival is a music game.

AGRacing

I just did the event on PC w/my 7900 XTX and all the Lumen / Nanite turned up. My 11 year old and I checked it out together. It really felt like a cool moment.

It really is an astonishing game. Graphics, scale, everything. All the credit in the world to these guys.

Bridges

Another Harmonix product sent out to die. I can't imagine it will get anywhere close to the attention that a lego-branded Minecraft clone will.

Bridges

You're joking, right? The Fortnite concerts have been HUGE. Millions of people log in for them.
Yeah I take it back, I just found this video that shows the in-game event and some gameplay of each of the modes and I'm sure it will have lots of appeal:

Fortnite dancing in front of a Galactus-sized rapping Eminem is not what I would've asked for but I'm sure this will be huge.

The gameplay looks like a watered-down Rock Band, I would love for it to take off so much that they make another real Rock Band proper but my fear is that any success will just lead to more resources taken away from RB and put into Fortnite.

Weekly DLC releases on Rock Band have been reduced to no-name artists and rereleases of songs from the first few games. It'd be nice if they could at least work into these agreements to sell the songs on Rock Band. An Eminem pack would be better than almost anything they've gotten in the last year.

I don't think Rocket Racing will gain that much traction.

Lego does not seem exciting either.

But we do miss a good music game on the market.

manfestival

What was also kinda weird but popular was that they were streaming dragon ball in Fortnite and every lobby was full

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Except it is not Minecraft. It is closer to Ark than Minecraft. The core feature of Minecraft is not just building items, but the very fact that everything is made of blocks that you can use.

Is it though? Do we know what the mode will play like or is everyone just guessing?

cormack12

Gold Member
1 week? Not a fortnight?

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ManaByte

Gold Member
Except it is not Minecraft. It is closer to Ark than Minecraft. The core feature of Minecraft is not just building items, but the very fact that everything is made of blocks that you can use.
No, it's Minecraft. You can even create worlds like in Minecraft.

I wonder how the licensing applies to these, like Epic paid $$$ and signed contracts to have all these characters in Fortnite the FPS, often for sale for a limited time. But now you can use them in what are essentially "new" games built within the Fortnight client, and I doubt epic paid any additional licensing fees. Seems like a bit of a trojan horse to keep all these characters ad infinitum. 🤔

Pallas

Gold Member
You're joking, right? The Fortnite concerts have been HUGE. Millions of people log in for them.
I know the Big Bang event in particular had over 5 million players last night when I participated with some friends and family in a squad.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wonder how the licensing applies to these, like Epic paid $$$ and signed contracts to have all these characters in Fortnite the FPS, often for sale for a limited time. But now you can use them in what are essentially "new" games built within the Fortnight client, and I doubt epic paid any additional licensing fees. Seems like a bit of a trojan horse to keep all these characters ad infinitum. 🤔
They've said for a while Fortnite is a platform now. It's actually pretty smart business move, because all these new experiences allow the following:

- Lego mode (and general support for age regulation per experience) they can now specially target younger kids

- in addition to skins, emotes etc the new modes can now allow people to also buy cars, car skins, decals and also licensed full music tracks

- UEFN will continue to get better and eventually might have some legitimate experiences that rival standalone games

They're basically trying to eat the lunch of Roblox and Minecraft now and even nods to them going after things like CoD and Apex with some of the features added to BR, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do a more serious military based FPS mode eventually, or one springs up via UEFN.

What is games launching in Fortnite? I went to download Rocket Racing last night cause I like Rocket League . . . and it installs fortnite?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I was scrolling past this like whatever moar fortnite playing like any other, who cares, then I noticed, holy shit what a kid. Someone get him a Sony/Xbox adaptive controller with Brook or whatever adapter for use with Switch.

Last edited:

splattered

Fortnite services down for anyone else right now? My daughter and i got logged out around same time and now we can't log back in... not seeing an update or anything to download. Have tried rebooting and restarting console etc.

Top Bottom