• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft reportedly making a Blade game with MCU Blade director Bassam Tariq

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm down.

Blade on the PS1 and Blade 2 on the PS2 were actually pretty good. I'd certainly be up for another Blade game.

Give it fast, brutal combat and also throw in the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor/War and you'll have a sure fire winner.

kiphalfton

Has there ever been any good Marvel games outside Insomniacs Spider-Man?

People say GotG, but I didn't think that was that good (level design was really bad and only being able to play as Starlord makes no sense).

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Could be good. Really, it could be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Blade is a good character, running around killing vampires with a sword and riding a motorcycle has the potential for a good game.

Doom85

comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Marvel vs. Capcom series (minus Infinite), X-men Legends 1 and 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and some of the older Spidey games.

Seriously, your question would only be tough to answer if video games were never made prior to 2018. Yes, there have been some stinkers when it comes to Marvel games, but they’ve had plenty that ranged from good to great.

Rockman33

People say GotG, but I didn't think that was that good (level design was really bad and only being able to play as Starlord makes no sense).
I like wolverine and the hulk games. Also enjoyed old school sera X-men games.

Fatmanp

What developer do they have that could realistically make it? The closest style of game they have is Assassin's Creed and it's all hands on deck for the next one.

Marvel licensing fees must be low.

I have been told that it's around the same royalty fee as Star Wars game (i.e. ~20% of the revenue with a minimum guarantee).

comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Marvel vs. Capcom series (minus Infinite), X-men Legends 1 and 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and some of the older Spidey games.

Seriously, your question would only be tough to answer if video games were never made prior to 2018. Yes, there have been some stinkers when it comes to Marvel games, but they’ve had plenty that ranged from good to great.

Wolverine Origins was actually pretty good, and way better than the movie too. Too bad no one played it because the movie sucked. It actually makes me a bit hyped for the new game because I know IG has looked and studied that game in-depth and will improve on it like they did Spider-Man.

On Topic: I think this rumor is bullshit. Bassam Tariq is about to direct the MCU Blade movie. He won't have the bandwidth to direct a videogame to production until after November of next year.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Use your vampire vision to spot special hidden vampire signatures through the world. We’ve marked the first ten on your map!

For every twenty signatures you spot, you’ll receive a skill point that you can spend on upgrading your vampire powers.

You just found some crafting supplies! Search dumpsters and alleys for crafting supplies you can use to upgrade your gear!

Seriously I’d love to see Blade, but I can see how Ubi Blade will go.

Last edited:

Larxia

There were good Spider-Man games before Insomniac's.

Spider-Man 1 was decent, Spider-man 2 and more importantly Ultimate were really great. Sure they aged (although Ultimate still holds up quite well thanks to its style), but they were good and fun games for their time.

I'm currently playing the Insomniac's game on PC, and while I really like it, I also liked the previous games, it's just an evolution of that, with an higher budget. It feels very similar to some of the older games, but with a more cinematic and polished aspect. It's a great game, but I'm pretty sure it got a lot of hype / buzz because it was a Playstation Exclusive, and would have been more silent if it was a multiplatform game.

Other than Spider-Man, I'm not sure. I think people really liked the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games but they're really not my type. Haven't played Guardians Of The Galaxy yet.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

How I felt yesterday when I heard the rumor Ubishit was making a Blade game
triple-h-angry.gif

How I felt today when they came out and said they are not making a Blade game
Yv2O.gif

Blade deserves better.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm down.

Blade on the PS1 and Blade 2 on the PS2 were actually pretty good. I'd certainly be up for another Blade game.

Give it fast, brutal combat and also throw in the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor/War and you'll have a sure fire winner.

Agreed.

Add in a huge open world, day and night cycle to fight the vampires and it sounds like it can be a hit.

Top Bottom