• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft has announced that 34 million people have played Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Give us Assassins Creed: Unity 2: Unitier

maxresdefault.jpg

Kurotri

Hopefully they nail the remake, but considering Ubi Singapore is working on it I'm not too optimistic.

Lunarorbit

I took a elective in grad school that dealt with video games and ac black flag and skyrim were two of the games we played and discussed.

My professor was a huge kingdom hearts nerd. Helped that she was only a year or two older than me

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
My best AC hands down.
Because it mostly doesn't feel like AC. Because of the characters you meet along the way.
Because of the boarding.
I swear I spent so much time just drinkin' beer and boarding ships like a madman 😄

Mark Bonnar was stellar as Blackbeard and so was Ralph Ineson as Charles Vane.
Just a great cast all around.

I also enjoyed that you just wasted an incompetent buffoon assassin and took his uniform at the beginning instead of the usual "Dead parents" revenge plot.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Deceptive reporting to inflate success.

That's a big number, Ubes.

How many people DIDN'T play it, though? I bet at least 5.

It's such a fun and addictive pirate game! Not much of an AC game though, that part of the story was rather lame and I don't really think the two themes were a good match but whatever.

Merkades

I bought this day one for my PS4 and have yet to play it... I also have this on PC for a few years (was free at some point) and still have not played it. Some day, I guess. Along with Persona 5 (also day one steel case edition).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
"Thirty four million"

- - Dr.Evil

This bullshit measuring including any form to play he game like game passes etc.

Just like Starfield being played by 11m. It means a big nothing burger.

Last edited:
I had no idea it was out for the old consoles in October. Man, dumbass execs really thought consoles will be replaced by phones back then...
Rogue was also made because they were stupid, but the ice action was awesome.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started getting burned out by the AC formula during AC3. I bought AC4. I couldn’t get into it. There were so many other PS4 games that I got into. You had the Remasters of 2013 and 2014. 2015 was the best year for games. IV and Syndicate flew over my head. Once they phased Desmond out, I lost interest. It became a simulation inside Ubisoft. The modern day stuff really started to drag. IV sounded cool.

StueyDuck

Well it's still (sadly) the only real AAA pirate open seas adventure there is.

And yes campaign open world. Sea of theives is a different beast altogether, and is doing well because again its the only AAA multiplayer pirate game

Drizzlehell

Banned
Kind of random to announce this now, considering the game is almost 10 years old. Are they trying to drum up interest for a remake or something?

Anyway, great game, possibly my all time favorite AC. It's so much fun that even the mid story doesn't spoil it too much.

Mephisto40

Kind of random to announce this now, considering the game is almost 10 years old. Are they trying to drum up interest for a remake or something?

Anyway, great game, possibly my all time favorite AC. It's so much fun that even the mid story doesn't spoil it too much.
It's more likely they are trying to drum up interest for their failing pirate game currently in development hell

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
This was the first game I played on my PS4 when I got it and I was blown away by it. Definitely one of the best entries in the series and one of the few that felt "fresh" upon release.

Top Bottom