• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubisoft Forward] Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy remake teased by Ubisoft

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yes it's an useless tread, but I'm really excited for this

This pic is from Ubisoft's Instagram account:

IMG_20200909_121048.png

You can see the logo of Prince of Persia in the top left corner (Moon puzzle?):

image-11.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

The image in the bottom middle also seems Prince of Persia related (not Forgotten Sand as I thought at the beginning). It look like the health upgrade place from Sands of Time:

care-for-a-drink.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cool, would play. Hell of a game.

The Shepard

Looks like a remake of the first game on ps2 which was the best in the series imo so definitely interested.

I'm actually interested in that, let's just hope the "edgelord" aesthetics from the sequels gets toned down a bit. I mean look at this shit - we went from a nice clean design to this bullshit:

iu

Probably go for "wokelord" instead this time and take the knee to show he cares.

llien

Ironic, how Ubi Forward means doing remakes, chuckle.
Which platform, anyway?

I'm tired forgetting which one of the pack I haven't played and buying new set just to figure it out and play it on better graphics, perhaps.

I'm actually interested in that, let's just hope the "edgelord" aesthetics from the sequels gets toned down a bit. I mean look at this shit - we went from a nice clean design to this bullshit:

iu
I actually like this take more. The older versions look like cheapo oldies to me.
Opinion for opinion.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Ironic, how Ubi Forward means doing remakes, chuckle.
Which platform, anyway?

I'm tired forgetting which one of the pack I haven't played and buying new set just to figure it out and play it on better graphics, perhaps.

I actually like this take more. The older versions look like cheapo oldies to me.
Opinion for opinion.

Maybe you guys are relatively young? You see, these games came out when the whole emo trend was taking off, so it probably irritates people of my age group a little more than others.

llien

Maybe you guys are relatively young?
No, I've played the very Prince of Persia back in early 90s.
The first Ubi prince I've played wasn't the first in series though, it was WW and I liked it more than SoT which I've played later. TT was a mixed bag.

iu
Not sure about you but I think that looks sick, each to their own.

Never played the PoP games besides the 2008 title but loved that one.
They just didn't interest me.
Might jump into this remake though.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If the gameplay is good, everyone who likes this series do me a favor please. Buy the game. That's better than complaining about the faces in screenshots and then wondering why we wont see the series for another 10 years.

what have they done to my beloved PS2 game. Apparently this game is being handled in Ubisoft India and that's probably why it looks so damn bad. A buddy of mine was to be interviewed to work on the remake, but he chose to not accept the project after hearing about how bad the game will look :( Early builds of the game had mediocre graphics.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

So it's not a remake of the first 3 games? (1, 2, 3D)
Interest down to ZERO.
I was happy when the rumors didn't mention "sands of time" :(

Last edited:

ShadowNate

Sands of time was fun to play except for maybe one or two locations where the platforming and puzzles were annoying. Still I have fond memories of it.

Fbh

The Classic Ps2 game now remade as an early Ps3 game!!!!.
Visuals aside it's nice to see the game return, loved it on Ps2 and I've wanted more games like it for a long time (third person adventure games with higher focus on platforming and puzzles than combat).

The visuals are disappointing but if the gameplay is good and the price is fair I'm in.

plushyp

what have they done to my beloved PS2 game. Apparently this game is being handled in Ubisoft India and that's probably why it looks so damn bad. A buddy of mine was to be interviewed to work on the remake, but he chose to not accept the project after hearing about who bad the game will look :( Early builds of the game had mediocre graphics.
Lol current Ubisoft has been mediocre all around regardless of the project's country of origin.

jaysius

Banned
Put them all out on a disc, leave out a key game in the franchise, barely do anything at all with it... this strat worked for Nintendo.

Fbh

Put them all out on a disc, leave out a key game in the franchise, barely do anything at all with it... this strat worked for Nintendo.

Works for Nintendo because they have a massive, loyal and extremely enthusiastic fanbase that will buy almost literally anything they put out, even more so if it's "classic game".

Ubisoft...not as much.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned

iu

The third game really toned it down and this picture is more about the dual roles you're playing. Plus by that point the kingdom was in full blown war so it makes sense. The second game though can really cut the edge down before it gets cut.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Here's another Ubisoft leak for the bulging ledger: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

The existence of a Prince of Persia remake had already leaked, but now, courtesy of the Russian Uplay, we now know the remake is of much-loved 2003 platformer The Sands of Time.

The leak, spotted by eagle-eyed ResetEra user AndrewDTF, doesn't do the game any favours in the looks department (the memes have already begun!), but this isn't exactly how Ubisoft hoped the world would get its first look at the Prince in his fancy clothes.

N6hligD.jpg

oZhBD3y.jpg

Expect a full - and official - reveal tonight during the Ubisoft Forward event.

I hope it looks better then those images suggest...😐

Matsuchezz

It looks dissapointing, I really want devs to go full remake or do not bother. I am not interested in up-res and higher frame rate. Enjoy those who settle with the bare minimum.

zweifuss

Honestly I'd be happy if they just took the Forgotten Sands engine and used that to build a new POP Trilogy. These leaked shoots do not instill any confidence

Top Bottom