• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces Anno History Collection, 4k remasters of four Anno games

The remaster collection includes

- 1602 A.D. and its expansion New Islands, New Adventure
- 1503 A.D.: The New World and its expansion Treasures, Monsters & Pirates
- 1701 A.D. and its expansion The Sunken Dragon
- Dawn of Discovery® and its expansion Venice
- Bonus Content: Anno® 1503 History Edition soundtrack and wallpaper plus company logos and an ornament for Anno 1800™

Ubisoft has today announced the Anno History Collection, a remaster compilation that features 1602 A.D, 1503 A.D, 1701 A.D, and Dawn of Discovery with all DLC content and fully updated with a variety of graphical and gameplay improvements. It’s set to launch next month, June 25, for $39.99.

For those who would prefer to play only a select few of the games, each can be purchased for $9.99, too.

Gameplay improvements over the original releases include enhanced multiplayer functionality such as Quickmatch and Desyn-Recovery.

Announce trailer

descriptions from the YT vid

ABOUT THE GAME: Play the beloved city-building classics and their expansions, which are fully updated for modern operating systems. Thanks to resolutions of up to 4K, the Anno® History Collection makes cities look better than ever.

 Anno® 1602 History Edition Relive the beginnings of the Anno series with the updated and optimized Anno 1602 History Edition. The New Islands, New Adventure expansion features additional challenging campaigns and more.

 Anno® 1503 History Edition Dive into classic gameplay and long-lost multiplayer mode with Anno 1503 History Edition. The Treasures, Monsters & Pirates expansion features 12 exciting additional single-player scenarios in varying degrees of difficulty, three additional continuous play games, and extra content.

 Anno® 1701 History Edition Rediscover the classic gameplay of the first 3D Anno game with Anno 1701 History Edition. The Sunken Dragon expansion has an additional thrilling 11-mission campaign, a world editor, four additional characters and more content to extend your experience.

 Anno® 1404 History Edition Relive the captivating gameplay of a true city-building classic with Anno 1404 History Edition. The Venice expansion features up to 60 additional items and 300 additional quests, while also introducing additional features such as trading race and ship boarding.

Have you played the original games and still have a save of the game? With full save compatibility, enjoy all improvements like borderless window mode and improved scrolling while continuing your existing games!

Enjoy the updated and expanded multiplayer functionality, including, for the first time ever, Anno 1503 History Edition. This edition also offers bonus content including soundtracks, wallpapers, company logos and an ornament for Anno 1800™.

martino

remaster-remaster-everywhere.jpg

Kadve

Nice, big fan of the sunflower games. Is it true btw that 1800 wen't back to their style of gameplay? Might wana try it out in that case.

Kenpachii

I assume people that have the originals will get this automatically for free?

Who am i kidding its ubisoft after all.

Rikkori

lol this is a joke right? "resolutions up to 4K"

sounds like a fancy way of BSing about simply repackaging a game to resell at a higher price. guess they've must've seen the Mafia II & III package and thought to themselves 'fuck it, these dumb fucks will buy anything'.

well, they're not wrong. :messenger_beaming:

diffusionx

Gold Member
lol this is a joke right? "resolutions up to 4K"

sounds like a fancy way of BSing about simply repackaging a game to resell at a higher price. guess they've must've seen the Mafia II & III package and thought to themselves 'fuck it, these dumb fucks will buy anything'.

well, they're not wrong. :messenger_beaming:

I think we will see a ton of this shit over the next 6-12 months as regular game development is impacted.

Allandor

Have rebought all those games on gog. They just work.
No need for 4k in Anno 1604. At 4k almost the whole map would be at the screen at once ^^.

I would really appreciate a real remake of the first games but not like this.

Xane

Gameplay improvements over the original releases include enhanced multiplayer functionality such as Quickmatch and Desyn-Recovery.
Oh shoot, I might actually try this with my mate! I loved the MP in 1701 and 1404.

Anno 1404 is 15€ and DX9 only :messenger_hushed: Not even a discount for previous owners. The interface is redrawn to support high resolutions, it supports borderless window and more than one screen, the exe is now 64-bit and a preorder silver ship is now available to all players (but you could hack it before anyway).
This is bullshit.

Bogey

Banned
Looks quite impressive. I mean, for something that was probably whipped up by an intern during lunch break.

Top Bottom