• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two People. One Room. 100 Days. $500,000.

clem84

Gold Member
Well I watched it. It was a fun watch. It's insane the amount of money the guy is willing to spend for a 27 min. video.
The amount of money they were willing to let go of for comfort is insane. The only thing I would have agreed with was turning off the lights.

badblue

I'm waiting for a spin off channel from the woman who gets a yeast infection.

She will be called Mrs Yeast.
Would subscribe to her baking and homebrewing channel.

200.gif

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Yeah, didn't realize the thumbnail was going to be so off-putting. The video isn't like that at all.

I think this is my first Mr. Beast video I've watched the whole way through, and the production value is crazy for a 23-minute YouTube video.

Bailey is a genius for jerry-rigging a TV antennae out of a stripped wire so they could get over-the-air channels. Dude avoided a few extra years of therapy that would've resulted from the extreme boredom if he hadn't done that lol

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
No rings on either of them. Surely their partners would give 'em Hall Passes to do what must be done to come home with $250K?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm gonna guess the moment they started banging was when she switched to showing her belly. Having spent a few months with a limited set of people and little outside interaction, that girl goes to a straight "hot fire 10!!!" at around day 15.

It was a fun video but I question the authenticity. You'd think they would be making stuff from the cans or coming up with much better ways to block light at "night".

Plus they must know this video is gonna be high views, so any end stage fuckery will haunt them far more than an extra 100k. Losing that first treasure box would hurt soooo bad though.

This is my first Mr Beast video and I can't believe how much went into one video. This could easily be several episodes.
I've mostly ducked him because I don't like his face. But yeah I guess he's not like the top YouTuber for no reason. I gave up just now and hit 'sub', what's it gonna hurt, if something comes across the list that looks interesting I'll watch.

As for this actual video... I don't like how they spoiled the mystery box, kinda hurts the ability to play along from home. But I would have taken the day 10 offering, early on, and really not that obscenely priced all that considered... and I'd have taken the mystery box. Maybe I'm the dumb one not having watched that much Mr Beast but isn't much of the schtick that he just gives shit away? You got to take the mystery box. It's a good gamble. Like the average ROI is going to be more than the $50k... seems pretty obvious.

I'd have definitely gotten the Harry Potter books. The audiobooks pretty much cured my insomnia. Could probably flip 'em for at least a grand ya know cause they're the Harry Potter collection but from a Mr Beast video? Maybe? That's how I'd justify the financial aspect but I'd do it either way.

The light switch was probably also a good investment. I probably wouldn't have done it and then regretted it till the end. But hard to say without being 20 full days or whatever in the insane asylum like they were. Maybe it's just an obvious quality of life purchase that point.

Then again the crew is listening in and they kind of fuck with you on the fly, so maybe I'm being too harsh.

If I was in there I'd consider walking out at 1 second left and announcing, "Ladies and gentlemen, the KLF has now left the building"

bitbydeath

He seems to have a lot of his same friends in his videos which seems a bit suss when it comes to the prizes. Entertaining nonetheless though.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah, didn't realize the thumbnail was going to be so off-putting. The video isn't like that at all.

EVERYONE should know at this point that thumbnails shouldn't be taken a face value. Their soul purpuse are to act like eye catchers sans the Youtubers that don't care for clicks. FFS.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Damn, still trying to make reality TV a thing. Skimmed over it and no thanks, can't watch this. What a bunch of annoying arses.

Top Bottom