• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two former Penn State officials plead guilty to misdemeanor child endangerment charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/03/tim_curley_files_plea_in_sandu.html

Former Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley and former senior vice president Gary Schultz pleaded guilty Monday to endangering the welfare of children in the alleged Jerry Sandusky cover-up case.

Curley and Schultz entered their pleas in morning proceedings before Senior Judge John Boccabella. The agreement sets up the possibility that they will testify for the prosecution at next week's scheduled trial of the only remaining defendant in the case, former Penn State president Graham Spanier.

They each pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count that carries a maximum possible penalty of a $10,000 fine and five years in prison. The judge said there was no agreement on the sentence they will received.

"There is no provision of the agreement that would limit my ability to impose sentence as I see fit," Boccabella said.

The guilty pleas specifically related to a report by former assistant coach Mike McQueary that he saw Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a shower at Penn State in February 2001. He reported what he saw to Coach Joe Paterno, who in turn reported it to his supervisor, Curley.

Prosecutors said that none of the Penn State administrators who were told of the allegation reported it to law enforcement, childcare and youth services or made any effort to locate or identify the child.

Curley entered his plea first, followed by Schultz. Both mean answered questions posed by the prosecutor and the judge, but did not otherwise speak.

The move comes just a week before all three men -- Spanier, Schultz and Curley -- were scheduled to stand trial on accusations they were criminally negligent in handling child-sex accusations against Sandusky in 2001. Prosecutors claim their actions, or lack of same, exposed several more boys to molestation by Sandusky.

They should be punished a lot hasher, especially Tim Curry. He was the person who covered Sandusky with help from the head of the university police. That was much worse than Paterno imo.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like already stated, I can't believe they didn't nuke the football team from orbit. The coverup was 100% motivated by the money the football program brings in and the cult of personality behind it. Given how their fanbase has reacted, I'm not confident that another Jerry Sandusky wouldn't get away with the exact same stuff.

This was also why I laughed when people wondered if Baylor was going to get the death penalty. There functionally is no more death penalty in the NCAA if Penn State didn't meet the requirements.

WedgeX

Banned
Misdemeanor?

For fuck's sake.

There is no reason for Penn State's athletic programs to still exist and for any of these guys to not be felons and in jail.

Misdemeanor?

For fuck's sake.

There is no reason for Penn State's athletic programs to still exist and for any of these guys to not be felons and in jail.
This.

I live in NJ and I see a ton of people rocking Penn St. bumper stickers and clothing (including multiple neighbors) and I can't imagine how these people aren't embarrassed that they funded and supported an organization like that. It truly disgusts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom