• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch goes crazy, removes label 'Blind Playthrough' following SJW pressure

DonJorginho

Banned
What's next? The banning of mentioning words like "burn", "disabled", "thick", "fat", "ugly" because some sad little cunt somewhere will start crying because they're nothing but a miserable lowlife who can't accept who they are so any mild thing that reminds them of what they are makes them burst into tears?

Society is truly fucked if we keep pandering to such mentally disturbed individuals.

DonJorginho

Banned
I don't think you're allowed to use fat.
I'm pretty sure you should use "big boned" or "size+++++++++++".
How about we use the realistic terms.

"Obese", "extremely unhealthy", "Fat fuck", "Titty Magoo"

As someone who is overweight, I know what I am, and if someone said to me "You're fat bro", I wouldn't cry about it and say it's wrong, they are pointing out the truth! Why can't people accept facts anymore and try and make people feel like shit just because of how they want to ruin their lives.

I am trying to lose weight and am making decent progress on it actually but I don't feel sympathy when fat people cry about their weight, you're fat because you eat more than you should, you can easily stop that unless you're greedy like fat people usually are so stop crying about it and get outside and do some shit to lose it!

Sorry for the tangent, just shit like this gets on my tits lmao

Dunki

Fun fact given the suggestions site from Twitch.
5 People suggested to change the name Twitch because it is offensive to people with Parkinson etc.
1 Person wanted to emove the mute option since it is offensive to deaf people.

And 0!!!!!! People watend to change the Blind Playtrhough Tag.

teezzy

Banned

I laughed hard at people posting "braille" insults on Aris's stream.
Talking shit in flat braille, lmao. 2020.

Aris is the only streamer i consider worth paying attention to. Dude is hilarious and such a charismatic story teller. I'm so glad I discovered him way back looking up tekken tips

Reddit said:
But to top this all of, and to show you why this gesture is disengenuous, Twitch website doesn't even have ARIA HTML tags for crying out loud. To give you a brief explanation ARIA stands for Accessible Rich Internet Applications which are a set of attributes that define ways to make web content and web applications more accessible to people with disabilities.
Don't worry, I'm sure journalists will hold their feet to the fire on this.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Don't worry, I'm sure journalists will hold their feet to the fire on this.
We're long past the point when it was journalists who tried to push for inclusivity (and aggressive inclusivity, aka not inclusivity at all but mandated homogenization) in games. Now it's entirely a direct dialogue between companies and spoiled narcissists on Twitter. Most journalists just watch from the sidelines and report on the circus.

Reficul

As someone who is overweight, I know what I am, and if someone said to me "You're fat bro", I wouldn't cry about it and say it's wrong, they are pointing out the truth! Why can't people accept facts anymore and try and make people feel like shit just because of how they want to ruin their lives.

I am trying to lose weight and am making decent progress on it actually but I don't feel sympathy when fat people cry about their weight, you're fat because you eat more than you should, you can easily stop that unless you're greedy like fat people usually are so stop crying about it and get outside and do some shit to lose it!

I'm a bit on the heavy side myself and I wont get aggroed if someone points it out.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Edit: By the way, my first post was a joke. I found it fitting as the man in the picture probably would be offended by being called fat.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
Can't the word "twitch" itself be associated with a disability? They should probably just rename the whole thing and start fresh. Don't wan't to offend anyone.

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm a bit on the heavy side myself and I wont get aggroed if someone points it out.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Edit: By the way, my first post was a joke. I found it fitting as the man in the picture probably would be offended by being called fat.
I knew it was a joke brother, just got annoyed as some people are really like that! :)

Exactly man, us thiccbois know what we are! And thank you! I have lost a stone but still need to get a few more down! I am quite happy with my journey so far and am looking to get going after Christmas as I wanna have a nice Indian with the fam!

91L9SXI-VTL.jpg

Gerdav

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

GametimeUK

A first play-through and a blind play-through are different. You can play through a game having already watched someone else stream it which means your first play-through would no longer be a blind run.

The worst thing is that we can't clip videos anymore, since that a lot of people disabled this option. I bet this is because of SJWs in the "Just Chatting" (yep, chatting... ¬¬) section.

Stop going on Twitch I say

If only it were that easy. Twitch has something like 70-80% of game streaming viewership while YouTube I believe is next at around 20%. Facebook still struggles to make streaming more important on their platform because that’s not why people are on FB in the first place.

But I think streamers really need to start to at least explore the other options available to them. Maybe use a service like restream to get themselves on multiple platforms at the same time. Twitch’s trouble with DMCA is only just beginning, and it’s probably going to get a lot worse before it get better... IF it gets better.

Drew1440

If only it were that easy. Twitch has something like 70-80% of game streaming viewership while YouTube I believe is next at around 20%. Facebook still struggles to make streaming more important on their platform because that’s not why people are on FB in the first place.

But I think streamers really need to start to at least explore the other options available to them. Maybe use a service like restream to get themselves on multiple platforms at the same time. Twitch’s trouble with DMCA is only just beginning, and it’s probably going to get a lot worse before it get better... IF it gets better.

No one wants YouTube to be both the dominant video hosting platform and streaming platform and no one wants to use Facebook either. It's a shame microsoft pulled out of the market with Mixer since that could have been a good alternative.

Yeah I do now. He can fuck off. Catering to hate?! What an insulting and absolutely moronic thing to say.

I would argue that ironically HIS attitude on accessibility and difficult games is what is dehumanising for disabled people. What, because your disabled that automatically means you can't cope with a hard game? Because your abilities and skill set is somehow 'lesser'?

He can fuck right off with that one.

In the Destiny community, the six man, end game raid activity is the pinnacle of the end game PvE content. It takes team work, skill, the ability to play together well and good communication skills. I have seen six man raid teams all comprised of deaf people literally finishing these raids. To suggest that deaf people or any other people with disabilities are 'less' able is totally shocking and hypocritical coming from him.

Wow. Just wow.

Shmunter

Yeah I do now. He can fuck off. Catering to hate?! What an insulting and absolutely moronic thing to say.

I would argue that ironically HIS attitude on accessibility and difficult games is what is dehumanising for disabled people. What, because your disabled that automatically means you can't cope with a hard game? Because your abilities and skill set is somehow 'lesser'?

He can fuck right off with that one.

In the Destiny community, the six man, end game raid activity is the pinnacle of the end game PvE content. It takes team work, skill, the ability to play together well and good communication skills. I have seen six man raid teams all comprised of deaf people literally finishing these raids. To suggest that deaf people or any other people with disabilities are 'less' able is totally shocking and hypocritical coming from him.

Wow. Just wow.
Probably a Chinese troll account sowing the seeds for west’s disunity

No shortage of useful idiots banding along

Last edited:

Sorry for the tangent, just shit like this gets on my BIG, FAT tits lmao

Edited for truth.

I joke of course, plz don't cancel me xxx

First playthrough does make as much sense so this seems pretty harmless. Not that there was anything wrong with how it was...
Except that they're not the same thing at all. A first playthrough is your first playthrough. A *blind* playthrough is a playthrough by someone who has never been exposed to the game in any way. I.E. someone doing their first playthrough could've watched a walkthrough, be reading a guide, etc, and may know what's coming, someone doing a blind playthrough cannot and will not.

Sorc3r3r

Based and redpilled

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I agree with the Reddit OP on most of what he says. The only thing I disagree with is this "no one is against language changing or becoming more progressive, we are against hypocrisy and people not attacking the real issues." No there are millions of people that are strictly against language changing.

Control the language == control thoughts.

We need to discard this concept that the wokesters are attempting good by the wrong means.
These people know very well what they do, they have been educated as political activists (the colleges don't even hide this).

They are not busy helping the disabled, they are busy hobbling the abled.

The West is under attack and these people are the footsoldiers. Call them out on it.

So now it's going to become forbidden to do "blind tests" because brainless SJWs have managed to pass ideas that are dumber than my feet? It's so offensive :'(

Control the language == control thoughts.

We need to discard this concept that the wokesters are attempting good by the wrong means.
These people know very well what they do, they have been educated as political activists (the colleges don't even hide this).

They are not busy helping the disabled, they are busy hobbling the abled.

The West is under attack and these people are the footsoldiers. Call them out on it.

That's a little much. Hobbling the abled? We're talking about a profession where you play videogames and talk to people while doing it.

BigBooper

That's a little much. Hobbling the abled? We're talking about a profession where you play videogames and talk to people while doing it.
Blind as a term for unknown is not something gaming came up with. Blind study in medicine for example, is a study where the participants don't know who took a drug and who didn't. It's silly to narrow this down to just gaming. It's a common term. They could just as well try to change the meaning of orange.

Shubh_C63

Unfreakinbelievable. What's next ??
No Commentary Playthrough - Offensive to mute people

I read a double joke that streamers will be in trouble when they start using "Ignorant Playthrough" instead of blind. lol

ethomaz

Banned
The ban is indeed ridiculous.

But imo I believe the tag can be better used to make easy to find videos specific for blind people... or at least to make the tag a bit better to avoid confusion.

I mean the first time I saw the tag I thought it was a blind person playing games... I opened because I was really curious but ended being a normal boring play that I find out after the blind was only about the guy playing not knowing anything about the game before play it lol

Aris is the only streamer i consider worth paying attention to. Dude is hilarious and such a charismatic story teller. I'm so glad I discovered him way back looking up tekken tips

Reported for being able to listen to Aris's stories which will make you an 'Ear User' and for also being Aris fan.

/s

I agree though, dude is hilarious.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They could call em "virgin playthroughs" but that would probably be patriarchal and/or inconsiderate to those born without a hymen.

Fun fact given the suggestions site from Twitch.
5 People suggested to change the name Twitch because it is offensive to people with Parkinson etc.
1 Person wanted to emove the mute option since it is offensive to deaf people.

And 0!!!!!! People watend to change the Blind Playtrhough Tag.

Good god, never considered that. This path can only lead to them having to change the service name.

While twitch reflexes is an acceptable use of the word, but the twitch disability is at the core of it. I'm sure there are more people with spasms, ticks and twitches that don't find it cool, especially because there is just zero context to say twitch here means twitch reflexes, or that you watch so much your eyes will be twitching, or dead and twitching.

Fidel

Neo Member
I don't think there's anything wrong with the term(To be honest, I couldn't give much of a shit to anything related to this streaming trend), but if it's offensive to anyone and/or could lead to some sort of confusion, ranting about changing it seems more like a bunch of incel children once again projecting their failures on subjects that won't change their lives in any degree.
In one week, the kids raging about it won't even remember this, so... you know... get a life.

Top Bottom