• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal | Official Teaser | Peacock Original

Draugoth

Gold Member

Synopsis: Twisted Metal, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and written by Michael Jonathan Smith, about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a badass axe-wielding car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I'm surprised they haven't announced a game to be released somewhere close to this... kinda seems to be missing the point. I know it's been heavily rumoured but I feel like they'd try to tie the two together as part of this whole cross-media thing they've got going on.

Teaser didn't show much but it was fine.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm surprised they haven't announced a game to be released somewhere close to this... kinda seems to be missing the point. I know it's been heavily rumoured but I feel like they'd try to tie the two together as part of this whole cross-media thing they've got going on.

Teaser didn't show much but it was fine.

May Showcase. The timing will be perfect.

Nautilus

Banned
So they are making a Mad Max clone out of this, but with a comedic take? Is this what Twisted Metal is known for?

R6Rider

Gold Member
The premise:

In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, John Doe, a talkative milkman with amnesia, is given a mission to traverse the desolate world to deliver a cryptic package in order to stay alive. Alongside the assistance of Quiet, a rash car thief, Doe faces a life-altering opportunity but must confront ruthless marauders in deadly and destructive vehicles to secure a chance at a better future.

Yoboman

Man I dunno

Felt cheesy first, then the tonal shift to sweet tooth really works. And you kind of need that sort of psychotic tonal shift if you are doing all the multiple personalities and mental issues of the Twisted Metal story

Didn't look cheap either

And Mackie is a quality lead to have

Will wait and see how this turns out

Puscifer

This is getting cancelled after 1 season.
Hopefully they at least have a game in the works to launch alongside it.
I don't think they can milk this more than a season or two, how long can you milk "guy drives car cross country?"

MiguelItUp

This is getting cancelled after 1 season.
Hopefully they at least have a game in the works to launch alongside it.
A GOOD/GREAT game would be dandy. That last one really missed the mark in SO many ways IMO. It was so disappointing. :(

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Looks like shit. They couldn't even get a real car ?!
man... stephen mchattie would be perfect for this franchise

Top Bottom