• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity falling apart

KSweeley

According to this report, Trump's Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity is falling apart: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...b6ee4b04fc4e1e93dd0?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

10/10/2017

A member of President Donald Trump’s voter fraud probe expressed deep frustration Tuesday over the way the commission has been run so far and doubted that the panel would ever meet again.

Even though the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity was formally created five months ago and has conducted two public meetings, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap (D) told HuffPost that he still has no idea what it’s working on or when it will meet next. He said he plans to raise concerns with Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R), the commission’s vice chair, about how it has operated so far ― if he ever has another chance.

“I think we have to talk about that if we get another opportunity. I don’t know that we’re ever going to meet again, to tell you the truth. We certainly haven’t talked about it,” Dunlap said. “I think it is a possibility. We haven’t heard about any future meetings. We talked about a meeting in November ― that was back in July. We haven’t had anything further about it. ... It wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t meet again.”

Alan King, another Democratic member of the commission who has expressed frustration, said he hadn’t had any recent contact with the panel’s leaders either.

“Not a word. Hard to plan ahead when there is zero communication,” said King, who is a probate judge in Jefferson County, Alabama.

A spokesman for the commission did not return a request for comment.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Given how shitty the GOP is, it wouldn't surprise me if they've actually been meeting but just didn't invite the Democrats

We can only hope the upcoming Presidential Advisory Commission on Maintaining the President's Ego is up for the task.

of course they arent

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So like everything else made to satiate Trump's ego, this failed too? What a shock.

Biske

Lol. A true conspiracy of idiots.

Lazy idiots at that.

I imagine they formed this and then were like "ah fuck, this would take some work? naaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Conversations shifted, Trump got distracted by a lot of other jangling, noisy things, and the sham commission kind of faltered when Trump stopped tweeting about millions of missing votes.

they probably ran out of funding. This administration isn't exactly a well oiled machine.

M4j5Qe7lDQLe_I1Z0whujg65r_M=.gif

This is what happens when the president's "agenda" amounts to little more than chasing TV ratings.

If it doesn't put Trump in the news, Trump generally doesn't care anymore.

Literally the only thing saving us all is their laziness and stupidity, but rest assured, Trump absolutely guaranteed that someone worse is going to become President one day. Someone is watching Trump right now and realizing what you can get away with, how far you can bend things, and will model himself to become a dictator. If Democrats don't get over this "our candidate didn't excite me enough!" or "PROTEST VOTE" garbage, it could very well be the death of us all.

I thought it's held up because the ACLU successfully subpoenaed Kobach's voter suppression plan.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.esqui...12819768/trump-kobach-voter-fraud-commission/

The documents have been heavily redacted, but one of the bullet points in Kobach’s presentation to Trump was a suggestion to draft an amendment to the National Voter Registration Act to “promote proof-of-citizenship requirements.” Kobach contends that the proof-of-citizenship policy prevents non-citizens from voting, but critics say it actually ends up disenfranchising rightful voters as well. The judge also unsealed a draft amendment that Kobach had circulated within his office that would have added a line to the federal voter law that said states could request any information from voters they deem necessary.

Top Bottom