• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump appointing THE ENTIRE SWAMP to the EPA

_Ryo_

USA to be renamed DSSA. Divided Smog States of America.

This is disgusting, and I literally feel sick reading the name and the descriptions beside them.

Fuck Trump, just, fuck him.

If we survive this, the coming huge government expansion is gonna be crazy

The industry is chasing short term gains for their mandatory irrelevance longer out

Snaku

Banned
He's literally every fucking Eco-Villain from Captain Planet rolled into a single gelatinous shitburrito.

I'd like to give a special shout-out to the Electoral College for making this destruction in the name of profits possible. I cannot imagine a more necessary component of our election process.

Zeroro

It's not like we've seen the devastating effects of not properly taking care of the environment recently or anything.

Acerac

Banned
I'd like to give a special shout-out to the Electoral College for making this destruction in the name of profits possible. I cannot imagine a more necessary component of our election process.

I've been whining about it since before Bush #2 hit office.

Unfortunately, nobody who has any power to do anything cares, and those with the power benefit from the status quo.

in truth, trump is not picking these guys, the industry itself is picking them, he and his team simply go along with their plans because they are all on the same team.

It only proves the point that the US government has been influenced significantly in a negative direction by corporations and major conflicts of interest in the past in regards to priorities, and Trump is simply taking that to a higher level and making these forces THE United States government itself, their voice is the only voice that will exist.

Its easier for them to do this than attempt to abolish these government institutions and raise alarm on a bigger scale. This likely won't get much(if any) air time in the corporate media whereas abolishing entire government agencies would force them to cover it

Its similar to how wall street has operated since Bill Clinton, just appoint regulators who either have no power or will not point out corruption or systemic issues because they are working against the point of their departments.

So much truth.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Anti intellectualism is fucking weird. Fuck these fucking fucks and their small dick/brain complex

On the contrary, they are smart.

The ones pushing this have their own priorities in order and it just so happens that those priorities don't align with the US citizens or other human beings on this planet in general.

Buckle

Anti intellectualism is fucking weird. Fuck these fucking fucks and their small dick/brain complex
They're not really anti-intellectualism as much as they are just greedy and using the EPA now to subvert restrictions that would have previously stopped their corporate interests from running amok.

I doubt many of them really seriously believe global warming isn't a thing, they just don't care.

kess

Dumbasses don't care. Business is good. Government ruins everything. Who drinks tap when you've got bottled water? Guaranteed health sounds like higher taxes!

Man fuck the earth, what has it done for us ever???! The air smells bad the water tastes like ass, no more dinosaurs. I can't wait till we move to mars. There's no swamps there

Darknight

Man this is so fucking depressing.

Potentially we have to wait 7 years for someone to clean the fuck out of these assholes. I hope once that happens, charges are brought for damaging out damn planet.

ReAxion

His base only cares about hurting people. If you care about the environment, you're a pussy. Care about other people? Same thing. Care about systemic causes for crime and/or drug abuse? Nope, need that boot on the evil criminal's neck. They're bullies in service of greedy ghouls.

Acerac

Banned

If people don't think about subjects, they are less willing to question what they are told. Is it any wonder that these groups wish to minimize critical thinking?

Disgusting I could understand, but it feels anything but weird to me if you are willing to assume the worst about those who are pushing for it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
His base only cares about hurting people. If you care about the environment, you're a pussy. Care about other people? Same thing. Care about systemic causes for crime and/or drug abuse? Nope, need that boot on the evil criminal's neck. They're bullies in service of greedy ghouls.

The fact that Trump has already done so many damaging things to our country and hasn't lost a ton of support among his base just proves that there's a much larger group of white and entitled people out there who have just been waiting their entire lives to say "fuck you got mine" through the loudest microphone they can find.

RinsFury

The consequences of this regime will be felt around the world for years, decades, maybe centuries. Every single person that voted republican is just as complicit in this as the evil orange fuck himself.

Zolo

Tbh, won't the regulations just be put back if Dems win in 3 years? It doesn't necessarily seem cost-effective for corporations to have to switch right back to regulations.

Inuhanyou

Tbh, won't the regulations just be put back if Dems win in 3 years? It doesn't necessarily seem cost-effective for corporations to have to switch right back to regulations.

You would be surprised how much was lost in America under Bush that was never restored or made right by Obama. What we need is a fundamental reassessment of our system and what we prioritize around the globe and at home, and whether or not its prudent to continue on our current downward trajectory.

I think if anything good comes out of Trump, it would be the possibility that we look at our system as a whole through what Trump's reign highlights, and not isolate the issues down to simply the man himself or the party he is apart of.

Racial tensions and cultural divisions for example were not caused by Trump, they were inflamed by him. So they won't go away even when he leaves.

Acerac

Banned

Oh goodness no. Democrats are not at all hostile to big business interests.

Wulfric

Literally evil. They aren't even being subtle about their appointments and motives at this point.

Let's face it: even if Trump gets impeached (and that's a big "if"), your country (and possibly the world) will never be the same. The damage will be done, and the consequences of his actions will be felt for decades.

I read this in Larsa's voice, funnily enough. But yeah, the US is screwed for years, even if Trump were to leave office today.

Guy.brush

It is basically the satire of NAKED GUN twisted into sad reality:

Chief of Staff: Thank you. Mr. President, tonight I am extremely proud to welcome our distinguished guests from the nation's energy suppliers.
From the coal industry, chairman of the Society for More Coal Energy, or "SMOCE", Mr. Terence Baggett.
Representing the oil industry, head of the Society of Petroleum Industry Leaders, better known as "SPIL", Mr. Donald Fenswick...
And from the nuclear industry, president of the Key Atomic Benefits Office of Mankind - "KABOOM", Mr. Arthur Dunwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPyN3LaHdS8

giphy.gif

Inuhanyou

How do they get away with this shit?

It's so blatantly evil!

legalized bribery and collusion through various avenues. We need laws and strict regulations in place, if we ever get to a point that we can enact some on the politicians who are elected to serve us

Zolo

Just a couple more SCOTUS appointments and the corporations will have finally won. Can't wait for our dystopian Cyberpunk future.

That does seem to be the direction we're going.

Tbh, I'd be interested what counters Democrats would come up with if that happened such as appointing more justices.

Shauni

That's EXACTLY what I said. Well done.

I mean, it is. You literally just said Dems would never introduce new regulations because they would never go against big business interests either. As much of a 'both sides' statement as you can make without just outright saying the phrase

Acerac

Banned
I mean, it is. You literally just said Dems would never introduce new regulations because they would never go against big business interests either. As much of a 'both sides' statement as you can make without just outright saying the phrase

No, I literally said that they will not undo all the regulations that Trump will put in to place because they are not hostile to big business interests. As far as I can tell you just imagined that thing you are claiming I said?

The posts are right there, if you are going to lie about what a person said you should do it in a conversation where it is not so easily referenced...

Shauni

No, I literally said that they will not undo all the regulations that Trump will put in to place because they are not hostile to big business interests. As far as I can tell you just imagined that thing you are claiming I said?

The posts are right there, if you are going to lie about what a person said you should do it in a conversation where it is not so easily referenced...

Trump isn't putting any regulations into place he's rolling back regulations put in place by a Democratic President, but yes, both sides are the same because all of those regulations from a Democratic President just came to be without any effort from human beings, they are cosmic regulations.

Top Bottom