• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trap | Official Trailer

Power Pro

Because it's a shameless plug for her music career, and it's tacky AF, like Sofia Coppola in The Godfather III.
Wasn't Sofia Coppola only in Godfather 3, because Winona Ryder had to back out of it. She was going through something at the time, and wanted to make it up to Francis Ford Coppola, which is why she was in Dracula later on.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
The dad is the killer. The end.
the daughter is the real killer

822.jpg

FunkMiller

He definitely came up with this watching a Taylor Swift concert video.

And it’s probably one giant unreliable narrator gag, and he’s not the killer.

near

Gold Member
Cant remember where I read the spoiler, but it was some time ago, and there is a twist in this film that's pretty obvious now that I've seen the trailer. I hope what I read was fake!

Toots

Gold Member
Society is the real killer!
I read the two comments above yours, immediately thought to myself "no, society is the real killer", was pretty proud of how funny i was for half a second then i read your comment and now im left wondering, since our minds obvisouly work the exact same why aren't i a successfull web entrepreneur myself ???

Anyway, if Shyamalan manages to make us root for Hartnett and he's really the killer, it can be pretty fun to watch (I personally won't have problems rooting for Josh with him being such a heartthrob).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I read the two comments above yours, immediately thought to myself "no, society is the real killer", was pretty proud of how funny i was for half a second then i read your comment and now im left wondering, since our minds obvisouly work the exact same why aren't i a successfull web entrepreneur myself ???

Anyway, if Shyamalan manages to make us root for Hartnett and he's really the killer, it can be pretty fun to watch (I personally won't have problems rooting for Josh with him being such a heartthrob).
Sometimes I have to go for the obvious dad joke, just because. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

jason10mm

Gold Member
In the theatrical cut, the killer's there in the audience with you. The doors are locked and people are starting to get worried.
With digital projection you probably could stuck a camera in the theater and cut it into the film in real time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It'll be a stupid ending like the crook is caught, and some guy off screen say "Ya, I win".

Next thing you know, the entire movie is based on a murder mystery board game and it's 4 people sitting around a table playing a game.

Top Bottom