• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TimeSplitters Rewind Update - Progress, Polish and Content Lock - December 2022

Gojiira

Fan remake but officially endorsed by Crytek IIRC.
But wtf how many years has this been in dev now? A decade now?

VN1X

Banned
Man... this looks astonishingly bland compared to the original. I mean I wish them all the best as I love TimeSplitters but that artstyle (or lackthereof) just looks like any generic UE asset flip.

Gojiira

Black Mesa Source took 7 years to release, then another 7 years after that to finish the game’s third act and launch officially on Steam lol
Hmm true, thing is though Im pretty sure BMS was entirely a mod, ie people working in their free time. Im 100% positive this Timesplitters project was funded by Crytek, at one point it was getting published on PS4. So that’s why Im less impressed with the slow dev.

Soodanim

Man... this looks astonishingly bland compared to the original. I mean I wish them all the best as I love TimeSplitters but that artstyle (or lackthereof) just looks like any generic UE asset flip.
100%. It currently lacks all of the unique visuals that made the original so recognisable. If I didn't know this was supposed to be Timeplsitters, I'd never have guessed it.

Top Bottom