• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on Senua's story (Hellblade Spoilers)

SweetShark

For the people who played the first game knows what I am talking about.

Yes, if you think the story straight forward you just experience the adventure of Senua to bring back her husband from the dead by killing Hel.

Obviously the plot twist was there was never a God or even fictional creatures in the first place. Everything it was in her head.
Just her learning that she can't bring him back to life and accepting the reality.

Also it is possible that even the world of Hellblade is fictional. Just a fake world that Senua created to have a delusion that cause it is a magical place, full of beasts and Gods, she can save her love.

End of story.

So why we have a Hellblade II?

Yes, it is awesome but why there is a sequel?
Does this implying everything were real? That The God exist and there are something else Senua must face with her damaged mind?

Aion002

This is an hot take;

Money and God of War.

The game will probably have weapon's, skills and other rpg stuff.

Honestly... I don't trust MS to not make the game more approachable to the broader audience... Heck they will probably sell skins and have an online mode.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
She throw the head of her husband if I remember right.
Yh, but it was only suppressed at that moment.

Something like a psychosis won't ever be really cured and it'll pop up again with a proper trigger.

The game wasn't about her struggling because of his death, it was about her struggling with his death due to her mental condition.

Last edited:

SweetShark

Yh, but it was only suppressed at that moment.

Something like a psychosis won't ever be really cured and it'll pop up again with a proper trigger.

The game wasn't about her struggling because of his death, it was about her struggling with his death due to her mental condition.

I meant she was cured by her delusion of wanted to bring her husband back, not her psychosis.
The voices inside her head will be always there.

SweetShark

This is an hot take;

Money and God of War.

The game will probably have weapon's, skills and other rpg stuff.

Honestly... I don't trust MS to not make the game more approachable to the broader audience... Heck they will probably sell skins and have an online mode.

Hahahaha, maybe in an online mode her voices would be the spectators of a let's play on twich XD

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I don't think they are going to just ignore the implications of the mental illness of the first. I look forward to seeing where they take the story.

Psykodad

Banned
Because the main focus was to resurrect her husband.
I guess maybe now she must find the people who killed her husband and raped her I guess.
The main focus was to make people experience what it's like to live with a mental illness, though.

Anyway, it's one of the best games of this gen, so I don't really see why it's a bad thing to have a sequel.

-Troid-

Banned
Even if it was all in her head they could still do a sequel. Like others have said she could go looking for her Husband's killer. Maybe she goes to their village and sees them as all the demonic creatures. Maybe there's a twist where she snaps out of it and she's killed everyone, including children or something equally messed up. Idk I'm just spitballin here. With a concept as malleable as mental illness/hallucination they could do a variety of things to tell another story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom