• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Year's Call of Duty to Be Called "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War", According to Credible Leaker

God dammit, no one wants yearly CoD anymore. Modern Warfare knocked it out of the park and now they're like OH LETS FRAGMANT THE PLAYERBASE! Fucking. Stupid. Fucks.

God dammit, no one wants yearly CoD anymore. Modern Warfare knocked it out of the park and now they're like OH LETS FRAGMANT THE PLAYERBASE! Fucking. Stupid. Fucks.
A significant portion of the community hate MW, though, and can't wait for BO5. So yeah, 'no one' is a bit of a stretch. To say the least.

It's not significant, there's just an extremely vocal Treyarch fanbase. MW has been the best CoD in years.
Absolute bullshit. There are so many flaws in the game that have been pointed out a million times, to put it down to people being Treyarch fanboys is just embarrassing. CoD WW2 after the revamp is so much better than MW. And it isn't a Treyarch game.

EDIT Important caveat insert. When I talk about these games, I'm talking about TDM. Warzone is very good (that said, it's free). And the campaign was fine.

Last edited:
The only feature they need is tick rate. I wasnt expecting robots, but I would take super jumping robots again.

MW2019 was fine, it's just not what keeps me playing. There just didnt seem to be a lot of nifty stuff to do other than to quickly kill people.

Also the campaign sucked compared to the Kit Harrington one. Sneaking around as little kids for 20% of the game....fuck that.

Last edited:
I've been playing CoD since the original Modern Warfare, as a CoD fan, this is the hardest wait for me after MW2019's MP failures. If it had some GOOD maps then it'd be worth playing because the gameplay is actually pretty top notch.

Modern Warfare's MP is the worst in the entire series.

It's not significant, there's just an extremely vocal Treyarch fanbase. MW has been the best CoD in years.

Not even close. Campaign-wise? Maybe, but MP-wise they really screwed up, Warzone couldn't have come at a better time. Let's face it, it's more evident that Treyarch is a better developer in comparison to IW.

The only feature they need is tick rate. I wasnt expecting robots, but I would take super jumping robots again.

MW2019 was fine, it's just not what keeps me playing. There just didnt seem to be a lot of nifty stuff to do other than to quickly kill people.

Also the campaign sucked compared to the Kit Harrington one. Sneaking around as little kids for 20% of the game....fuck that.
They lied about higher tick rates in the past, i.e. WWII and BO4.

Modern Warfare's MP isn't great, the Campaign is the best part of it. It's realistic, a lot like how real war can be in quite a few scenarios.

Last edited:

Caffeine

footnotes on press releases has said black ops and modern warfare. everyone and their grandma knows black ops took place in the cold war era why would you need to double subtitle.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Did they adjust the matchmaking in Warzone? After not winning a game for WEEKS, today I won three times. Wtf lol

njean777

Why not just call it COD: Coldwar adding the Black Ops is unneeded and makes the title super long for no reason.

Why not just call it COD: Coldwar adding the Black Ops is unneeded and makes the title super long for no reason.

When I see "Black Ops", I expect an arcade arena shooter (Treyarch signature) rather than the realistic Battlefield/Casual MilSim we just got with MW. I hope putting the title there sets the expectations correctly.

If it's just "Cold War" then that would tell me this is going to be more experimental and less of a Treyarch type game.

Gp1

most modern military equipment was created in the 70’s, 80s. You would probably maintain like 80% of MWs equipment tbh

And they wouldn't give up optical sights (widely adopted at the 90's), so there goes another 10%.

But i wouldn't complain of a Call of Duty Red storm rising...

njean777

When I see "Black Ops", I expect an arcade arena shooter (Treyarch signature) rather than the realistic Battlefield/Casual MilSim we just got with MW. I hope putting the title there sets the expectations correctly.

If it's just "Cold War" then that would tell me this is going to be more experimental and less of a Treyarch type game.

If Black Ops has to be there then maybe just call if Black Ops: Coldwar but then again taking out COD would probably not be a good idea. Maybe just go full circle and call it COD: Black Ops (again).

Top Bottom