• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They should release gamepass on steam

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Most people with steam deck probably going to install Windows anyway, so meh. I think it would be nice, however not sure how would that fall inside MS's plan.

kingfey

Banned
Let's get this man to the dungeon. You want to burn of the forums for us. Cooldown little bit Satan.
out of reach dungeon GIF

Shmunter

Most people with steam deck probably going to install Windows anyway, so meh. I think it would be nice, however not sure how would that fall inside MS's plan.
Does windows allow for games to suspend and resume? That’s a core part of gaming on the go.

CitizenZ

Banned
its a given, this has been in the planning for years. You need to go back to around 2015 and dig up some articles where the foundation was being laid out for MS to put games on Steam. As I have said numerous times they didnt create a list of services on Steam just for EA Play.

Last edited:

packy34

I don't think the math quite works for MS if they have to give up a percentage. I would love to have it on Steam too but I don't see it happening.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I would be happy with it added, or at the very least some special version of gamepass that's mobile friendly and easy to launch in the Steam os.

I want to use steam os(deck) and have that nice console experience, so just release it for steam os as an app, nah I aint going windows, im willing to bet the problems will arise, and the console experience will be gone.

kiphalfton

Aso because the Xbox app sucks.

For a software company, Microsoft sure does suck when it comes to their non-Office/OS apps/software.

Last edited:
Top Bottom