• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was plans for a GTA IV and RDR1 Remaster

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Sucks if true šŸ˜¤

Stressed Out Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

MarkyG

"The poor reception of the Trilogy DE might be a reason behind that decision."

Even though it was outsourced to an inept studio, yet still garnered undeserved financial success?

I doubt that's the reason. Also, wasn't the source code to RDR 1 lost or just messed up? Sure I read that somewhere.

ACESHIGH

Banned
It sucks... hopefully MS can cut a deal to have RDR available on Xcloud at least. You can play enhanced versions of 360 games that way on PC.

Jaybe

Oh well. At least RDR1 still plays nice with XSX Back compatibility mode and the 4K up-res MS team added.

SmokedMeat

Gamerā„¢
The poor reception on the previous remasters is entirely Rockstarā€™s fault! Give a shit about the franchises that put you on the map instead of not giving a damn.

A Red Dead remake or remaster on current platforms would be big.

DAHGAMING

I hope not, I want remake/remasters of both of theae classics, they will probably be better games than this soy theft auto shit were about to get in the next couple of years.

Banned
get a Series X, play GTA4 at 60fps and RDR at native 4K :)

there's your remasters.
and after that awful Trilogy release you are better off with those versions anyways

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"As per a reliable source with clear accuracy on Rockstar plans - "

What an awkward sentence; sounds like this was run through either a language translator or a "Fake authoritative" text convertor.

. . .also seems pretty bullshit. The DE of GTA was a success for ROCKSTAR and they said as much awhile ago; but why would a recent "negative" response (again, they made money so this was a success) stop them from remastering two of their most popular games that likely don't need the amount of work the original trilogy needed?

kiphalfton

Basing it off poor reception of DE Trilogy. Oh God. Maybe they should never nake another game based off that then.

"remasters of GTA IV & RDR1 were on the table a few years ago"
"The poor reception of the Trilogy DE might be a reason behind that decision.ā€

How can the reception of a trilogy that was released late last year, affect something that happened a "few years ago". Dude doesn't even have his timeline in order.
he gets to much credit for simply reading server data (anyone can do) and posting about it...

Last edited:

FUBARx89

The poor reception on the previous remasters is entirely Rockstarā€™s fault! Give a shit about the franchises that put you on the map instead of not giving a damn.

A Red Dead remake or remaster on current platforms would be big.

Probably out of Rockstar Norths hands. 2k will of greenlit it and farmed it out to GSG.

This is the same parent company that farmed out Bioshock remasters to Blind Squirrel and they don't look right either, granted they don't have loads of bugs, same parent company that farmed out the xcom 2 console ports to blind squirrel and they run like arse to this day, even worse with war of the chosen add on installed.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

If it's true, it just shows how bad Rockstar have become, they still want full price for the GTA def editions even though they still haven't been properly fixed, they are not the company the were before online, and if GTA 6 does eventually come out it will be made for more online anyway, i'm not bothered anymore, it's a shame, a lot of gamers would of enjoyed them remasters.

Jrecard

I'm glad they have been shelved. A remake of either I would pay for, but half assed remasters outsourced to external studios? Nah we've seen enough of that. Rockstar could work to reinstate some of their lost goodwill by releasing a next gen update for RDR2 without charging a whole new game for it. Plenty of other devs have done it, RDR2 definitely deserves the 60fps treatment.

Last edited:
I loved how itā€™s framed as if players should be blamed for not liking one of the worst ā€œremastersā€ ever made lol if that was gonna be the care that went into the remasters for rdr1 and gta4 than itā€™s a positive these don't exist.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Do you think it would have been possible to have Red dead Redemption on Nintendo Switch?

I think it's a powerful console for this game.

Top Bottom