• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are 8 movies in the Christmas Story Franchise

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Fucking blows my mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Family_Saga#The_Phantom_of_the_Open_Hearth_(1976)

A Christmas story isn't even the first movie in the franchise. It's like the 3rd. In terms of directly trying to align themselves with Christmas story, there are 3 sequels. Craaazy. I've only seen Christmas Story and Summer Story (which... not as good as Christmas Story, but not awful. I think I saw part of Christmas Story 2 but it was pretty bad. and I stopped.

Not having high hopes for A Christmas Story Christmas

I knew of A Christmas Story, It Runs in the Family, and the awful Christmas Story 2.

Kinda makes me want to check these out!

Lasha

I knew that a Christmas Story was not the first. I didn't know the parker family adventured beyond Christmas and the Fourth of July.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My favorite Christmas movies have become Krampus with the dysfunctional family and the Scrooge movie with Albert Finney.

That Krampus movie that came out around 2015 with the dysfunctional family and the gingerbread men with nail guns was so much fun that it actually became one of my favorite Christmas movies even though it only came out a few years ago.

I cannot recommend that movie enough. It's basically a horror but it's light-hearted and fun so you could gather the kids around to watch it without any issues.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
A Christmas Story 8: Ecks Vs Sever
A Christmas Story 9: Revolution
A Christmas Story vs Krampus
The Christmas Story (gritty reboot)

Top Bottom