• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Christmas movie?

Kev Kev

I could change my mind depending on what mood I'm in, but I'm gonna go with the first Home Alone.

Home-Alone.jpg

When I was kid, I would watch this movie even when it wasn't Christmas time. The music really takes me back to being a kid, and brings back a lot of good memories. I remember genuinely laughing till my stomach hurt at Marv and Harry's ridiculous antics. The scene where Marv screams at the spider on his face used to make me cackle laugh :messenger_tears_of_joy:. The paint buckets, the blow torch scene, and so many more legit funny scenes.

There is a nice, heart warming story to go with it as well. I also just loved the idea of setting up traps for people who may or may not try to rob my house while my parents were away. I used to think about traps I would set up lol. And I have to include the fact that the basement scene where he was scared of the washer (or was it a heater...?) used to scare the shit out of me. I would fast forward through that part every time lol.

Something about Home Alone always puts me in the Christmas spirit. I even loved Home Alone 2! Man, there are so many more good ones. Bad Santa is my favorite depending on the day, the old school claymations ones are classic, A Christmas Story is still good and funny even after watching it a bazillion times. There is just something about Christmas movies that put me in a feel good kind of mood.

I love Christmas movies. What's your favorite?

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I really like the George C Scott Christmas Carol. The ghosts look like they came from shooting a horror movie across the hall.

Absolutely my favorite version.

Saw Scrooged tonight. Started tearing up during Bill Murray's speech at the end. The earnestness of Bill's performance as he begs the audience to adopt kindness and empathy at the end. Great stuff

Peggies

Gold Member
Many have already been mentioned but these are also really good:

Scrooged
bill murray headbutt GIF

Christmas Horror Story

Christmas with them Kranks (ridiculously stupid but that's part of the fun, also it's based on a book by John Grisham)
Jamie Lee Curtis Christmas GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
No competition.

MV5BMmJlYzViNzctMjQ1Ni00ZWQ4LThkN2YtMzI2ZGU5Nzk0NTAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Jingle all the way for Christmas, Futurama marathon for New Year. If I ever not watch those during the season, call 911, something's wrong.
Got to be this. The post man is funny as fuck, the creepy neighbour trying to fuck Arnie’s wife sends shivers down my spine - just a legendary Christmas film.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Many have already been mentioned but these are also really good:

Christmas with them Kranks (ridiculously stupid but that's part of the fun, also it's based on a book by John Grisham)
Jamie Lee Curtis Christmas GIF
This movie had awful reviews and I don't get why. It's the most down to earth story that can happen to a family in suburbia or small town. It had plenty of good heart.

Bump

I'd say a tie between Home Alone and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. They're both amazing in their own way. Other ones to watch:

Die Hard
Christmas With The Kranks
Klaus
Elf
Jingle All The Way
The Santa Clause

Top Bottom