• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Year 2000 in Gaming

Select up to 4

• Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Deus Ex

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Skies of Arcadia

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Diablo II

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • No One Lives Forever

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Shenmue

Votes: 33 21.7%
  • The Sims

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 44 28.9%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Vagrant Story

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Banjo-Tooie

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Counter-Strike

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Mega Man Legends 2

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Votes: 44 28.9%
  • Chrono Cross

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Thief II: The Metal Age

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Grandia II

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Jet Set Radio

Votes: 24 15.8%

• Total voters

Phase

Glad this thread got updated so i can be reminded how fucking garbage and boring 2013-2021 has been
Seeing these old release lists got me like damn! gaming was so fucking good

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Was having trouble with this, it was so bad I had to eject Diablo 2 of all games. My final 4 was:

BG2
Thief 2
Deus Ex
Vagrant Story

Runner up Diablo 2 , Megaman legends 2.
Not listed but great: Legend of Dragoon, Quake 3, Icewind Dale, Tenchu 2, Red Alert 2.

SkylineRKR

1999 and 2000 are my 2 favourite years in gaming. PSX was going strong still, Dreamcast was on a roll. PS2 would come out and I was into PC gaming. I didn't have a Nintendo 64 but a friend did and we played Perfect Dark MP.

There was so much to play. I got broadband internet in late '99 as well. On PC, PS and DC there were games coming out on a weekly basis. This is very true; CT came out late Januari, and CV and Rayman 2 a few weeks after it. This was just DC. In the summer I believe I played Chrono Cross, Vagrant, Tech Romancer, Jet Grind, DoA2, MvC2, Parasite Eve 2, Virtua Tennis and probably more. That Spiderman game was from that summer as well, wasn't it? At that point the best comic adaption game I had played.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Diablo 2 was what everyone's been playing back in the days, even the non-gamers, that's how strong the game was. Also The Sims were huge, a completely new genre, with still no alternative to this very day.

Top Bottom