• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project 10.0 Reborn releases on July 17th, new comparison video released

CyberPanda

Banned
Modder ‘Halk Hogan PL’ announced that the latest version of his amazing HD Reworked project for CD Projekt RED’s RPG, The Witcher 3, will be released on July 17th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the modder released a new comparison video between The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project 10.0 and the vanilla version.

As we’ve already stated, The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project aims to overhaul the game’s graphics with very high quality detailed textures (with great sharpness and performance and without any unnecessary VRAM losses), very high quality accurate normal maps, high quality meshes with a lot of details and better objects LODs.

This new HDRP version will focus mainly on environments but it will also touch some NPCs (mainly redania/temeria/novigrad guards). Furthermore, all terrain/rocks textures will be reworked (except Toussaint, these will be done in BaW Update after this release).

This is a truly amazing project and we can’t wait to get our hands on it. Enjoy the following comparison video until The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project 10.0 Reborn is released and stay tuned for more!

Last edited:
I mean....Looks fantastic. I've been doing a replay the last 2 weeks and am in awe what just a few mods can do to the game. It'll look even better with this. I'm using his last version currently and it looks fantastic.

c7ubu77.jpg
BnYyDOI.jpg
buqOUG0.jpg

It's a stunning looking game made better by the persons mod and his newest version will make it look even better.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Bookmarked.

However, does it make sens at 1080p?

He is saying almost no performance loss, 3GB VRAM recommended. I have 4GB RX580, and I'm wondering if this is for me.

Mithos

He is saying almost no performance loss, 3GB VRAM recommended. I have 4GB RX580, and I'm wondering if this is for me.

On the nexus page for v5.1 it say (for that version) "On GTX 970/AMD R9 290X and higher there should be no fps drop."

MadYarpen

On the nexus page for v5.1 it say (for that version) "On GTX 970/AMD R9 290X and higher there should be no fps drop."
Yes, I know - but I assume 1080p textures are also improved, correct? I'm asking because the presentation says it is in 4k.

Last edited:
Yes, I know - but I assume 1080p textures are also improved, correct? I'm asking because the presentation says it is in 4k.
There is no "1080p textures". The resolution you game on doesn't matter, the point of high-res textures is that you can get really, really close to a surface without that surface losing details at any resolution you game on.

Kenpachii

Witcher is builded for low v-ram cards. Even at 4k ultra textures the game will not even use 3gb of v-ram.

even 1060 gtx 3gb models can run at 4k without issue's. so yea 3.5/4gb v-ram should have no issue's running it.

I finally bought the PC version of this game now that I have a PC that can run it, and now I'm SUPER stoked.
That was literally the ONLY complaint I have with the graphics. The textures looked a little dated, and just in that video alone he addressed several that I noticed while playing.

Plus, I'm absolutely loving the fact that this texture pack is not messing with the overall art style.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks great. Maybe I'll give NG+ a go at some point and when I can actually be able to play the game in 4K 60 at all times with this mod.

Top Bottom