• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Is Getting Two New Physical Releases This Year

Bullet Club

The Wii U Is Getting Two New Physical Releases This Year

90C7IDv.jpg

Even though first-party support for the Wii U came to a halt a number of years ago, that hasn't stopped third-party developers and publishers from pumping out new releases for Nintendo's previous generation of console hardware. PixelHeart – a publisher and distributor of retro and next-generation games – has just put up pre-orders for two new Wii U physical releases.

The first is a hard-copy of the SHMUP Collection (containing Satazius Next and Armed 7 DX, and due out on 15th May 2020) and the other one is Finding Teddy II: Definitive Edition (arriving 17th April 2020). As noted by DualShocker, both of these releases are the European versions, so you'll need to have access to a system from this region in order to play them.

Both games cost €29,90 and are limited to 3,000 units each. If you're not interested in owning these titles on Wii U, there's always the option to purchase them on the Switch as well for the same price. Could these be the very last physical Wii U games ever released? Tell us what you think below and if you would be interested in adding either or both of these titles to your physical collection.

Source: Nintendo Life

Game over, Switch. Wii U is back!

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Actually pleased to see this. Though much maligned I really enjoyed my Wii U and thought it was a great console. I still enjoy using mine and put in an order for both games. It's a good system to play and it's a great one to collect for.

It is worth noting though that anyone interested in the titles but offended by the Wii U releases can order the games on the Switch from the same publisher.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Wii U + Nintendoland + 5 people actually gave me one of the most memorable couch multiplayer sessions ever. I miss that system just a little bit.

Birdo

Banned
These are the kinds of games that collecters pay hundreds of dollars for twenty years from now.

Gargus

Banned
Eh big deal. Sega genesis had a couple releases last year in Brazil where the system is still popular. That's more interesting than the p-u

Last edited:
Must be desperate for sales courting the much coveted Wii U market. Sales charts will no doubt be ablaze from these big hitting titles on the most popular home gaming console.

data_jack

I believe the Dreamcast still has a following, and games are still published today by independents (not Sega)
Came here to say this. Dreamcast, as well as Atari Jaguar and SNES have all seen modern game releases. Crazy to think 8th gen consoles are already seeing homebrew development...

H4ze

What shall I say, I liked the Wii U, still have mine.
Nintendoland gave me some pretty awesome memories when I played it with my best friend back in 2013/2014 <3

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
why on earth is anyone even bothering with the Wii U?

these games deserve to fail just for the sheer stupidity of the developers.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Was Finding Teddy 1 any good? Can’t jump to 2 if I know nothing about 1. :messenger_beaming:

Let it happen. People still make Genesis and Dreamcast games. The Wii U is a wonderful console. It doesn’t need to be forgotten about. The Wii U VC is 10x better than the Switch’s VC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, I like the WiiU a lot (way more than the Switch, anyway), but I like it because of the games. Not the hardware. The hardware was shit and nobody liked it. There's no reverence for the hardware like there was for the Dreamcast or the Neo Geo.

Ergo, this is dumb.

RPGCrazied

Nice little console. I'll never part with mine unless the gamepad breaks. I hear you can't buy another or even send for repair anymore.

Has some great games.

Pallas

Gold Member
That’s pretty neat, never owned it but I know people like to pretend this console never happened this generation.

Fox Mulder

It’s feeding collectors who are buying hoping they’re worth money some day. I doubt many of the 3000 made even gets opened.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Cool to see.

I loved my Wii U. Still got it, carefully packed away in it's box. Every title Nintendo released for it was a winner. It deserved better.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm still rather annoyed at how the Axiom Verge release happened. I forgot Limited Run Games was handling it and it was sold out within hours.

I'm guessing these are PALand only?

Top Bottom