• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Whataburger Monterey Melt, a.k.a. the King of Fast Food Burgers, is now regional

snap

Banned
This glorious beast:
MontereyMelt-canvas-540x4201.jpg

whatamonterey3.jpg

Our Monterey Melt starts with two 100% pure beef patties, melted slices of American and Monterey Jack cheese with a blend of grilled peppers & onions. Topped off with jalapeno ranch for just the right amount of kick.

Honestly, this thing is decadently and disgustingly delicious. Two juicy beef patties are covered in melted Monterey Jack and American cheeses, and then slathered with jalapeño ranch dressing; grilled peppers and onions add a smoky sweetness that offsets the bite from the jalapeños. I took bite after bite, my resolve to eat just half thrown out the window -- I killed the entire sandwich in just a few minutes while my dog looked at me with longing.

This is a hangover-killing burger of the highest order. It's a breakup burger that will make you forget your ex's first name, phone number and address. It's everything a fast-food burger should be -- so right, and so wrong. I highly recommend it.

http://www.houstonpress.com/restaur...melt-your-cardiologist-will-thank-you-6427482

A few weeks ago I noticed my local Whataburgers (AZ) no longer offered it. At some point recently, it appears they updated the webpage with this smalltext:

3f2f072156.png

It's been a good show, old friend. At least we have the Chorizo burger in the meantime to soften the blow:

I'm really missing our Whataburger 2 miles away that was open for maybe a month or two before Harvey wiped it out. Had a chorizo burger after a meeting on Friday, it was amazing. Mmmmm

TylerD

I'm in West Texas. I like the Monterey Melt but will go for a Green Chile Double with spicy ketchup and fries on the burger every time.

Saya

The new Monterey Melt is chock-full of the stuff you expect fast food to be chock-full of: calories (1130), fat (74 grams), carbs (58 grams) and cholesterol (170 mg). But you know what really knocked me off my chair? The sodium count -- 4050 milligrams of sodium! That feels like All the Sodium in the World, frankly, and it's contained in one single sandwich.

why

Viewt

Fuckin love Whataburger. It's so cheap!

Their Honey Chicken Biscuit is also good as hell.

I live in Chicago now, so there's no way to get it, unfortunately. But man, when I lived in Tallahassee, it was a staple.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Arguably the best fast food burger chain.

Even those who disagree would agree it's pretty high up there. It's mostly a Texas thing, but they're also all over the South and AZ.

Wow they’ve really expanded. I vaguely remember it being mostly Texas and Oklahoma.

I hope they go nationwide honestly

That looks gross, I still want to try Whataburger though.

Its not amazing, but for the price and quality and availability, it was the best thing when you were a college student. Multiple that by the infinite degree if you went to the bars and had the munchies afterwards.

I'm from Nevada and what's Whataburger

You have a picture of Austin's own Daniel Ricciardo and you don't know of the greatness that is Whataburger? It's a Texas tradition, up there with the In'n'Out and Shake Shacks of the world.

Tots forever!

I didn't know about the Chorizo burger, now that I do I am conflicted with the reality that one man can only eat so much. For now I must decide the fate of my stomach.

I was scared when I read the title, but luckily I'm still in that region. Only thing I ever order the few times I treat myself to Whataburger!

I can't believe I use to hate whataburger without even trying it when I was a kid. Everyone I knew called it "water burger" and in my kid selfs mind I didn't want a burger made of water because it wouldn't have any flavor. It wasn't until I was in high school until I actually tried it. I lost so many years not eating it but I more than made up for it in college lol.

Haines

Banned
Never had whata

Had shake shack and would be shocked if it was even better

Five guys only thing we have here and it's solid.

abundant

Well, that blows. I tried one last month and liked it. At least the Green Chile Double is still available in Albuquerque.

Top Bottom