• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4: Island Living reveal. Releases on June 21st for PC

Mista

Banned

The Sims 4: Island Living will have some brand new things unseen in previous titles or expansions. This includes open-water environments and activities–believe it or not, you were never able to enter “open water” (as compared to a pool) and swim, jetski, etc. Or you can befriend a dolphin, despite their track record of committing crimes. But hey, we aren’t your boss and can’t pick your friends.

On the other end, there is a taste of apocalyptic. On the island is a live volcano that you can decide to live by. However, wary gamers may note that this may lead to debris and lava getting a bit too close for comfort.

On the beach, players can build sandcastles, get sunburnt, and more beach-front activity. The island will terraform over time; if you take care of the island and ocean around you, the island will thrive along with its ecosystem. This means more lush greenery and butterflies. Oh, and you can create a mermaid.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Day one purchase because I'm married and my wife needs more accessories...

How my wife plays with every new expansion:
1. Starts a new game, creates me, her, our 3 cats (takes about an hour -mainly for her character creation)
2. Spends 5 minutes repeatedly typing in the money cheat code so she has a bajillion simoleans?
3. Spends several days building/customizing a house
4. Forgets she ever played this game until the next expansion

Fuck you Origin

Hari Seldon

Day one purchase because I'm married and my wife needs more accessories...

How my wife plays with every new expansion:
1. Starts a new game, creates me, her, our 3 cats (takes about an hour -mainly for her character creation)
2. Spends 5 minutes repeatedly typing in the money cheat code so she has a bajillion simoleans?
3. Spends several days building/customizing a house
4. Forgets she ever played this game until the next expansion

Fuck you Origin

Install the sexy-time mods and the drug mods and see if she plays longer haha.

Sybrix

Havnt played The Sims since The Sims 2, this trailer looked really good, might take a look at Sims 4.

Found this gem to while i was feeling nostalgic :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
YY7kT8S.png

DiscoJer

I was a big fans of The Sims 1 and 2. I skipped 3 and got back into it when they gave away 4 for free a couple weeks ago.

The building aspect of Sims 4 is improved over Sims 2, but the depth to sims seem worse. Like there's no memories anymore.

I liked Sims 3's Island Paradise despite the massive bloat. I'm somewhat interested in 4's take on it but it's just not going to be the same without 3's open world.

Top Bottom