• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shadowrun Trilogy is coming to consoles in June - PS4/Switch/Xbox and Game Pass

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The Shadowrun Trilogy comprises 3 cult tactical RPG games taking place in a dystopian cyberpunk future in which magic has re-awakened, bringing back to life creatures of high fantasy. Initially created as a tabletop RPG over 30 years ago, this one-of-a-kind setting that has gained a huge cult following during the past three decades.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I somehow missed the announcement of this.

I'm legitimately excited to play this as I've only played the SNES and Genesis games.

Topher

Gold Member
These are really good tactical RPGs. Great addition for Game Pass (and consoles).

Edit: Thought it just said Game Pass. PS4, Switch, and Xbox? Even better.

Last edited:
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

SpiceRacz

I only played the first one and it was honestly pretty boring. Can't remember anything from it other than Jake from the SNES version shows up.

Esca

Good games from what I remember. I would of picked this up if they put in the SNES and genesis games in it

Jennings

This is great news. I own a couple of these on PC but only game on Xbox nowadays. I look forward to finally finishing them.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Is this the game on the 360 that had ninjas and magic and vampires and fuck knows what else??
Same universe, different games. You're thinking of the FPS set in the Shadowrun universe, which played like Counter-Strike with magic and high tech abilities. Fairly fun game actually that had a small but hardcore community that refused to die and lasted for like 10+ years. I would jump back into Shadowrun every now and then and I was always suprised that there were still people playing it years down the line. Hell, there are people probably even playing it to this day.

Also, 25% off if you pre-order the Shadowrun Trilogy. I kinda gave up that this series would ever be ported to console. Cool that it's happening though as they are solid RPGs.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Available today, the Shadowrun Trilogy is a collection of three critically acclaimed role-playing games in the iconic fantasy-cyberpunk Shadowrun setting,

All three games have been updated for playstation with upscaled graphics, improved performance, and controller-optimized gameplay

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
MS is just like Saudi Golf tour at tis time just throwing money out to anything with a name and hoping anything moves the needle. But when you have a black hole of $$$$, I mean what would you do? Reminder BIG $$$ Corp are bad or so I'm told.

Last edited:

shubik

Got it yesterday and extremely exited to start it. Heard a lot of good things about the series.

Is it important to play it chronologically?

Kagey K

Banned
Got it yesterday and extremely exited to start it. Heard a lot of good things about the series.

Is it important to play it chronologically?
They are individual stories. Lots of people say Shadowrun Returns is the weakest, but I feel like if you skip it it'll be hard to go back to due to QOL improvements.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
MS is just like Saudi Golf tour at tis time just throwing money out to anything with a name and hoping anything moves the needle. But when you have a black hole of $$$$, I mean what would you do? Reminder BIG $$$ Corp are bad or so I'm told.
Four day 1 Gamepass releases in the last week, and all were highly anticipated by me. (6 if you count this as 3 games) I don't care if it's bad for them, because it's great for me.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
These were quite good but I dunno if they feel like console games to me. I actually thought they were a pretty good fit on tablets.

Kagey K

Banned
fuck yea PC exclusive comes to console.
Jesus I've never seen a whinier bunch of babies crying about echklusives, than I have around here.

Olay the games you like, ignore the ones you don't and who the fuck cares if people not on your prefered device can play them.
These were quite good but I dunno if they feel like console games to me. I actually thought they were a pretty good fit on tablets.
They reworked the control scheme for console, now you run your guy around the map instead of clicking where you want him to end up.

Jennings

The Xbox port runs like shiiiiiiiit. Don't spend money on this unless they patch out the glaring performance issues. If they ever fix the stutters and pauses on Xbox the games themselves are great.

I don't know how well it's running on Playstation or Switch

Kagey K

Banned
The Xbox port runs like shiiiiiiiit. Don't spend money on this unless they patch out the glaring performance issues. If they ever fix the stutters and pauses on Xbox the games themselves are great.

Heard it's worse on both.

I have VRR so hopefully I'm OK, didn't get to play it tonight because I was checking out High Isles.

Either way it can't be worse than the Snes or Sega Games were.

jaysius

Banned
These games are a little hard to get into, turn based gaming has evolved since these games came out, and it's somewhat painful. Wasteland was better.

SJRB

Gold Member

What the fuck, really? How is that even possible.

That sucks.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Weird hype about these old ports? I got it as a free giveaway on Epic store 2 years ago. Very outdated games.

I can't imagine playing this on consoles with all the games coming out 😅

shubik

Weird hype about these old ports? I got it as a free giveaway on Epic store 2 years ago. Very outdated games.

What games? :D The next games that are on my list are coming end of the year. Really happy to jump into this little collection to kill some time

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.

Why are you so amused at your own lack of vision?

Related: Spend 4 hours on SHADOWRUN:RETURNS tonite. Never played a Shadowrun game before. Is it old fashioned in a lot of ways? Sure, it's a 2016 game that was already built to feel more like a game from the late 90's.

But it's also super compelling. Really interesting story and characters; solid fun combat. Totally digging it so far.

Last edited:
I've played it on PC, backed them all, and when SwitchUp said performance was awesome, so I picked it up for a replay. Then NintendoLife said performance was absolutely abysmal, barely playable.
Good times.

T-Cake

The first game is decent but missing some qol features in the second one. I played 1 as a mod for 2, to get around that

Interesting. I've only played the first one. I did start the second but it didn't seem to grip me as much but I maybe only did about an hour. I wish these were all on PlayStation+ though, I'm not really an achievement person but I do love my trophies.

_Ex_

This will be cool as long as the font is user scalable. All too often WRPG ports to console end up with micro fonts that can't be adjusted.

Top Bottom