• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 slim disk edition is FUGLY!

LordOfChaos

I'm not particularly seeing the video backing up what you're laying down, the point is despite not being as small as other Slims it's decidedly smaller and likely more than you think?

I will say it's underwhelming, and the price hike + nickel and diming suck, but it's whatever, it is what it is, I don't dislike it just like I didn't dislike the OG apart from being a tad too big. My main hope is that it's only quieter than every revision before and has no weird acoustic regressions for being smaller and reportedly ditching liquid metal.

Last edited:

Trekinspace88

Neo Member
Well what do you expect them to do? We are not going to get slim consoles that look like the PS2 slim again due to the need for fans/heat sinks to cool the modern cpus/gpus etc. They also wouldn't change the design all that much either for example look at the PS4 slim yes it was smaller but still had similar design aesthetic to it.

The only current console that i don't like the look of is the Series X and i only don't like the design as it is way to fat and looks like a silly fridge. Heck both consoles don't look as cool as the ones that came before unless they come up with a new way to design much smaller consoles that can still have excellent cooling we are stuck with designs like these.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
As long as I can fit the digital slim in my backpack I'll probably get one once they come to their senses and back off of that price increase. I'll probably also buy a couple of the add on drives and keep them on the shelf because something tells me they'll be in demand later.

phaedrus

Knockout Pain GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Solidus_T

I don't like that crevice in the plate of the slim, but it is much smaller so I'll give them that. Overall, I want to trade in my fat PS5 for a slim or a pro if that ever comes out.

Three

I've got to agree that the disc version looks ugly. Asymmetry is engraved in us to look ugly. What i don't get is the tangential rant about "anticonsumer" 😄

The fact that ugly bulge exists is pro consumer. I hope they never get rid of it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Remember Sony consoles are extremely well done, and are defended by fanboys. Look at the ps3, no console is on its level. PS5 is exactly what a console should look like.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to the tear down of this new revision. I love my original PS5 disc edition, but these shrunken down models look really cheap budget to me. I hope the PS5 Pro has a premium look to it and nothing like the new models.

Top Bottom