• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE premiere PS4 Madden 16 league aka Casual has returned

thomasbk

Trade agreement alert!

Bills send:
-QB Tyrod Taylor, 72 ovr, 26yrs old, 87 spd, 87 agi, 92 acc.
-5th round pick

Packers send:
-QB Brett Hundley, 71 ovr, 22 yrs old, 85spd, 83 agi, 87 acc

We have advanced to Week 3 guys. Scouting has officially opened up now guys so make sure you start scouting. You will lose half of your scouting points that you fail to use each week. The days of waiting to seasons end to scout to your hearts content is now over.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I'm going to try and stick it out as I know people have quit and we aren't full, but I don't think I am long for this Madden world. The game just fucking sucks and it's a bore/chore to play. I love how they included the ability to quick adjust defenders without having to be actually on that defender.. except that on 99% of plays, that defender you wanna hot route isn't available to quick adjust, even though he's right there, in the secondary, playing coverage. So by the time you realize he's invisible to the game and try to cycle over there, whoops, balls snapped and you're sitting there with your dick in your hand probably controlling your one deep defender.

My biggest problem with the game thus far is it seems to penalize you for not engaging Madden's latest gimmick, which is of course the new passing controls and receiving mechanics. I understand Jay Cutler might not be the best QB in the NFL, but he's not going to throw the ball 20 yards out of bounds unpressured and standing perfectly still in the pocket, just because the game thinks I am "under pressure" (with, again, no one breaking through the line or anywhere near me).

I have Kevin White running wide open to the sideline on a corner route. I hold his icon to bullet it, instead I get the "lob pass" message, which I thought you had to hold an entirely different button while pressing the receiver button to activate. Instead of an easy completion in FG range, Earl Thomas makes it from midfield to the sideline and picks it off. Because apparently in this new rock, paper, scissors Madden minigame, if you guess wrong, your guy pretty much just lays there and lets the defender take it. So when I held White's button and expected a bullet and knew I had about .5 seconds to pick possession catch (since after all, it was supposed to bullet the ball and Cutler has like 98 THP), I guess my opponent when to play the ball, which resulted in White instead of trying to make a sure handed possession catch, just kind of fell into the welcoming bosom of Earl, and allowed him to catch the ball.

So later in the 4th when I have a third down and again call a similar route knowing what defense my opponent would pick again and knowing it would be wide open, I went for a bullet pass again, but this time knew I would not even try to dictate the catch. I would not play rock, paper, scissors again. So I hold his icon, Cutler zips it right to him. White catches it with plenty of room to complete the catch. He gets one foot down, then literally LEAPS in the air to avoid putting his 2nd foot in bounds, as if Madden is literally telling me that hey, fuck you, you WILL engage in my shenanigans. It's not like strategizing and setting up a perfect play against the coverage I know was good enough. No, I literally need to tell and NFL player that he needs to try and make a possession catch to get both feet in bounds. That hey, NFL guy, if you put one foot down and then leap out of bounds, you're not going to get the catch. And that's not even touching the fact that on most quick passes like that, the button you hit doesn't even register. Hey HB on a screen, sorry you caught the pass and then just stood there waiting for you to turn yourself around and run up field. I didn't hit square in time. My bad.

Man Madden used to be so good. Even as recent as 3-4 years ago it was good. Now win or lose it's just a shitty grind.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Since I am garbage with the run game anyway I'll trade Matthew Forte for a 2nd or 3rd if anyone needs a good back who can catch the ball.

It's been a long process for me to get better acclimated with this years game as well. What's helped me is playing more basic then years past. I find pretty much most routes that worked Last madden are nowhere near as effective this year.

The Indianapolis Colts and Carolina Panthers have come to a trade agreement. The Panthers Trade DT Kawann Short to the Colts for WR TY Hilton which has been approved by the Trade Committee

The Ravens and Panthers have come to a trade agreement. The Ravens trade DT Carl Davis and WR Terrelle Pryor to the Panthers for WR Devin Funchess which has been approved by the Trade Committee

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Does that mean you accept the trade? (I didn't see a trade in game) If you do then :

Trade committee:

Bills trade LeSean McCoy 89ovr 27yrs old
Bears trade Matt Forte 91ovr 29yrs old

Uh, I thought you were joking, so I was joking. Then our commish replied worried I was serious so I joked some more.

It's ok though, I accept. Maybe he will work better for me than Forte did.

thomasbk

Trade proposal v2.0

Bills send WR Marquise Goodwin (69 ovr 95 spd 96cc) and a 5th round pick.

Jaguars send 2nd round pick (probably like 64th overall)

SUSPENSION NOTICE: The New England Patriots will be forced to sit TE Rob Gronkowski for 1 game for breaking the sportsmanship rules by scoring TD's in the 4th Qtr being up more then 21 pts.

Top Bottom