• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Plucky Squire (PC, PS5, Xbox Series, Switch) | Teeny Little Super Guy: The Videogame

ckaneo

Kind of reminds me of it takes two. Where we see a small developer with the inventiveness and creativity of a Nintendo game. Might be GOTY like that game was as well. Excited for this.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

WTF is this. It looks gorgeous. And I wasn't keeping track of it all.

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Impotaku

What a magical looking game:messenger_smiling_hearts:
For sure will be one of the top games of this year, can't wait to play it at 4K. Nintendon't is no longer the most creative and original out there.
The game looks amazing it's been one of my most eagerly wanted games since the trailer first dropped. However these mechanics have already been used by nintendo a couple of times spanning right back to the gamecube with super paper mario & more recently mario oddyssey so not exactly super original or creative but in the grander scheme yeah compared to the sea of bland crap thats churned out nowadays this does look special. Just wish it was already released now but it's better it's not rushed & released all broken so i can be patient.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
The game looks amazing it's been one of my most eagerly wanted games since the trailer first dropped. However these mechanics have already been used by nintendo a couple of times spanning right back to the gamecube with super paper mario & more recently mario oddyssey so not exactly super original or creative but in the grander scheme yeah compared to the sea of bland crap thats churned out nowadays this does look special. Just wish it was already released now but it's better it's not rushed & released all broken so i can be patient.
Super Paper Mario was on the Wii. Copying something from Nintendo is a good thing because they tend not to repeat themselves very often.

Impotaku

Super Paper Mario was on the Wii. Copying something from Nintendo is a good thing because they tend not to repeat themselves very often.
Super paper mario was a gamecube game, it was developed right at the final part of the gamecubes lifecycle however they must have thought that it would bomb on the gamecube so they cancelled the release and moved it over to the wii instead.

Mr Hyde

Plucky Squire look amazing. Very original and unique in the way it switches from 2D to 3D. I hope it comes out good and makes a big splash. We need more originality.

CamHostage

Looks great. Make sure you all play Tinykin as well if you want a great 3d platformer in a house. Highly recommended.

Heh, this is a repeat dual-suggestion from P1 of this thread, but if you need a game over the wait for Plucky Squire, also check out RPG Time: The Legend of Wright

The game looks amazing it's been one of my most eagerly wanted games since the trailer first dropped. However these mechanics have already been used by nintendo a couple of times spanning right back to the gamecube with super paper mario & more recently mario oddyssey so not exactly super original or creative...

Eh, it's a creative well that can quench a lot of gaming thirsts, and has been drawn from many times before in different forms- Micro Machines, Army Men, Comix Zone, etc. I'm not worried that a "Paper Mario'like" might emerge as its own genre, there's room and PM will always still stand out as special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom