• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Game Dev Hardware The PlayStation 5 Is Starting to Look Like the Revolution It Promised

HoofHearted

Oct 28, 2020
I asked you specific Qs. At first you deflected by insulting me instead of further engaging in discussion. Now you're back to being hyperbolic and pinpointing the amount of games instead of the things I asked.

Hmmm. Wonder why.
I answered your questions directly - you either didn’t comprehend my answers or just ignored my response - you’ve yet to answer my only question…

Clearly you either:

Don’t have the console and don’t appreciate an honest opinion from someone who does or, Want to instigate a console war with some random people on the web to defend Sony for some odd reason…

Keep up the good fight … and try to think outside of that plastic box you’re currently living in …

Reactions: Krappadizzle
Jan 6, 2021
I answered your questions directly - you either didn’t comprehend my answers or just ignored my response - you’ve yet to answer my only question…

Clearly you either:

Don’t have the console and don’t appreciate an honest opinion from someone who does or, Want to instigate a console war with some random people on the web to defend Sony for some odd reason…

Keep up the good fight … and try to think outside of that plastic box you’re currently living in …

lmfaooo. This is the way to avoid being wrong now? Pretend you answered the Qs? You literally didn't answer one lmaooooo cmon bro grow up.

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
PS5 already had a great line-up for its launch window and people seem to like it, or at least it has been breaking gaming history sales records and literally don't sell more because they can't produce more. And 99.999% of the people may appreciate them to get a 4K 60fps patch, but if not they don't care.

Launch window games have been enough to reach these record sales, but as you mentioned Ratchet, Horizon 2, GoW and so on are coming.
I can only speak to my opinion, which is what I've done in this thread. But as far as launch line-up, it was almost all cross-gen multiplats. Which I can have an equivalent or better experience on hardware that I already own. I'm not discrediting it being exciting for someone new to the game or used to the old hardware, but it's hardly exciting for ME to be stoked to play AC: Valhalla or Borderlands 3 on a PS5 and the exclusives that make owning a system worth it, just didn't scream to me as must plays.

I'm not sure why some of you are taking my opinion as some authority on speaking for everyone or even Anti-Sony or PC Master Race. I'm simply stating why it's not exciting to me or revolutionary in any real capacity yet. Some people here took offense to my opinion with no real valid counterpoint other than to name-call and dismiss. It is what it is. It's like this at the start of every new generation. There's people that have had better hardware for a while that are less than impressed and then those that have only stuck to what's on offer from the consoles that are crazy excited and then there are a third group of people that are in both camps that can be happy that the new shit exists and still not be excited with what is currently on offer.

Jan 16, 2020
I can only speak to my opinion, which is what I've done in this thread. But as far as launch line-up, it was almost all cross-gen multiplats. Which I can have an equivalent or better experience on hardware that I already own. I'm not discrediting it being exciting for someone new to the game or used to the old hardware, but it's hardly exciting for ME to be stoked to play AC: Valhalla or Borderlands 3 on a PS5 and the exclusives that make owning a system worth it, just didn't scream to me as must plays.

I'm not sure why some of you are taking my opinion as some authority on speaking for everyone or even Anti-Sony or PC Master Race. I'm simply stating why it's not exciting to me or revolutionary in any real capacity yet. Some people here took offense to my opinion with no real valid counterpoint other than to name-call and dismiss. It is what it is. It's like this at the start of every new generation. There's people that have had better hardware for a while that are less than impressed and then those that have only stuck to what's on offer from the consoles that are crazy excited and then there are a third group of people that are in both camps that can be happy that the new shit exists and still not be excited with what is currently on offer.

Tbf you did start it off by telling people who don't have the same opinion as you to get a reality check

Reactions: thewire

Hezekiah

Jul 16, 2020
True revolution brings out the worst in people

Especially the PC guys
PC gamers who also play/accept consoles are fine. I've said many times that having a gaming PC and a Playstation brings the best gaming experience in terms of performance and quality of games.

It's the snooty PC owners who change their GPU and CPU every 18 months and feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone about it that are the problem.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Tbf you did start it off by telling people who don't have the same opinion as you to get a reality check
I literally said:
if they were honest with themselves they'd admit that PS5 is essentially a new system that really is good for playing PS4 games at the moment. It's gonna be a while before we see exciting, new, groundbreaking games that make the purchase worth it for already existing PS4 owners.
If people want to interpret that as a slight/insult, I can't stop them from doing that. I'm excited for the start of the generation, just not excited enough yet. It's hardly the "revolution" as the article in the OP states at the moment. It may and probably will be revolutionary in the future, but as it stands, it's not.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
I literally said:

If people want to interpret that as a slight/insult, I can't stop them from doing that. I'm excited for the start of the generation, just not excited enough yet.

So, people who don't think the same way as you are lying to themselves

That's not exactly what i'd call respectful. You can have your opinion but you can't sit here and pretend there wasn't some smugness involved

Last edited:
Reactions: thewire

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
So, people who don't think the same way as you are lying to themselves

That's not exactly what i'd call respectful

I mean...again. It's just my opinion, I'm not authority on how people will feel. Just how I would feel if I had a PS5. I'd be using my PS5 to play PS4 games. I simply would, my biggest complaint across all the PS4 games I own is the awful performance in some of the exclusives. I'd be playing those same games again on my PS5, I'd still be playing all other multiplats on my PC and the few exclusive PS5 games. Again, those few PS5 exclusives don't pull to me as must-have's and simply going back to play PS4 games doesn't make it an exciting purchase to me either. Not much more I can say.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020

I mean...again. It's just my opinion, I'm not authority on how people will feel. Just how I would feel if I had a PS5. I'd be using my PS5 to play PS4 games. I simply would, my biggest complaint across all the PS4 games I own is the awful performance in some of the exclusives. I'd be playing those same games again on my PS5, I'd still be playing all other multiplats on my PC and the few exclusive PS5 games. Again, those few PS5 exclusives don't pull to me as must-have's and simply going back to play PS4 games doesn't make it an exciting purchase to me either. Not much more I can say.

Well all i'm saying is if you don't want the pushback just stick to giving your own views on the console and avoid talking down on others for their views

Reactions: EDMIX and thewire

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Well all i'm saying is if you don't want the pushback just stick to giving your own views on the console and avoid talking down on others for their views
Where have I talked down? You could maybe make the argument that I've been dismissive to some, but that's usually at those that are just trying to throw out terrible insults and refusing to even acknowledge any perspective other than their own.

I don't mind the pushback, sometimes we'll get some well reasoned and well written counter arguments, but one must usually wade through the, "lol, your dumb" arguments first, which I'm fine with. Is what it is. This place would be boring if we all just agreed with each other.

I disagree with Bryank75 Bryank75 ALL the time, but I love that he's a die-hard Sony fan and wears that shit on his sleeve. I know what to expect from him and can make my arguments counter to that with that understanding. I don't mind fanboyism, I DO get annoyed with blind-fanboyism, but it's to be expected on enthusiast forums. I don't like blind-fanboyism because it leads to acceptance of whatever is given, when if we can criticize things that should be criticized than we can get better products from developers and publishers.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Bryank75
Jan 16, 2020
Where have I talked down? You could maybe make the argument that I've been dismissive to some, but that's usually at those that are just trying to throw out terrible insults and refusing to even acknowledge any perspective other than their own.

I don't mind the pushback, sometimes we'll get some well reasoned and well written counter arguments, but one must usually wade through the, "lol, your dumb" arguments first, which I'm fine with. Is what it is. Place would be boring if we all just agreed with each other.

Your first post that I highlighted before

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMIX

Alebrije

Feb 25, 2010
Revolutionariy vs PS4 :

SSHD
Dual sense
3d audio
Ray tracing

The rest are just regular generation improvements. for me PS5 has some.great new aspects and consider it a better jump than the one we got from.PS3 to PS4.

Hezekiah

Jul 16, 2020
He has no clue. He think if he's got a 5gb/s NVME and steam installed Outriders instantly loads into the game level like Spiderman, Returnal, or Demons souls.

The fact he thinks they are the same is the reason I put him on ignore. He could not show me games on PC or examples of the same tech in use in a PC title. Which is what I asked multiple times.
Yeah I have a Samsung 980 Pro and the loading times, while improved over a HDD are slightly disappointing.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Mar 8, 2021
reads like a puff piece. smells like a puff piece. 🤷‍♀️

gotta give it to Jimbo, at least they are doing some PR.
It is good to see competition competitng.
this is sony, not microsoft.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
The article in the OP if a fluff piece with no real substance. Sorry I can't be a part of your echo chamber that apparently no-one wants, but hates or dogpiles on any dissenting opinion. What should anyone else say in regards to the OP? YAY! Yippeee! SO MUCH WIN! I mean...what would be a better point of discussion for you that is more appropriate in relation to the O.P? Ya'll want discussion as long as it's comments that are only praising whatever fluff piece is being peddled. Befuddled indeed.
This is not a dissenting opinion but mocking rambling, making up straw men (“people only accept pure praise of fluff pieces” as if you were out there attacking every article of the kind… hint: you are not, your allergic reaction to such articles seems quite targeted…) refusing to listen and engage with people… while talking about echo chambers :rolleyes:.

Not saying you are shitting on the HW and you must love it, I personally think that even the games that have released so far (disagree on Astrobot being “just a demo” as a pejorative btw, it is a must play in and of itself for me) and are releasing now (R&C) do make a pretty good use case for getting the console (the UHD Blu-Ray playback, enhanced BC, and next gen patches for some games are the cherry on top).

Most consoles in their first year have a very very similar output of pure next generation exclusives. Not sure why this is called out so strongly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krappadizzle