• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886. Worth it for £8.99?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Absolutely not in my opinion. Game is trash.
The graphics are great, but rest everything has design choices which make you want to tear your hair out.

When the game is that cheap, is it really necessary to make a thread about it? How much risk is involved in actually buying it for 9 quid?

With that said, I enjoyed the game. The graphics were top notch at launch, and the gameplay is good.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I bought it for about 20€ and enjoyed it. Mostly the graphics, you can do wonders with the photomode. Game almost feels like a tech demo for the PS4. ;)

psygn0sis

Yup I'm a big fan of games that are willing to take risks and are story driven. I just went on the USA psn store and got The Order 1886, Nex Machina and Get Even for under $20.00.

Quite pleased with that. Two interesting games and a brilliant bullet hell from House Marque, a great dev. :)

Nex Machina is one of the best games of this gen :)

I enjoyed it. It was ambitious.

For me it was the story that did not hit for me. The game play I really liked. And the graphics are gorgeous.

ethomaz

Banned
I paid way less than that two years ago.

It is interesting to see how a demo with bad gameplay plays.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
thumb_absol-utely-halolz-dot-com-pokemon-absolutely-roblox-48901647.png

Gargus

Banned
It's short but pretty sweet. I liked the game pretty well and enjoyed the story. And the game as a whole stands up quite well considering it's an older game this generation.

Malcolm9

The game is more than worth that, the amount of hate it gets is unjustified. The game has flaws like most games, but it is a great tight single player experience, a recommended pallet cleanser of the endless amount of open world games.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I sadly bought this at launch, full price, believing the hype...

It just got old, fast. The graphics were superb, but man, it was copy paste city in places.

It’s a shame because I feel the game was sorta pushed out to die, like it could have been more but they didn’t allow it to be?

I do still hope it gets another shot in the future. Much worse games have come out and had good sequels.

Plus it’s a cinematic heavy third person shooter so you know that’s right up sonys street.

Valonquar

The utter incompleteness of the narritive, and lack of more than one boss battle that gets reused multiple times (including as a final boss fight) made this beautifully rendered game suck.

LostDonkey

Its an alright game but I got to a warehouse section with snipers. Clearer them all out and it still said I had one left but I could never find him. I looked for a long long time, more than once and never could so I gave in. Figures it was a glitch. Never finished it.

I happily paid full price on launch date and never had a single regret. It's absolutely worth it, OP. I enjoyed every minute of it, you are in for a treat.

Shmunter

It’s a stop and pop cover shooter that looks amazing but is not upto the standard of Gears Of War in the gameplay department.

Top Bottom