• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Official Reveal with Gameplay

This is the first game I've seen where the recommended specs match almost exactly what I have, usually they are much lower. Excited to try it out.

Bartski

Gold Member
Even if it plays like some kind of a Silent Hill clone, it's about time we got one looking this good. Big fan of Beksinski and the setting.
Should be a nice change of pace in between Demon's Souls in December, day one!

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Sooo, is XSX have somethimg meaningful on its launch ? No ? So PS5 it is.

jkC.gif

LOL ?
Demon souls, HFW,GOW2,R&C,SM;MM just in first year is HUGE. Xbox has nothing beside Halo in first 1 so yeah...
Right so I know this is bait, but we got... The Ascent, The Medium, Crossfire X, Halo (whenever that comes out), and a couple of other things. My issue with the PS5 right now that most of the things will be multiplatform (Paying 70USD for a DES remake is kinda ...meh), and paying 70USD for a Spiderman remake and a expansion pack is also not something I would call EARTH Shatteringly good line up for an exclusive hardware. GOW2 looks fun but if it does come out for PS4 ... why bother.

I like Gamepass. I spend money on a console and I can play brand new games for a low monthly fee. Cry all you want about games ownership, but spending 70USD for a game is right now not the most best thing to do with COVID around.

Funny thing is MS is actually doing some interesting stuff with Auto-HDR and quick resume. Sony has... a fast SSD cool. Anything else besides the haptic feedback gimmick ?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Right so I know this is bait, but we got... The Ascent, The Medium, Crossfire X, Halo (whenever that comes out), and a couple of other things. My issue with the PS5 right now that most of the things will be multiplatform (Paying 70USD for a DES remake is kinda ...meh), and paying 70USD for a Spiderman remake and a expansion pack is also not something I would call EARTH Shatteringly good line up for an exclusive hardware. GOW2 looks fun but if it does come out for PS4 ... why bother.

I like Gamepass. I spend money on a console and I can play brand new games for a low monthly fee. Cry all you want about games ownership, but spending 70USD for a game is right now not the most best thing to do with COVID around.

Funny thing is MS is actually doing some interesting stuff with Auto-HDR and quick resume. Sony has... a fast SSD cool. Anything else besides the haptic feedback gimmick ?
The Ascent is 2021. Here is the full list

The Ascent is 2021. Here is the full list
Can I just say you made me sad :( I was looking forward to that game in 2020 :(

Concern

LOL ?
Demon souls, HFW,GOW2,R&C,SM;MM just in first year is HUGE. Xbox has nothing beside Halo in first 1 so yeah...

Out of that list all besides DS (which i think is probably timed) and RC, all are coming to ps4. GOW2 more than likely isn't coming 2021. That would be only 3 years of dev time since the last released.

Go troll elsewhere

zaitsu

Banned
Out of that list all besides DS (which i think is probably timed) and RC, all are coming to ps4. GOW2 more than likely isn't coming 2021. That would be only 3 years of dev time since the last released.

Go troll elsewhere
They might coming to PS4. Thats still better than nothing coming to XSX/XO

GrayChild

The vast majority of survival horror games can be completed in 8-10 hours. Hell, you can finish most of the classic Resident Evil games in 5-6 hours even on your first try.

We definitely don't need more bloated games which are all about the quantity. If anything, RE6 should have already shown us what happens when you try to extend the length of a game by adding tons of unnecessary and tedious bullshit.

Last edited:
The vast majority of survival horror game can be completed in 8-10 hours. Hell, you can finish most of the classic Resident Evil games in 5-6 hours even on your first try.

We definitely don't need more bloated games which are all about the quantity. If anything, RE6 should have already shown us what happens when you try to extend the length of a game by adding tons of unnecessary and tedious bullshit.

Yeah, we need more shorter games. 90% of games I play overstay their welcome. Even good games, I find myself hoping the game is reaching the end soon by the time I'm about halfway through.

This and Tunic are my most anticipated Series X games.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
The vast majority of survival horror games can be completed in 8-10 hours. Hell, you can finish most of the classic Resident Evil games in 5-6 hours even on your first try.

I'm all for shorter games in a lot of cases. I just think there's some humor to be found from the members around here who called Miles Morales "DLC" because it's only 8-10 hours long but they probably sleep with Medium-branded pillows.

Arachnid

Confirmed to be a walking sim? I thought it was supposed to be more like Silent Hill.
Not exactly. Unfortunately, there's no combat. There are puzzles though, which is good. That, the otherworld, and Akira are the only things this game seems to have in common with SH.

Top Bottom