• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian spinoffs Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic announced for Disney+

GreyHorace

These tv shows should have been made first to build a general lore towards potential sequel trilogy. Now these are just basically damage control shows, which they still sound neat. So uh... we getting Ezra Bridger episodes righ ?

They could potentially erase the Sequel trilogy going forward. At least that's my hope. But with Kween Kathleen still in charge it doesn't seem likely.

GreyHorace

They're going to take the one good thing they did with the IP and ruin it already? Impressive.

It could be good, since both Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are in charge of these projects. They both did a fantastic job with The Mandalorian so at least there's reason to be hopeful.

There's still a chance that they could fuck it up anyway and I'm not denying that. But for now I'm more optimistic.

They're going to take the one good thing they did with the IP and ruin it already? Impressive.
Nah, I am optimistic with those.
Filoni and Favreau know what they are doing.

Not any idea on those other twenty Star Wars related products they wanna shit out over the next years, though.

Im meh, Ashoka i would watch but rangers? I assume it will just be minorities flying xwings and helping other minorities while fighting the all white empire

GreyHorace

Im meh, Ashoka i would watch but rangers? I assume it will just be minorities flying xwings and helping other minorities while fighting the all white empire

It's rumored Cara Dune will be the lead in Rangers, given her new status as Marshal of the New Republic. And Gina Carano's not exactly popular with the woke crowd.

Ballthyrm

It really depends which team is associated with which project as Stiflers Mom Stiflers Mom said.
It looks like Disney is throwing shit at the wall and see what's stick.

There is a good chance that most of the new shows will get cancelled after one season.

I don't worry too much about Ashoka though as it's Filoni's baby, no way they are going to drop the ball on that one.
Same with the bad batch series as they are using the team that did the clone wars.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
So far the Mandaloria has been nothing but excellent. If Filoni and Favreau are having the same level of involvement, I trust these guys to make some good shows.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just one year ago:

“I just think that we might’ve put a little bit too much in the marketplace too fast,” Iger recently told the New York Times.”

Now:

“Fuck it, jam that SW button ten times”

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Just one year ago:

“I just think that we might’ve put a little bit too much in the marketplace too fast,” Iger recently told the New York Times.”

Now:

“Fuck it, jam that SW button ten times”

The fact that Disney+ isn't even available in all countries yet makes their decision to move most of their Star Wars media on the service bizzare. It's not even available here in Southeast Asia. So I've had to watch The Mandalorian through ...other means.

Come on Disney. There are a lot of Star Wars fans here in my part of the world who would love to watch this stuff. You want to make money right?

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Man Disney is going crazy with marvel and SW and I’m gonna consume all of it. Not to excited about this one but we’ll see.

The fact that Disney+ isn't even available in all countries yet makes their decision to move most of their Star Wars media on the service bizzare. It's not even available here in Southeast Asia. So I've had to watch The Mandalorian through ...other means.

Come on Disney. There are a lot of Star Wars fans here in my part of the world who would love to watch this stuff. You want to make money right?

Star Wars has been a notoriously dead dog in Asian territories. Japan being pretty much the only place there that has some ok success, for the most part Star Wars does barely any business there and it seems they stopped caring after trying to push it hard in the recent years and falling flat.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Don't believe everything (actually anything) that retard Doomcock says.
rF67zu0.gif

GreyHorace

Star Wars has been a notoriously dead dog in Asian territories. Japan being pretty much the only place there that has some ok success, for the most part Star Wars does barely any business there and it seems they stopped caring after trying to push it hard in the recent years and falling flat.

Huh. Well I can certainly understand that. Back when the prequels came out here in the Philippines they didn't exactly make audiences excited. The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings trilogy are what people were looking forward to watch in the cinema.

I remember when people said the same thing about Disney erasing the Prequels, then we get a TV series with weekly Prequel references in it.

Maybe it's because the Sequel trilogy failed to connect with fans and the merchandising sales (especially toys) bombed? Remember what the venerated Schwartz Master Yoghurt said:

Last edited:
Have you seen his other persona? WARNING It's literal nazi shit:
Brrrrrr.

I just laugh when I see "KATHLEEN KEEEENNEEEDYYY FIRED!!!" once a week in my youtube feed.
That dude makes a living out of shitting on Star Wars in each and every form and Star Trek.

Was fun and he had a point while the sequels ruined everything, but when he didn't stop after Mando started, it was hard not to see what his Schtick really is.

Lokimaru

Rangers of the New Republic: We Need Mega Zords Now!
Black Ranger: Bantha!
Pink Ranger Mynock!
Blue Ranger: Gundark!
Yellow Ranger: Nexu!
Red Ranger: Rancor!

Top Bottom