• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Long Dark |OT| The True North Strong and Freezing

DO NOT but this game. It is broken on consoles, they are still trying to fix it.

Its still broken? I've got a friend playing on PS4 and it sounds like it's in pretty good shape now.

What issues are left?

How broken we talking?

There were problems with crashing and save loss in the first week or two but its received a lot of updates and AFAIK they are resolved now.

There was also some quest bugs that could halt progress but it seems like those have been addressed too according to patch notes so I'm not sure specifically what the issue is. Unfortunately I'm on PC so I cant verify any of this

N° 2048

How broken we talking?

Survival for the most part is good on console, you might get a glitched Aurora once in a while though, disappearing items from containers or floors are still a thing. Save games are "fixed" but let's be real, whenever these guys release a patch it fixes one thing and breaks another (usually being saves).

Story mode, I still see reports of game breaking bugs. Mostly quest items not appearing or disappearing. Also story triggers not triggering properly at random.

If you're going to play this game, play Survival but I highly recommend you wait for this to go on sale.

There were problems with crashing and save loss in the first week or two but its received a lot of updates and AFAIK they are resolved now.

There was also some quest bugs that could halt progress but it seems like those have been addressed too according to patch notes so I'm not sure specifically what the issue is. Unfortunately I'm on PC so I cant verify any of this

Survival for the most part is good on console, you might get a glitched Aurora once in a while though, disappearing items from containers or floors are still a thing. Save games are "fixed" but let's be real, whenever these guys release a patch it fixes one thing and breaks another (usually being saves).

Story mode, I still see reports of game breaking bugs. Mostly quest items not appearing or disappearing. Also story triggers not triggering properly at random.

If you're going to play this game, play Survival but I highly recommend you wait for this to go on sale.
Alright, thanks. I've been waiting for the story mode to jump in, so that's a bit alarming. I have other options for stuff to play at the moment so I might wait a little bit and see how things shake out a bit down the road.

JDB

Banned
Man this part of the story mode sucks.
I've been waiting for like a week now for the aurora to show up so I can get into the dam. Who thought this would be a good idea?

Trilobit

Nice update. I've been playing this on my Switch and while it's not nearly as good looking as PC version, I still enjoy it immensely. It's very immersive when I lay in my sofa under a blanket, whilst playing in handheld mode with headphones in the dark.

Top Bottom