• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II first hands-on previews, screenshots, and gameplay

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
steroids is something you can clearly see, most woman that look like a men did it to themselves, or have high testosterone which is rare. Anyway you don't have a eye for it all you have to is go to a gym and look how many woman do you see like that? anyway i'm done wasting my done you probably think this is natural as well.

You still have no facts. just rely on random forum post. At least you tried . :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You still have no facts. just rely on random forum post. At least you tried . :messenger_tears_of_joy:
what facts do you have? even in the UFC which is strict as fuck many fighters got away with using roids, you think a woman starts looking like man body wise along with jaw line from working out naturally? ok buddy have nice day. if she was in the UFC or a somebody she would get exposed in a heart beat.

Last edited:

Holgren

Dude even if a girl works out and does proper diet the majority will not develop a man's muscular physique.

Do you realize that there are different types of workouts, that focus specific types of muscles to create a certain build? The woman physique you talk about is obtained by focusing glutes, legs and shoulders with big weights and high repetition to acquire muscle mass, leaving the other muscles (that provide a more manly physique like the back and biceps) with high repetition but low weights to tone the muscle. Even though this is the ideal female physique that is considered attractive, women can train the "male" muscles to get bigger and look more "manly" for different reasons (be it fighting, bodybuilding, personal aesthetic they want to achieve, etc.), but that doesn't mean they have to use testosterones to achieve it. I bet you huge amounts of money that if any woman did triceps, shoulders and back exercises three times a week with big weights and she is consistent (no need to be an athlete, plenty of people go to the gym three times a week as part of their routine), she can easily obtain the Ellie build you are criticizing as being unachievable to women without testoterones.

It all depends on the workout you do, and believe me that smashing people with a bat uses a lot the shoulder muscle, just as you need pectorals to choke motherfuckers to death with your forearm, Ellie having this physique is nothing extraordinary taking into account what she has to go through in her world. The fact that you don't understand this just goes to show how little you actually know about muscles building and workouts.

Last edited:
Do you realize that there are different types of workouts, that focus specific types of muscles to create a certain build? The woman physique you talk about is obtained by focusing glutes, legs and shoulders with big weights and high repetition to acquire muscle mass, leaving the other muscles (that provide a more manly physique like the back and biceps) with high repetition but low weights to tone the muscle. Even though this is the ideal female physique that is considered attractive, women can train the "male" muscles to get bigger and look more "manly" for different reasons (be it fighting, bodybuilding, personal aesthetic they want to achieve, etc.), but that doesn't mean they have to use testosterones to achieve it. I bet you huge amounts of money that if any woman did triceps, shoulders and back exercises three times a week with big weights and she is consistent (no need to be an athlete, plenty of people go to the gym three times a week as part of their routine), she can easily obtain the Ellie build you are criticizing as being unachievable to women without testoterones.

It all depends on the workout you do, and believe me that smashing people with a bat uses a lot the shoulder muscle, just as you need pectorals to choke motherfuckers to death with your forearm, Ellie having this physique is nothing extraordinary taking into account what she has to go through in her world. The fact that you don't understand this just goes to show how little you actually know about muscles building and workouts.
listen woman don't start looking like men from natural work out. do some research on woman before and after steroids they all started looking like men. this shit is not natural. i was in gym girls were strong we worked out everybody part it was like a cross fit and none looked like men.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
what facts do you have? even in the UFC which is strict as fuck many fighters got away with using roids, you think a woman starts looking like man body wise along with jaw line from working out naturally? ok buddy have nice day.

All women fall under one of three body classifications, or are a combination of types. Mesomorphs tend to be muscular, endomorphs are more rounded and voluptuous and ectomorphs are slim or linear in shape. Mesomorphs respond to strength training by building muscle mass much faster than their ectomorphic counterparts, even though they may be following identical training regimens.

Endomorphs generally need to lose body fat in order to see a change in size or shape as a result of strength training. Ectomorphs are less likely to build muscle mass but will become stronger as a result of resistance training.

Your logic is big bodies = steroids. People have different genetics and women are have bigger bodies than a lot of women and some men.

It's like assuming a woman who has a lot of body fat doesn't workout.
EQrzEA7XYAAxxrs

She has a lot bodyfat and may appear bigger than a lot of female weightlifters.

Your "real life" source isn't enough.

GymWolf

To be fair, i'm watching some screens of ellie's mother and she is not really noticeably more muscolar than ellie...
The real life model is bigger than his digital counterpart.

She is athletic and with good arms muscles,but she is not really HUGE...

Your logic is big bodies = steroids. People have different genetics and women are have bigger bodies than a lot of women and some men.

It's like assuming a woman who has a lot of body fat doesn't workout.
EQrzEA7XYAAxxrs

who know what she's taking but she could be natural, she still retains feminine features , the other girl you can clearly see steroids doing there part in making her look like a man, which is not natural.

She has a lot bodyfat and may appear bigger than a lot of female weightlifters.

Your "real life" source isn't enough.

I said that ones where the face started looking like a man is a dead give away, also the chest basically becomes a mans chest.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I said that ones where the face started looking like a man is a dead give away, also the chest basically becomes a mans chest.
You also said 99% are on steroids, so you basically admit it was possible but you're going to move the goalpost again.

Holgren

listen woman don't start looking like men from natural work out. do some research on woman before and after steroids they all started looking like men. this shit is not natural. i was in gym girls were strong we worked out everybody part it was like a cross fit and none looked like men.

If they focus those specific muscles they do, did you even read what I answered? Cross Fit full body workouts doesn't work as an example since men are more prone to develop big muscles, but if the woman has a high rep/big weight workout of, say bicep/tricep/back (the "Ellie build")she can get as big as dudes with no need of testosterone.

It is more surprising that Ellie isn't even that big either so your outrage is absolutely ridiculous and ignorant, but what else can I expect from someone who bases himself in life experiences and consider physiques only achievable by having an specific gender. May I have a minute of your time to talk about our lord and savior Jesus Christ?

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I always said that it's possible, but it's likely she using 99% steroids.

Then if it's possible you wouldn't continue to argue this point. It's possible which means women can achieve a big masculine body naturally. You can stop now.

Then if it's possible you wouldn't continue to argue this point. It's possible which means women can achieve a big masculine body naturally. You can stop now.
99% of woman can't they would probably have unusual level of testosterone. I mean it s fucking common sense watch UFC for example these woman and men train night and day, but the difference in the way men fight compared to woman is night and day. talking about speed, power and explosiveness.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Well, this thread has sure gotten… interesting.

One thing that bothers me about not only TLoU, but post-apocalyptic fiction in general, is that the creators usually transpose present day social dynamics and values onto a supposedly dystopian, harsh future. For some reason, post-apocalyptic societies (like the one in TLoU, or Horizon ZD) appear to be very egalitarian, with gender and racial dynamics that don‘t look any different than those you would find in any western society today.

But how likely is that? If a society regresses technologically and economically back to the neolithic age (except with guns), shouldn‘t we also expect social dynamics to regress or change to some extent, instead of staying the same as they were the day before the apocalypse? For example, just think what impact the lack of reliable birth control in a post-apocalyptic society would have on sexual and gender dynamics. Shouldn‘t we also expect a rise in religiosity under such harsh circumstances? I mean genuine religiosity and spirituality, not crazy cults.

I really wish someone would try to approach a post-apocalyptic scenario from this angle, because I think the genre in general has become a bit stale.

Sygma

Yeah same, Tlou has too many humans and boring fucking drama on top of a horrible MC to pretend being interesting in the first place

Should have went hardcore monster based game instead with mutations due to the fungus interacting with nature and stuff

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Don't send me anymore messages. I'm not going to continue this conversation (for the last time) because you are ignoring every single bit of evidence that doesn't agree with you.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
would you be upset if they made zelda 2 more like dark souls? we bought the first game, so fans have a right to complain if they want. that video with naughty dog agenda got 29k likes and his channel is pretty small, so obviously fans are upset at the direction naughty dog is going.
If I don’t like it then I won’t buy it but it doesn’t mean devs not allowed to make one. Again ND can whatever they want with their games.

Don't send me anymore messages. I'm not going to continue this conversation (for the last time) because you are ignoring every single bit of evidence that doesn't agree with you.

what ever you can't convince the arrogant. woman start getting manly features and chests just from working out,. the proof is with your own eyes. you don't start looking like a man from working out hard

Last edited:
Leftist/feminist agenda on E3 made me throw up.

Imo the word is thrown around too much in relation to things that don't really apply, which makes it hard to define.

And I'm struggling to understand how your perspective makes it "woke."

But I would have thought it's more important to focus on the output -- the strengths and weaknesses of the title aka the gameplay.

Imo part 2, if a game, film, song etc... wants to focus on particular themes, it should depend on how well they address those things and not include them for the sake of it. But, not everyone is going to like everything.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Imo the word is thrown around too much in relation to things that don't really apply, which makes it hard to define.
It’s became meaningless word people like to throw at things they don’t like, regardless if it make sense or not.

Danjin44

Naw i think its more like replacing the characters they wanna play as for female leads. I'm sure some don't like that she gay as well.
You are joking? If you finished the original game It was pretty clear we are going to play as Ellie in sequel, I don’t understand how people shocked by this!? I’m more surprised Joel was still alive.

Also why playing as female character or gay in the game became a bad thing?

You are joking? If you finished the original game It was pretty clear we are going to play as Ellie in sequel, I don’t understand how people shocked by this!? I’m more surprised Joel was still alive.

Also why playing as female character or gay in the game became a bad thing?

How was it clear? I honestly thought i would be paying as joel mostly. They were gonna continue and try to survive together. Obviously i prefer joel because i can relate to him more. I really don't like playing as a female.

Danjin44

How was it clear? I honestly thought i would be paying as joel mostly. They were gonna continue and try to survive together.
Actually they went to camp where Joel brother is to live together rather than survive. Joel is no longer interested of going to journey, he was more interested to live peaceful like with Ellie in his brother's camp.

Obviously i prefer joel because i can relate to him more. I really don't like playing as a female.
Then this really has nothing to do with "woke/SJW" it just the fact you don't like playing as female characters in your game.

Actually they went to camp where Joel brother is to live together rather than survive. Joel is no longer interested of going to journey, he was more interested to live peaceful like with Ellie in his brother's camp.

Ok. they could have went anywhere, shit goes bad, and part 2 get made. there is no reason to think ellie was gonna be the only playable character in part 2

Then this really has nothing to do with "woke/SJW" it just the fact you don't like playing as female characters in your game.

Ok. they could have went anywhere, shit goes bad, and part 2 get made. there is no reason to think ellie was gonna be the only playable character in part 2

The reason for getting rid of the male leads is woke/SJW. they made it clear uncharted 5 if it gets made will have his daughter as a lead character.

I don't really care for drake or the series that much i would buy them just experience them. i differently will not buy part 5 if its a female lead, last of us was special and joel, was awesome.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The reason for getting rid of the male leads is woke/SJW. they made it clear uncharted 5 if it gets made will have his daughter as a lead character.
This what I’m talking about, you just basically throwing the “SJW” at the game because you personally don’t like to play as female lead in games.

In original NieR you play as male character and in Automata you play as female character, does that mean NieR is appealing to “SJW/woke”?

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
joke post about what? People were upset when snake got replaced by raiden. naughty dog has hinted already they are replacing drake with his daughter, and joel is being replaced. sure you might not care, but many people loved playing as joel, as i'm sure many loved playing as drake. maybe you act like an adult and understand not everyone thinks like you. I was disappointed when i knew joel wouldn't be playable, and watching the reasons why made be upset.
Many people loved playing as Ellie too in that section of TLOU

Do you see the amount of hype TLOU Part II has? Most people don't care that we'll be playing as Ellie, both characters are iconic for PS

Hobbygaming

I don't really care for drake or the series that much i would buy them just experience them. i differently will not buy part 5 if its a female lead, last of us was special and joel, was awesome.
Ellie was awesome too 🤷‍♂️

And if Uncharted 5 choses Cassie Drake over Sam and Sully or young solo Sully then I'm still buying it day one

Just because we haven’t seen Joel be playable yet doesn’t mean he’s not going to be? Id be surprised if he’s not playable but I won’t really care either way personally.

Does all this woman look like man crap come from Ellie looking like she’s a bit fit? Honestly I personally find that look attractive.

And if Uncharted 5 choses Cassie Drake over Sam and Sully or young solo Sully then I'm still buying it day one

Exactly I had as much fun playing Lost Legacy. I like the change up personally.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Just because we haven’t seen Joel be playable yet doesn’t mean he’s not going to be? Id be surprised if he’s not playable but I won’t really care either way personally.

Does all this woman look like man crap come from Ellie looking like she’s a bit fit? Honestly I personally find that look attractive.

Exactly I had as much fun playing Lost Legacy. I like the change up personally.
Yep and to think Lost Legacy was made in less than 2 years. Imagine if they spent a full development cycle and added more set pieces and chapters

Humdinger

And it is most definitely a strategy of the "woke" agenda. It's what these people do when they want to get something woke in front of viewers who won't willingly opt to watch a show about gays or lesbians. First, they treat you to a brilliant work of art (part 1, season 1, etc) where the creator had no interference in the production, but then comes season 2 and the wokeness is there, and it's front, and it's center, and it ain't going away.

It's what they do, so that they get you to accept it against your moral will. I'd rather they just leave the creators alone and not try to shoehorn these values into stuff that otherwise would have nothing to do with the agenda.

I don't see it that way, for two reasons. First, because a lesbian relationship was featured in the DLC for the first game, so it's not new to the second game, as in your example. Second, because this isn't an agenda externally imposed on the creators. This is the game Druckman wants to make. As far as I can tell, external interference isn't a part of it. Druckman does give off a bit of a pretentious, progressive vibe sometimes, so it's consistent.

Last edited:

wintersouls

Every time I read that someone cannot enjoy a video game just because of the simple fact that the main character is female, I think of some patients in my office. I am a psychologist. I recommend you put yourself in the hands of one, because that which seems so simple, probably drags a childhood trauma or contempt towards the female gender, which is another psychological problem.

On the subject of Ellie being gay I don't understand so much concern on the part of some. In my country that someone is gay, male or female, is the most normal thing in the world. It is rare not to have a neighbor or gay friend and it is as I say, the most normal thing in the world. We don't give it any importance.

Terenty

On the subject of Ellie being gay I don't understand so much concern on the part of some. In my country that someone is gay, male or female, is the most normal thing in the world. It is rare not to have a neighbor or gay friend and it is as I say, the most normal thing in the world. We don't give it any importance.

What country is it?

Vtecomega

Banned
Jesus christ, some of the replies in this thread have left me utterly speechless. I am convinced this place is going to turn into Era 2.0.

You know very well The last of us 2 is woke. That was the directors intentions. He openly admitted it. Why the fuck is this even a debate?

No one here is hating on gays or females. I have gay friends and a girlfriend I adore, but this day and age a minute cant go by without some woke trash being forced down our throats. If you haven't been living under a rock you would know this has been a real problem for our industry. This is not some conspiracy or something right wing folks manifest in their heads. I am talking facts.

Movie directors, game directors have openly admitted to having an agenda and using their platform to spread their propaganda and bullshit politics. So, naturally you are going to get people that are against playing as a lesbian teen tranny for obvious reasons.

i aM a pSyCHologist yOu nEEd HelP bEcAuse Of cHild hoOd tRauMa. Shut the fuck up lmao.

SLB1904

Banned
Man i wish mods would take some serious action in this forum. The hate speach is unbearably.
I have gay friends yadda yadda.
Fucking weirdos
Imagine in the 2020 have this kinda mentality.

Dacon

Banned
NGL I was kinda annoyed with the whole Ellie being gay thing, because it felt like some serious pandering coming from ND esp with some of the statements they've made on social media. Then I remembered I always play Mass Effect as female shepard and I always romance Liara, so I don't think I really have any leg to stand on regarding the whole thing.

Man i wish mods would take some serious action in this forum. The hate speach is unbearably.
I have gay friends yadda yadda.
Fucking weirdos
Imagine in the 2020 have this kinda mentality.

This reads like a joke post. I don't think I've seen any hate speech, just some hilarious levels of ignorance.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
NGL I was kinda annoyed with the whole Ellie being gay thing, because it felt like some serious pandering coming from ND esp with some of the statements they've made on social media. Then I remembered I always play Mass Effect as female shepard and I always romance Liara, so I don't think I really have any leg to stand on regarding the whole thing.

This reads like a joke post. I don't think I've seen any hate speech, just some hilarious levels of ignorance.

When did you find out ellie was gay?

SLB1904

Banned
....The same time everyone else did in the first game?

what
Because you sound that naugty dog is reacting to this stupid woke trend that is going on.
Her sexuality isnt the focus of the game.
Like i said woman at least in Brazil and Portugal are hitting the gym hard.
So is not something uncommon for me see a rpped woman.
Thats why i find bizarre this comments.
If these games were realistic
Man woukd be bald and with beer belly. But no they all look like dwayne Johnson.

ellie was awesome too until i watched the the videos about ND agenda. you notice it even in the last of us, a 14 year girl is always saving joel ass, showing feminism, joel never really saves ellie, it's only at the end where she didn't wanna be saved it just had me rolling my eyes. same shit in uncharted 4 it was so bad one of the game designers went into rage lmao

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ellie was awesome too until i watched the the videos about ND agenda. you notice it even in the last of us, a 14 year girl is always saving joel ass, showing feminism, joel never really saves ellie, it's only at the end where she didn't wanna be saved it just had me rolling my eyes. same shit in uncharted 4 it was so bad one of the game designers went into rage lmao

He literally saved her from being killed after the rape thing going to the edge of darkness to find her.

Last edited:
He literally saved her from being raped and killed after going to the edge of darkness to find her.

You talking about when the leader of the group kidnaps her because she's a girl? umm she kills him by herself and escapes by herself. joel finds her after she already killed him, he never really saved her

Last edited:

bRacing

Banned
Naw i think its more like replacing the characters they wanna play as for female leads. I'm sure some don't like that she gay as well.
Who gives a shit? Don’t like who you play as? Design your own game and make your own decisions. Crying like a brat over some other designers decisions is intended to get you where?

Top Bottom