• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 : REMASTERED |OT| If somehow a tenner gave me a second chance at that moment... I would do it all over again

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My PCM is fine doing 5.1, not sure what the other poster was on about not doing 5.1 on PCM.
My PS5 is set to Atmos, receiver says PCM when playing TLOU2 which is correct as there is no Atmos encoded. It's the same as any other content which doesn;t have Atmos. My Series X also set to Atmos, if I play something that isn't Atmos it will show the real audio format such as DD on the receiver. My friend has an older receiver, if he sets his Series X to Atmos, the receiver shows Atmos for everything. I have a newer Yamaha Aventage receiver, both Series X and PS5 go through HDMI 2.1 ports on the receiver.
I can't comment on TLOU2 on PS5 but the Atmos doesn't work the same as it does on Xbox.
Whereas the Xbox outputs whatever track is available the PS5 outputs Tempest Audio in a Atmos container so every Multichannel output is outputted as Atmos.
The only time it doesn't do this is with films

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do i need to install the ps4 disc on my ps5 or its only purpose is to be a control-check to play the remaster that i'm downloading and it just need to be inside the console?

Maybe i need to install it to read my saves? or the remaster read the saves by itself?

The PS4 version of TLoU 2 "patched" to the Remastered SKU for me, it basically downloaded the entire 85GB again. So, if you've already got the PS4 version installed, you can just keep it.

But if you're installing it for the first time, I guess hit pause and buy the $10 upgrade and download that instead.

But, yes, you will need the PS4 disc in the tray at all times if this is the upgrade path you took.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Do i need to install the ps4 disc on my ps5 or its only purpose is to be a control-check to play the remaster that i'm downloading and it just need to be inside the console?

Maybe i need to install it to read my saves? or the remaster read the saves by itself?
No just pop the disc in and stop PS4 version installing and download the PS5 version.
Then delete the PS4 version off the menu

GymWolf

No just pop the disc in and stop PS4 version installing and download the PS5 version.
Then delete the PS4 version off the menu
How do i avoid the ps5 from trying to install the ps4 disc every damn time i turn on the console?

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I'm one of the few not threatened by Abby cause I'm bigger than her. I just played the first two encounters as her. I forgot how amazing this game is. The graphics, animations, and gore are just on another level compared to anything else.

Also, playing on fidelity mode on a VRR OLED and it looks like 60fps. Beautiful game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm one of the few not threatened by Abby cause I'm bigger than her. I just played the first two encounters as her. I forgot how amazing this game is. The graphics, animations, and gore are just on another level compared to anything else.

Also, playing on fidelity mode on a VRR OLED and it looks like 60fps. Beautiful game.
Gore in dead island 2 is WAY more advanced.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It'll still do it when waking from rest mode.
Well that’s dumb. And I dunno what people are talking about with patching the PS4 version, for me it was a whole new 80GB PS5 version and I needed to import a save file then delete the PS4 which was still in my launcher

Was anyone able to transfer all trophies, including the Platinum, from importing the ps4 saves of the game? I imported my saves from the ps4 and unlocked all but 2 trophies: Artifact (all collectibles) and the Card Collector trophy. Really don’t want to go through the collectathon again!

Some of these collectible trophies are bugged. My archivist trophy didnt transfer over and progress is locked at 0/147 even when I collect artifacts & journal entries.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yeah the transfer/ng+ stuff is a little weird. Like, all my stuff transferred and I got the plat and started a ng+, but really the only thing that carried over were the game unlocks like infinite ammo and bullet time while aiming. It’s a fresh game otherwise for me with having to upgrade all the weapons and unlock skills (which I don’t mind at all).

And I don’t know what it is but this moderate+ run has been kicking my ass especially in resources. Most of the time I only have a couple bullets spread between both pistols and maybe a spare shotgun or rifle round. I don’t know if it’s a more brutal kind of dynamic difficulty they added or what but I’ve never had a playthrough like this.

Last edited:

saintjules

So, I'm using 5.1 PCM and set to AV Amplifier and have fully working 5.1 audio. I've played several sessions too and always had perfect audio. Not sure whats causing issues for you, but I'm not having any. My audio is going via a TV eARC set up into a Yamaha AVR. Full surround, all correctly placed.

I'm a few hours in and I'm usually getting far greater than 40fps and only occasionally getting as low as 40fps, so for me that's just not true.

I'm not having any issues, it is saintjules saintjules that is saying it doesn't play 5.1 in PCM. After going back after commenting, I'm getting 5.1, I was second guessing because of his post.

My PCM is fine doing 5.1, not sure what the other poster was on about not doing 5.1 on PCM.
My PS5 is set to Atmos, receiver says PCM when playing TLOU2 which is correct as there is no Atmos encoded. It's the same as any other content which doesn;t have Atmos. My Series X also set to Atmos, if I play something that isn't Atmos it will show the real audio format such as DD on the receiver. My friend has an older receiver, if he sets his Series X to Atmos, the receiver shows Atmos for everything. I have a newer Yamaha Aventage receiver, both Series X and PS5 go through HDMI 2.1 ports on the receiver.

Could be depending on the AVR receiver. When using Linear PCM I was only getting 2.0. When I switched to Dolby, I get the full 5.1 now.

So i started playing the TLOU2 and when i went in the sound options i noticed that the only available option was 2.0 channel, not 5.1 so i went to the ps4 sound settings and changed some things around. i changed hdmi out to optical out and pcm linear to dts and now i have the 5.1 option available in the game. I have my ps4 to the tv via hdmi and the tv to the receiver via optical cable. So my question is do i have the correct setup now or am i doing it wrong????

Hugare

Playing now and I know it's very very minor update BUT damn this game still looks better than almost everything that came out since.
Yeah, I felt the same when booting it up at 4K

I was like "damn, Joel looks crisp"

It's crazy that this is a last gen game from 4 years ago.

ND is top tier

PS: Oh and ND are magicians at making 30 FPS games look/feel good.

Last edited:

angrod14

It blows my mind how good it looks. While I am aware playing glued to a giant ass C2 helps - in Fidelity Mode the jump in quality is, in fact, very comparable to TLOU ps3 -> TLOU:R ps4.

Oh my god I forgot how much this game makes my heart beat. It's so fucking intense and even more so with the ps5 upgrade. What a masterpiece.

I haven’t played this in ages, but my god, does it ooze quality.

This is such an amazing looking game in 4K

And the combat is just insane with the haptics. I forgot just how punishing, brutal, and visceral it all is - the additional details and resolution really bring it to life.

I bet we get 4K60 patch with the PS5 Pro

What sucks is I want to wait to replay this with the Pulse Elites for the increased audio quality. Maybe I'll stick to no return mode for now

I forgot how amazing this game is. The graphics, animations, and gore are just on another level compared to anything else.

The GOAT, people, the GOAT. I never stopped playing it during all these years because simply, nothing was at this level. I don't know what sorcery ND does to be able to pull this off but there's evidence all over around that they simply are in another galaxy. It's not just the graphics, it's every thing: the production quality, the acting, the animations, the level of detail, the shooting mechanics, the level design, art design, etc.

Some of these collectible trophies are bugged. My archivist trophy didnt transfer over and progress is locked at 0/147 even when I collect artifacts & journal entries.
Yeah it’s the same for me. The only thing that didn’t pop was that trophy and the card collector one, and like you it’s at 0/147, though on the chapter select it show that I collected mostly everything. I’m gonna collect whatever’s missing and see if it unlocks.

adamsapple

How do i avoid the ps5 from trying to install the ps4 disc every damn time i turn on the console?

If you pause the install, and download the PS5 version, does it still want to install the PS4 version?

I would reckon the disc check will identify that the PS5 upgrade is already installed.

Flabagast

Dev commentary during cutscenes is pretty cool and goes in depth into some choices that were made.

I could see myself redoing a play through with all kinds of silly mods, skins and filters just to see these comments

HDM

Some of my options are not saved correctly. Like vibrations intensity or image grain, they reset on each restart.
But some others are saved, like axis invertion or perf/quality mode, locked fps yes/no.

Strange.

King Dazzar

Some of my options are not saved correctly. Like vibrations intensity or image grain, they reset on each restart.
But some others are saved, like axis invertion or perf/quality mode, locked fps yes/no.

Strange.
On pt1 remake I had an issue with custom controller schemes resetting if you changed a specific binding. Have you tried saving the game after you have done any setting changes? FWIW, so far I havent had your issue. Only bug I have had is one infinite black screen before a cut scene....

Im on LG C9, their first 120hz vrr oled panel they made and the game runs like a dream on fidelity vrr unlocked, im very sensitive to choppyness and just like part 1 remake, its buttery for 85% of time and the benefit of 4k native is huge. Its so crisp and just a marvel to look at

Three

Screenshot-20240120-175652-Chrome.jpg

That's nice of them. I guess some people complaining that they were trying to scam people who mistakenly bought HFW on PS4 when the PS5 version included both made them do things like this. If you mistakenly preordered the PS5 remaster but owned the PS4 version they automatically refunded you and pointed to the upgrade instead.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have an atmos soundbar and i always had issues with the PS5 surround settings. but ever since they released the Atmos support, i simply set it to Dolby and it works in every 4k bluray or game.

Honestly, its amazing to hear thunder over my head in the Seattle Day 3 chapter as Ellie takes the boat to the Aquarium. Its simply astounding sound design, and basically what Atmos was built for. There really isnt much else you hear in movies and games over your head unless there is a plane or helicopter flying over your head. The thunder is the main thing and my entire room turns into an outdoor field thanks to Atmos.

the only other time i was as impressed with atmos was when i watched Band of Brothers pacific okinawa beach landing and they had planes constantly flying over the men fighting on the beaches. It wasnt even atmos but the surround sound was so well captured it felt like i had planes flying over my head. Even black hawk down which supports Atmos didnt have an experience like that.

GymWolf

I'll have to pick that up when on sale but from what I've seen it may be more advanced but it seems to be in a cartoony way. More subdued and realistic in TLOU2 in my opinion. I'll have to play it instead of watching it being streamed to be sure.
Sure it is a bit more cartoony and the physics is a bit more exagerated, but not by that much, it is also completely procedural, until you break a knee with a blunt weapon in that game it can't be explained how good it feel.

The audio design is what make tlou2 more realistic and gruesome.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I got the 10$ upgrade over ps4 disc version.
Having 2 icons in home is correct yes. Ps5 ui is such a mess sometimes. The nesting in psn is crap.
I knew I should’ve went for disc version but 50 is out of the question for this

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is such an amazing looking game in 4K

And the combat is just insane with the haptics. I forgot just how punishing, brutal, and visceral it all is - the additional details and resolution really bring it to life.

I bet we get 4K60 patch with the PS5 Pro

What sucks is I want to wait to replay this with the Pulse Elites for the increased audio quality. Maybe I'll stick to no return mode for now
GamingTech did a framerate analysis and indoors the framerate is already hitting 60 fps in the 4k mode. It stays around 55 fps indoors and around 48 fps outdoors. When the PS5 Pro comes out, it wont need a patch, it will easily run at 4k 60 fps thanks to the unlocked framerate.

Spiderman 2's 40 fps mode is also very similar. it has dynamic resolution that hits 4k but in reality it drops down to 1440p most of the time. However, when the PS5 Pro comes out, the increased GPU power will automatically run it at the higher 4k resolution and enabling vrr will push it to 60 fps. No need for a patch.

Try KZSF on the PS5. its a locked 60 fps and it actually never got a PS4 pro patch, let alone a PS5 one.

adamsapple

Correct me if I'm wrong. So if I turn on Vrr, 120 Hz the game will run at unlocked framerate?

There's an unlock frame rate toggle in the Visual settings, if you have a 120hz / VRR on display, it unlocks frame rate.

If you have 120hz but VRR off (or a 120hz TV without VRR), it will move the cap from 30 FPS to 40 FPS and try to run at that consistently.

T-0800

I have an atmos soundbar and i always had issues with the PS5 surround settings. but ever since they released the Atmos support, i simply set it to Dolby and it works in every 4k bluray or game.

Honestly, its amazing to hear thunder over my head in the Seattle Day 3 chapter as Ellie takes the boat to the Aquarium. Its simply astounding sound design, and basically what Atmos was built for. There really isnt much else you hear in movies and games over your head unless there is a plane or helicopter flying over your head. The thunder is the main thing and my entire room turns into an outdoor field thanks to Atmos.

the only other time i was as impressed with atmos was when i watched Band of Brothers pacific okinawa beach landing and they had planes constantly flying over the men fighting on the beaches. It wasnt even atmos but the surround sound was so well captured it felt like i had planes flying over my head. Even black hawk down which supports Atmos didnt have an experience like that.
What sort of sound system are you using?

Top Bottom