• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Hellblade II is massive, and growing.

Topher

Gold Member
3RE09TG.png

Tango Gameworks:

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

I look forward to both this game's release on Playstation... and the introduction of the requirement to sign up to a PSN account to play it on PC, alongside having to have an Xbox account.

MAUs for everyone!!!!

golden shower pee GIF
MAU Tse-tung

Special activation from Iceland. Does that mean they got Björk to do something 🤪

Last edited:

MH3M3D

Really? A crazy chick who talks gibberish to herself the whole time + boring combat. That was pretty much the first game. Not expecting anything more than a graphics upgrade.

Stamps1646

What hype? I wish I was joking.

I'm eager to pick it up this month, but the marketing for this game has been quite weak.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It’s being spammed to fuckery on Reddit.
Don't care about Reddit and what's going in there. I don't even have an account there.

But I do care about Ninja Theory and their games. They've made a huge mistake going to MS to help them fund their games, while instead they could've launched Kickstarter and I'm sure not only people who care would've supported them, but a few game dev studios as well, like Larian for example.

Orbital2060

From the trailer, I like this panorama shot. I wonder how much on-foot travel there is going to be. I guess its strictly linear and not much wide exploration. But some adventuring around would be nice, and stuff to find.

PgZcpYL.png

Lorianus

7 Years in development, if it has the same game lenght of the first one its a year per hour of entertainment, they should start to update their CV's.

OP, what are you smoking and who is your supplier? There's no hype for HB2. If anything, there's negative hype, due to a whole lot of people who apparently never played the first one thinking this was going to be some sort of AAA, 50 hour, open world, God of War-like epic, rather than being a slightly longer and prettier sequel to an indie that's one half action game and one half walking sim.

Mercador

I thought I have read Hades 2 for a second. I've played a bit of the first game but they hyped the second so much, I'm not that confident.

LordCBH

I played the first one. That game is balls deep in "gameplay is getting in the way of My Experience" territory. One of those games so Cinematic, gameplay becomes a hassle for their pretentious auteur aspirations. But hey, mental health struggles are like, so hot right now.

Hellblade is what I picture every time someone complains about PlayStation titles. Stuff like last of us and god of war had actual gameplay. Hellblade just…doesn’t.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This is the one with the lesbian having an epileptic seizure in front of the camera for what feels like a longer amount of time than the full retail game is purported to be?

There’s no hype for this game, at all.

The first game was nice looking, but it was a bizarre mental illness walking simulator. There’s no substance to the game other than impressive visuals.

Yeah, I'm just not hyped by this at all. Didn;t see the appeal in the first one and definitely don't see the appeal of this one. Hopefully it reviews well and I try it and am proven wrong ...

just playing through my $3 keyshop copy of Hellblade 1 for the first time in anticipation of playing Hellblade 2 on $1 trial upon release. Thanks Microsoft! Greatest deal in gaming.

PS. Get Fucked MS.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
MS marketing in the nutshell. Lazy and greedy fucks:messenger_pouting:

Embargo lifting on release date too. That screams confidence!
Confidence means nothing here really, the game will no doubt be successful among game journasaurs and alike and I'm sure MS knows this, it's just they don't give a fuck. Last I checked, they haven't even started sending review codes.

Last edited:

Pelta88

It’s a given that HB2 won’t recoup. But it’s 8 months from now that’ll be the most interesting.

Will MS close the studio or allow them to go independent? Given NT’s history and the ip/platform they’ve worked on, MS’s decision on their future will be telling.

Kurotri

This is the one with the lesbian having an epileptic seizure in front of the camera for what feels like a longer amount of time than the full retail game is purported to be?
You joke but given the times we are living in right now I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be one all of a sudden when there wasn't anything suggesting that in the original.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You joke but given the times we are living in right now I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be one all of a sudden when there wasn't anything suggesting that in the original.

Yeah, you can never be too sure you're taking the piss or giving them their next idea.

Top Bottom